Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 550 Class Electric Helicopters

550 Class Electric Helicopters 550 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2010, 12:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Why Trex 550e but not 600e?

i only fly trex 450 so i'm asking this question. might consider a 550e in the future.

is it true that 550e is a better heli to fly at 6s?
could use 6s 4400mah for great flight? i own 450 heli so i got packs of 2200mah.

550e is designed to be efficient for 6s?
lyclyc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2010, 12:18 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

to get 6s from 2 of your 3s packs ud have to wire them in series...which would still only net you 2200mah capacity....so that wont work
Old 05-09-2010, 02:48 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

A 600 can fly on 6s just fine if you set it up right.

Both heli's will fly with big 6S packs so you cant use your 450 battery's. If its better i dont know but its a newer design.

The 600 is still a little bit bigger. But i think the 550 will be lighter for its size and have more power out of the box. Its also the question if it will swing 550's stock. Or will they put smaller blades in the box.
Astennu is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2010, 12:07 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astennu View Post
A 600 can fly on 6s just fine if you set it up right.

Both heli's will fly with big 6S packs so you cant use your 450 battery's. If its better i dont know but its a newer design.

The 600 is still a little bit bigger. But i think the 550 will be lighter for its size and have more power out of the box. Its also the question if it will swing 550's stock. Or will they put smaller blades in the box.
Looks like 520's in the box from what I have seen. Not 100% but thats what it is listing on the specs I have found. Thats on both the 3G kit and standard kit.

Youtube
AzHeliCrasher is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2010, 08:05 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyclyc View Post
i only fly trex 450 so i'm asking this question. might consider a 550e in the future.

is it true that 550e is a better heli to fly at 6s?
could use 6s 4400mah for great flight? i own 450 heli so i got packs of 2200mah.

550e is designed to be efficient for 6s?
550E is the right choice.... if you worried about the batteries price, check out the Hongkong's batteries line-up (http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbycity/store), they are VERY cheap with a good performance....
Old 05-13-2010, 04:29 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have owned the 600esp for a long time and ran it on 6 cell 5000mah packs. Very nice bird and smooth flight. For extreme flying, 6 cells was not enough but for sport and mild 3d flying it would be perfect.

As far as the 550 is concerned, it should be ballistic on 6 cells. Imagine running a nascar engine in a go-cart.....get the picture???
Old 05-13-2010, 04:59 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I had recently sold my Outrage E550 to pick up my current 600Esp. I have 1 600Nsp and wanted to limit my parts inventory. The 550 flew really,,really well on 6s 5000 25/35 c batterys. About 1 to 2 minutes longer than with my 600Esp, and a bit more power. There is quite a substantial size difference between the 550 blades and the 600 blades. Width and length.
I finding out that my 600Esp doesn't have the kahuna's that I like it to have when doing 3d flight. Tic tocs and flips bog the motor with my 6s packs.
Will be upgrading to 12s soon -
I think the Rex 550 will be a really good bird flying stock or upgraded with more cells.
Futaba 8FG - Bls251 - 8900G
UfcGuy39 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in