Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 250 Class Electric Helicopters

250 Class Electric Helicopters 250 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2015, 11:30 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Gain to high in pitch up and too low to hold tail properly

Any one have any ideas.. trex 250 plus dfc
I can't get my tail gain in the tx right! It's on 26 in my dx7 and the tail just doesn't hold well enough in a hover.Any higher than that and i get violent wag on a pitch up! So not high enough for a solid tail and slight wag on pitch up but bearable. Have had nothing but issues with this 250 (several things) and this is just the latest.. So annoying..
I've done the extra tail holder bearings and am using ar7200bx and the kbdd tail blades. Have tried the parameter d at very low and the tail held well with 30% from the tx but had the wag on a pitch up.. Waiting for new landing skids and a servo arm at the moment
Any help would be appreciated..
justjustin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2015, 01:13 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

For the 250 you need a combination of some careful tinkering on the mechanics, and a good FBL. You can get it flying well, but it does sometimes need some persistence.

On the mechanical side, you need it to be smooth, with a very fast tail servo. The best results tend to be with servos like the DS76t or DS95i with under 0.04s speeds.

On my Vortex after I tune the gain I end up adding a lot of collective to tail pre-comp, it really helps the tail hold in sudden moves.

Also, with lower headspeed you have less torque on the tail, do you know what headspeed you are running?
myxiplx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2015, 07:03 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hi Thanks for the reply. I'm on 85% normal and 90% IU1 . The tail is the same in both..Running everything stock apart from bx and tail blades..
I shall have a look at changing the servo once I've eliminiated a few other things. Not had chance to fly again yet but have loosened the blade grip linkage arms a little even though there didn't feel as there was any binding and shal goo through the mechanical side again..
Old 12-06-2015, 04:07 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

So, the tail isn't binding at all. Would i be right in wondering to change the size of the tail blades up from 40mm and keeping the gain similar would keep the tail steady in hover, bigger blades better holding? ( forward flight is a bit out of the question at the moment)
What would be the possible cause of the gain being too high when putting the heli under stress yet not enough to keep the tail steady in a hover? Have the pitch slider centered on the tail shaft( i couldn't set the tail up in rate mode without it being only a few mm away from the tail case to hold without drift!)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in