Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 400

Blade 400 Blade Helicopters (eFlite) 400 Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2008, 10:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Second Time trying 3D!!!!

Alright bare with me, lol. My first time posting a youtube vid on this site. But anyway, This is my second attempt at doing some 3D. This is only my second attempt EVER doing any type of 3D with my heli's and only the second time that I have actually flew this heli (outside of hovering). I want to say sorry for the camera man, in all fairness this is the firstime he has used my cam and only had a few seconds to get used to it. Trust me wait til the end of the vid, LOL! Hope you enjoy!!!

Blade 400 Second attempt (3 min 11 sec)

Blade CP, JR receiver hack, JR XP 6102 Rx, DD Tail.
Blade 400, 2100mah 11.1v 3S Li-Po's, HS-65MG cyclic, GY401, S9650 tail, Align tail boom servo mounts, Align 35A--X ESC, 325mm Align Pro Woodies. Blade Grip Flip!
smokndodge is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-28-2008, 10:18 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Awesome job! Hey.. I could hear those nighthawks in the background! Where do you live?
Slyster is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-28-2008, 10:25 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyster View Post
Awesome job! Hey.. I could hear those nighthawks in the background! Where do you live?
Central, IL!

Blade 400, 2100mah 11.1v 3S Li-Po's, HS-65MG cyclic, GY401, S9650 tail, Align tail boom servo mounts, Align 35A--X ESC, 325mm Align Pro Woodies. Blade Grip Flip!
Old 06-29-2008, 12:04 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

i just installed a 9650 on my tai, do u like yours, nice flying, what is your headspeed at
later brandon
Old 06-29-2008, 12:07 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by keiser BLADE View Post
i just installed a 9650 on my tai, do u like yours, nice flying, what is your headspeed at
later brandon
Thanks man, I like the 9650, a little jumpy but I think it is the stock gyro not for sure though. Anyway I am not sure what my head spead actually is. One of these days I will actually either make my own or buy one, lol.

Old 06-29-2008, 12:16 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

crud i ment to say throttle curve in idle up sorry
Old 06-29-2008, 12:30 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by keiser BLADE View Post
crud i ment to say throttle curve in idle up sorry

I am running the stock throttle curve in Idle up. I changed my Normal throttle curve though, it is 0.0, 45. 65, 85, 100. I changed the normal for a better transition to idle up.

Old 06-29-2008, 12:32 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

and only the second time that I have actually flew this heli (outside of hovering).

Can you hounestly say that "outside of hovering", dude your doin figure 8's either your full of sh&t or i need to start practicing more Anyways nice vid.

Sorry I'V been drinkin tonight, sorry for any vougal commets , and apolpgise for any bad spelling, although its not much better sober
josh mcormick is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2008, 12:41 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

when i go to flip mine like that it drops quickly, i have to be very careful, im gonna give 100 95 90 95 100 a shot i think
thanks brandon
Old 06-29-2008, 01:05 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh mcormick View Post
Can you hounestly say that "outside of hovering", dude your doin figure 8's either your full of sh&t or i need to start practicing more Anyways nice vid.
I was wondering the same thing. I can't imagine flying like that even after a full summer flying hundreds of packs. I am on my 300th flight or so when I add up my B400 and HBFP flights... and (with the B400) I am just getting used to it enough to hover in all orientations... probably 30 flights now with it.

Either you are already VERY accomplished with a smaller CP heli or you are full of bull!
Old 06-29-2008, 01:21 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh mcormick View Post
and only the second time that I have actually flew this heli (outside of hovering).

Sorry I'V been drinkin tonight, sorry for any vougal commets , and apolpgise for any bad spelling, although its not much better sober
OK, you caught me. I have flown it forward about 10 or 15 feet and then back (tail in). I have a Blade CP that I have had for a while but have NEVER done anything more that tial in flying. Most of my time has been on sim. I just finally had to justify spending the money on the sim by grabbing my gonads and trying. Well it worked the first time( went through 2 batts. and landed at the end.) then this time(which my vid shows) not so well. It is all good though I am sure there are going to be many more "issues", LOL.

