Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 130X

130X Blade 130X Helicopters Information and Help

Like Tree18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2012, 12:08 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 130x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew166 View Post
Do the RK tail! Whole tail, slider, grips and tail box, grommet the thing remove o rings and use canopy grommets on the swash and main grips, and also the little orings for tail, thing will fly rock solid! Trust me I know, I have two birds rock solid this way! Kills the mcpx v2 by 1000 miles.
I do plan on ordering the tail box and blade grips. Hopefully they will be in stock soon. I installed grommets on the swash before the first flight. Blade factory swash o-rings are essentially for looks. You're right about the performance of the 130x vs. mcpx but it's really apples and oranges. Both are appreciated for different reasons. I like the crash ability factor for the Mcpx and the Power of the 130x. I'm sure the 130x will fly great after the new mods as others have reported.
H.M.MURDOCK is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-14-2012, 01:26 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Ordered a RKH tail case and RKH tail servo mount. Received my Carbon Motor Mount Stiffener, and an extra item from Astroids Designs still waiting for the batteries and servo I ordered (not a ds35, it a little bigger but twice the torque, and same speed for $7), if that servo works awesome, if not Ill get the DS35. placing an order for an xp-12a next week, just not sure if I want it on the side of the frame.

Greased my bearings and flew 3 packs
Old 09-14-2012, 04:45 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Looked at its box and wondered when the the new main blade grips will arrive so I can try a 3rd battery pack on it. Also waiting for 5 new batteries in anticipation that I may get to fly it that long in one day
Old 09-14-2012, 05:20 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Found the source of my wag (split mainshaft), shimmed metal a gear (.6 nylon shim under collar) for a uber butter smooth geartrain. And installed an xp12a I've had laying around flashed with blheli to govern the spin 8800kv. Stoked!
Sowa is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-15-2012, 02:07 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Ordered a RKH pitch slider, and kbdd pink tail blades!

Installed 300X boom supports and put o rings everywhere, thanks to NCcraig! U can get them from him for only $2!

Trying to earn some extra cash to get the rkh tail case and tail grips for a whole RKH tail!!

Thinkin about gettin a fusuno canopy with the "future" scheme. (just like my b450)

Going to paint the tail fin green like my b450 also!
gdawgs56 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-15-2012, 06:03 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Piro flips

Spent the week on the sim practising piro flips as per the link below:

http://*********.com/how-to-nick-max...ip-piro-flips/

I found this a very easy to understand method and helps me with my various orientations.

Was not going to do it with a real heli yet (especially one as small as the 130X) but I could not resist trying. I was surprised that I found it as stable as the Trex 700 in the sim. I did 2 packs of very, very bad stepped piro flips before crashing (and losing a C gear) but I was very pleased with myself. Reseated the boom and added a new C gear and can't wait to try again tomorrow.

Can't get over how stable this heli is. Flies so well when the tail is set up well.

Quad bearing mod failed as the extra bearing near the slider came out for the second time. I do not want to use any more CA in case it gets into the bearings. I think that I need to try it with a new tail box before it has seen any lube or stress.

Got rid of the fin and replaced it with a 2mm CF rod bound on with fishing line and CA. No tail vibe during spool up so that's good. Tail servo is starting to twitch so I will clean it this week.
IanWhitehead65 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-15-2012, 06:24 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Put on my new Astroid Designs CF tail fin and motor mount stiffener.
Old 09-15-2012, 06:45 AM   #28 (permalink)
Blade Forum Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCcraig View Post
Put on my new Astroid Designs CF tail fin and motor mount stiffener.
+1 I did the samething thank u again Dylan.

Be blessed
Isaac

Sent from my A100 using Tapatalk 2
tntburnett is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-15-2012, 05:18 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by H.M.MURDOCK View Post
Try practicing the inverted circuits on the MCPX. That is how I learned the fastest. Learning/practicing inverted circuits on the 130x would be a challenge because the heli can get away from you quickly. The 130x Doesn't crash as well as the MCPX either in my opinion.
Well today was the break through.

Practiced some more on the sim, then went to the field with the mCPX and the 130X, and finally!!!

