Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > FMA/Revolectrix Product Support

FMA/Revolectrix Product Support FMA/Revolectrix Factory Product Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2012, 01:38 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Need help with DX6i/Co-Pilot II settings

I have a Blade 450 3D with a DX6i.

I have read the Co-Pilot II instruction numerous times, I made a diagram of how my Blade 450 Reciever connections are (Stock from factory, No Co-Pilot II installed) just in case and for when i want to remove it and go back to "normal" configuration.

The 450 is setup for a Rock Steady Hover and everything is setup as it should be for flying.

Installed the Co-Pilot II according to "Co-Pilot II - How To, Made Simple", from HeliFreak GREAT REFERENCE!!!,
But i am having one problem. I can not figure out how to do the following .

"Change gear/gyro setup for DX6i, set gear to gear and set the end points to +100 / -100".

I can get into the DX6i's menu ok, but i need help from there.
Everything else is connected and working the way it should except for this one item, been at it for hours!! HELP!!

I have also made several copies of the original flight programs for the 450 in the DX6i Just in case i mess one up.

Also this is ONE GREAT RC HELICOPTER Website!!

Many Thanks in Advance
Rob
Rob357 is offline        Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2012, 04:19 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

there is no gear/gyro setup for DX6i, There is a post on what to do but I cant find it. I will keep looking............
found it refere to post #5
https://www.helifreak.com/showthread...dx6i+gear+gyro
Old 01-02-2012, 07:42 PM   #3 (permalink)
Thread Starter Thread Starter

N6NEV:

Thanks for the reference, but "No Joy". I'll put a call into the Technician at Revolectrix and run it by him.

N6NEV, sounds like a HAM call sign?, if so mine is W4RAA, if you hear me, give me a yell, I'm on all bands.

Rob
Old 01-02-2012, 08:18 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Can you see the gyro switch working on the DX6i's monitor screen? If so did you teach CPII to read the switch on the Quick setup?
pril250 is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2012, 08:26 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi,

Please check and make sure the following is correct:

1. Make sure the gyro gain pigtail (normally just 1 wire) is connected to SVO4 and the pigtail is installed with the wire facing the bottom of the case (away from the label).

2. Make sure the gyro output is set to the same number used in your transmitter to control heading hold. This is adjusted in the "Preference" section of the CPII programmer.

3. Make sure the on/off pigtail is connected to channel 5 of your receiver. During the quick setup, you were asked to move the on/off switch on your transmitter to make sure you have the right switch and that it is working, you should of seen about 1000 ms swing when you move the switch. Did you verify this?

4. Did you assign "Level Flight" to the on position of your switch? This is probably the #1 most missed item during setup.

You can call me and I will help you go over the installation and setup.

howard@fmadirect.com
301-829-5533

Thanks!
"A Veteran -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to: 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life." __ Unknown
Howard Matos is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2012, 08:35 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi there,

Assuming you've set your model type to "Heli" I can tell you how to set the switch up.
The switch you'll use the "Gyro/Flap" switch.

Follow these instructions ONLY if you intend to set your gyro gain through the Co-Pilot, and use this switch to turn Co-Pilot on and off.

This switch is adjusted via your "adjust list" screens. Go to the "gyro" menu under the adjust list, and you'll see a couple things:

Where the screen shows "SW-XXX" you'll need to choose "SW-GYRO" - this is on the right side of the screen.

On the bottom of the screen you'll see "RATE" and just under that you'll see:

0: 50.0% (or possibly another percentage if you've already set your gyro gains up.)
Change the percentage to 0.0%

under that you'll see:

1: 50.0% (or possibly another percentage if you've already set your gyro gains up.)
Change the percentage to 100.0%

This ensures the Co-Pilot gets the lowest possible signal to turn OFF, and the highest possible signal to turn ON when you toggle the GYRO/FLAP switch.

*** Since setting up this way means you are using the Co-Pilot to send the gain value to your gyro, REMEMBER that the value you put into the Co-Pilot is the ACTUAL gain, not a scaled number. So 40% gain in go pilot will make your gyro have 40% gain. POSITIVE gain should drive the gyro into heading lock mode, and NEGATIVE gain should drive it into RATE mode.

Hope this helps.
MLC
MidLifeCrisis is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2012, 07:31 PM   #7 (permalink)
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Howard/Midlifecrisis

Gentleman, i do believe that i have it configured now, THANKS to both of you.

I have the Co-Pilot II configured to Turn On/Off using the Flap/Gyro Switch as you suggested MidlifeCrisis.

Everything seems to be working as it should, but i did notice one thing. When i was switching between On & Off the display on the programmer would show
OFF 0% when the switch was OFF and
OFF 100% when i switched it ON. Normal?

Howard: I will give you a call tomorrow @ 3:45-400pm to make sure i have the programming setup correctly.

Once again THANK YOU one & all for your assistance, this is what makes this Website standout!!

Rob
Old 01-03-2012, 09:08 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob357 View Post
Howard/Midlifecrisis

Gentleman, i do believe that i have it configured now, THANKS to both of you.

I have the Co-Pilot II configured to Turn On/Off using the Flap/Gyro Switch as you suggested MidlifeCrisis.

Everything seems to be working as it should, but i did notice one thing. When i was switching between On & Off the display on the programmer would show
OFF 0% when the switch was OFF and
OFF 100% when i switched it ON. Normal?

Howard: I will give you a call tomorrow @ 3:45-400pm to make sure i have the programming setup correctly.

Once again THANK YOU one & all for your assistance, this is what makes this Website standout!!

Rob
Hi,

Sounds like you did not get it assigned for level flight. Give me a call tomorrow and I will go over it with you. You are almost there!
"A Veteran -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to: 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life." __ Unknown
Howard Matos is offline        Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in