Old 06-29-2008, 01:32 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

im gonna try a flip soon. right now tho i only have around 6 degrees negetive pitch. i have to fool around with it more and get more pitch before she gos upside down.
on the other hand, im enjoying the crap out of this bird right now and having a great time just free flying and nose in hovering. may spend more time with that till i get more comfortable with it. no need to go to the hobby shop for more parts just yet

by the way nice job with the flying
full throttle, ill figure it out from there
overclocker is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2008, 01:35 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by overclocker View Post
im gonna try a flip soon. right now tho i only have around 6 degrees negetive pitch. i have to fool around with it more and get more pitch before she gos upside down.
on the other hand, im enjoying the crap out of this bird right now and having a great time just free flying and nose in hovering. may spend more time with that till i get more comfortable with it. no need to go to the hobby shop for more parts just yet

I hear ya! AMAINHOBBIES love's me right now, LOL!

Old 06-29-2008, 01:37 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by overclocker View Post

you may need to lower your swash plate to achive -10

thats saying you in idle up and p curve is liniar

if you get +10/0/-6
then you have to lower swash reset to 0 at mid see if +/- are the same ie +8/-8
the raise swashmis pitch till you get +10 and -10 should also be in

may have to play with it a bit
sokal is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2008, 01:37 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

OK. Fair enough!

Some people are just naturals no doubt about it. In any given hobby. I have played Quake 3 for years.. tournaments and all.. and have had kids beat me and they had only played for a few weeks. It's all about the genes. But I am doing pretty good with helis so far.. first flight (HBFP) only 3 months ago and now I can push it to it's 'limited' limit. The B400 will keep me learning and busy for 2 summers I would say. 3D? Maybe 2 years from now. I know some people who tried the HBFP for MONTHS and could not hover... so everyone is just blessed with one skill or another.
Old 06-29-2008, 01:39 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by sokal View Post
you may need to lower your swash plate to achive -10

thats saying you in idle up and p curve is liniar

if you get +10/0/-6
then you have to lower swash reset to 0 at mid see if +/- are the same ie +8/-8
the raise swashmis pitch till you get +10 and -10 should also be in

may have to play with it a bit
thanks for the info. i will mess with it after my sisters wedding in the morning
Old 06-29-2008, 01:42 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
OK. Fair enough!

Some people are just naturals no doubt about it. In any given hobby. I have played Quake 3 for years.. tournaments and all.. and have had kids beat me and they had only played for a few weeks. It's all about the genes. But I am doing pretty good with helis so far.. first flight (HBFP) only 3 months ago and now I can push it to it's 'limited' limit. The B400 will keep me learning and busy for 2 summers I would say. 3D? Maybe 2 years from now. I know some people who tried the HBFP for MONTHS and could not hover... so everyone is just blessed with one skill or another.
ive been at it for 9 months now so if i can you can keep it up

collective managment is key
slight presure anydirection on collective will raise or lower the heli
small corrections

fear is the hardest thing to get past but once its done it becomes less
so keep going and make vids so we can drool
Old 06-29-2008, 01:43 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
OK. Fair enough!

you got the right idea sly, no need to push beyond your limits. the result will be a lawn dart. take your time and enjoy it. thats what im doing. if it was easy, everyone would do it and it wouldnt be fun
Old 06-29-2008, 01:55 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

SOKAL hit the nail on the head! FEAR is the biggest thing. I don't have alot of money to throw around with 2 kids and a wife so that has is some of what has kept me from doing more than hovering in the back yard. But I just said the heck with it and put what I have done on the sim to pratical use (that is why it is so sloppy) but, how are you going to learn if you don try? I get tired of seeing all these great vids of these pro's doing this stuff and I can't, so I decided to do something about it, lol, (well try any way.) All I can say is THANKS SOKAL for your rebuilt vids, lol. God knows I am going to need them even more now, lol!

Old 06-29-2008, 02:01 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

practice being as one brave man told me 3 mistakes high

for recovery room
as of now our level doesnt need drastice inputs smooth and calm

at first do coorrdinated turns will slight banks
and so one work your way up slowly and then you will be able to perfect the manuver and build apon it

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in