Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Compass Helicopters

Compass Helicopters Rage RC Hellicopter Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2014, 08:06 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

this is probably the exact reason they chose 760 rather than 800. power systems just arent up to the task of giving an 800 any kind of agility like a 700.
quinn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-22-2014, 11:52 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The 7hv motor makes more than enough power to swing 800mm blades I run a scorpion on my G4 e820 on 14s and it's more agile than my 7hv when smacked maybe because it's a light

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Compass 550 ULT, Eznov Neuron | Thunder Tiger e700 Mini Vbar | Thunder Tiger G4 e820 SPARTAN (Committed suicide)| DX8 #286
Stevewashere is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-23-2014, 12:59 AM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

don't know what you'r talking about. My protos 800 on 14s with xnova 4535 motor with 13kw of peak power could kick ass of my 7hv any time. I feel no lack in power at all.
Old 08-23-2014, 04:41 AM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The 7hv motor puts out 10kw that's quite a bit

Compass 550 ULT, Eznov Neuron | Thunder Tiger e700 Mini Vbar | Thunder Tiger G4 e820 SPARTAN (Committed suicide)| DX8 #286
Old 08-23-2014, 09:33 PM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciobrelis View Post
don't know what you'r talking about. My protos 800 on 14s with xnova 4535 motor with 13kw of peak power could kick ass of my 7hv any time. I feel no lack in power at all.
What motor is in your 7hv? I have a scorpion 4530 in mine and it moves across the feild in the blink of an eye. havent seen an 800 thats quite as quick. In all the smack videos ive seen, it doesnt seem like the 800's are ever quite as quick as the 700's.

If compass really is planning on a stretch kit, im not sure why they would want to keep it a secret. Every day people are buying 800's and might just hold out if they knew a compass 800 was gonna be available. Also the chronos would make a lot more sense knowing this. Just seems like a whole lot of extra beefiness that doesnt really seem needed. the adjustable damping is cool, but the current 7hv already flies amazing and more precise than any other 700 in my opinion. Also it has no lack of durability without the 15mm shaft and extra frame stiffeners. Maybe i just need to fly the chronos to understand the changes
Old 08-24-2014, 03:24 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm running stock compass motor on my 7hv. On 2100rpm my Protos sure moves as fast as my 7hv.
Don't have a video of mine, but it doesn't look slow seeing dario smack it:

Xnova motor XTS-4535-520kv and Dario Neuenschwander with Protos-800 (2 min 45 sec)
Old 08-24-2014, 06:49 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

Absolutely not slow, but in my opinion not as quick as a 7hv really getting smacked around. Even if they went with an 800 I'm sure it would be awesome but i think 760 would be the sweet spot with a good 14s setup really throwing it around.
Old 08-24-2014, 07:22 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I agree also 813 size blades are expensive and are a pain in the ass to get hold of

Old 08-31-2014, 06:02 PM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

You're referring to Edge 813s but that's not a requirement. Several blade manufacturers make 800mm blades...Spin blades, RJX, SAB, Align, NHP etc.
TheKingPhisher is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in