I have some video which I can upload later, but inverted circuits are getting there!!!
Old 09-15-2012, 06:27 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

painted the tail fin neon green, added supports guide, will add a pic in the sick images thread!
Old 09-15-2012, 06:39 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdawgs56 View Post
painted the tail fin neon green, added supports guide, will add a pic in the sick images thread!
So you got it and been flying it! How you like it im trying to come up with money to buy one wish i had never cancelled my order. I get to fly my dads but i want my own so i can fly on deck

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using Tapatalk 2

Epoweredrc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-15-2012, 06:49 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

well, it actually came with a broken pitch slider, so i didnt want to get another plastic one since the RKH metal one is only $3 more, so i have to wait till Wed for it to come in the mail along with my pink KBDD tail blades. No flight yet. I planned on doin these mods anyways so i might as well do them while shes grounded. Im thinkin im goin to like this thing, im already saving for the RKH tail case and grips!

I uploaded pics in the pics thread!

Im probably going to get a FUTURE fusuno canopy to match my b450, then i would have to get blue skids and green tail blades and they would be identical twins!
Old 09-15-2012, 08:53 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

It was calm, so I decided to take her out for a spin. As soon as I took off, the wind started to blow and it was a little more than I felt comfortable with in my surroundings. So, I didn't get to fly it much today.
Old 09-15-2012, 10:49 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by grovey View Post
Well today was the break through.

Practiced some more on the sim, then went to the field with the mCPX and the 130X, and finally!!!

I have some video which I can upload later, but inverted circuits are getting there!!!
Here is the video

[ame]http://youtu.be/ZHVHgVbpofU[/ame]
Old 09-17-2012, 06:52 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

Last week, iI flew it outside, and darted it tail-in into concrete...
Tail case cracked open, bearings and shaft out of their holes, plastic tail case bent...
I got the bearings back into place, got the tail shaft back to it's normal position and, went inside (gym hall)

Here's what it looked like after I put it back together:

Well, it flew quite well, except for some vibes... Flips and rolls still went okay, so I decided to let a friend at the club have a go with it...

Flies quite well for a half broken heli if you ask me

I went through 3 more packs and packed it until tonight...

I went tpat the club tonight, had 3 more packs, doing inverted hover and such, still with half broken tail, when I just had a brain fart, and inverted up and down (idk what happened inside my head at this moment)
I hit TH just before hitting the gym's ceiling (approx 5m) and the heli crashed head first like a stone

Here's what it looks like...

Stripped the whole head link guide away... the head block screw just went missing, never to be found again...

Seems like in fact the missing screw just went up through the shaft and out...

Well it looks like I really need some parts now....
Bisso is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2012, 07:06 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

wow, that sux. I have never seen a screw rip through the shaft like that

Well, hope you get her fixed up soon!
Old 09-17-2012, 07:47 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

I crashed today. Darn battery flew out on flight! :O Pretty bad damage as my new bling got hurt in the crash. The darn thing just had to land on the tail case. Talk about luck.... the heli hit tail first on the tail shaft collar so there was no scratches to the MH bling It got bent pretty bad but I was able to bend it back and now it's just like new. Installed new tail bearings since they were all gritty in the crash.

New shaft was bad out the package. The screw will not go all the way in the hub. Hub looks a little rusty. Man this was my last tail shaft too! Kinda pisses me off that this has happened more than 1 time. Out of the five shafts I purchase 1 was good out of this batch :/ I was just going to let it slide by, but now I'm going to call Horizon first thing tmrw to let them know. Hope they take care of me on the defective tail shaft issue

Tail boom also got damage. A little CA and some flat carbon fiber sticks fixed it right up and looks good as new haha

Anyways besides the crash my new LYNX main hub came in. Can't wait to instal it
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3860[1].jpg
Views:	336
Size:	86.4 KB
ID:	350447  
Old 09-19-2012, 07:32 PM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yesterday i put a RKH pitch slider on and KBDD tail blades!! Test flew this morning (my first flight with a 130X) and this thing is sweeet!! No resonance on spool up (check my sig for the mods) and no tail wag!! Just did a quick 1 min hover and circles in my back yard before work. This thing is awesome. I hope i can get some real flights in tonight!
Old 09-19-2012, 07:47 PM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdawgs56 View Post
Yesterday i put a RKH pitch slider on and KBDD tail blades!! Test flew this morning (my first flight with a 130X) and this thing is sweeet!! No resonance on spool up (check my sig for the mods) and no tail wag!! Just did a quick 1 min hover and circles in my back yard before work. This thing is awesome. I hope i can get some real flights in tonight!
Glad it got a hover in your going to love it, if not I will trade ya MCPX for it lol.
BTW what is this 300x supports i keep hearing about?

Epoweredrc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-19-2012, 07:57 PM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Mine threw a tail blade yesterday. Bearing came apart. Very frustrating. Luckily I have some spares so should be flying but unfortunately I lost my yellow blade so it is back to the black stock blades.
IanWhitehead65 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in