Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > CJY Total-G FBL System

CJY Total-G FBL System Curtis Youngblood Total-G FBL Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2012, 10:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Total G setup

Ok setting up a Total G on my whiplash gasser. This is the 5 th total g I have. 2 currently on gasses and 2 on nitro machines. I used to have a friend of mine set them up, but now I've moved about 4 hours away and need to learn how on my own now.

When i'am in the menu on FC side to set collective direction and I hover over the box I don't get anything in box saying positive or negative pitch. I hooked my other heli's with Total G's in them and they say positive and negative in box when you hover over them.. Has anyone had this problem or should I not worry about it..

I went to try and hover it today and I got spooled up and the thing tipped on its nose. Not sure what's going on with this setup.. I have my FC on 65.. This Is my first attempt setting one up on my own.. I have 0 pitch at 1500 in menu.. And my gyros are moving in rite direction when I do the tilt test. I need some help..
ttaylor is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2012, 12:12 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'd watch the set up vids if I were you and follow along with the most current manual. there are one or two revisions. when you hover over the.collective box, you need to set your tx to positive/negative ect and then click the corresponding value in the software.

Stuff for sale
CF_Machete is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-06-2012, 12:43 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ive watched all the videos on setup. Mine has the DSMX upgrade on it. My collective box just turns yellow without any text in it when I hover over with positive or negative. Guess I'm going to send it back to CYE for a checkup. May just get a AR7200bX to try out.
ttaylor is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2012, 01:58 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Had that happen to me as well had to install previous version of the software then i could see + and - pitch in the box.
Then though i couldn't see the tx type on the box, but all else looked fine.. very weird, flies fine though just working on getting the tail dialed in..
Was thinking my software was corrupt was going to uninstall and reinstall it ,

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
Trex 500 ESP(DFC) Ikon, Radix] [Goblin 700 CompBK, 4525, Ikon, Helix 695 ] [Rave ENV Nitro O.S 105-R,Ikon,Cyclone] Rave ENV Electric]Scorpion 4525,Ikon, Outrage, SAB [Goblin 500] Ikon Rails 516 ]Blade 180 CFX]Goblin 570 12S Xnova
Blade120 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2012, 07:01 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Guys new firmware you have to go in to the GView portion of the software and set the pitch. This parameter is under the flight control part of the Gview I think it's like it up number 14 from the beginning. Make sure that you have to stick on + pitch Hit the plus button That will set Positive pitch You will only be able to see this in the GView software When you go back to the normal software that section still remains blank.

Tommy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tommy Wagner is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2012, 08:52 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Like Tommy has said this is for firmware Fc11_3c7.

Here is the addendum that was included with it:

General Setup notes:

It is important to CG the machine on the main shaft. It is also important to mechanically trim the machine in a hover in completely calm conditions. In calm conditions with the flight control turned off you want to adjust the swashplate pushrods so the helicopter does not move on aileron or elevator. If the machine is off on CG significantly or the mechanical trim is off the pirouette compensation and collective to elevator compensation will not work optimally.

Item 25 “SetPosColl”: Accessing the Positive Collective set on flight control firmware 3c7

These notes help you set the “Collective Direction” parameter that now does not show up in the main interface. The parameter is now slightly different. The name is “SetPosColl”. Make sure you have gone through all the rest of the basic total G setup and then do this setting last. See detailed notes below.

Start with the radio and total G on. And the total G initialized. Plug either the Gview 2 into the flight control side of the Total G. Or the interface hooked up and “connected” to the total G and using the “G-view” section of the interface.

Push the “+” button on the G-view to enter the “+” menus. The list of available sections in the plus menu is below. You want to hit the scroll button until you come to “Flight Control”. Once on” flight control” hit the “E” button to enter. Then scroll to the 25th parameter “SetPosColl”. Raise your collective stick to full positive collective and hit the “+” button to set it. Now you can turn off your radio and transmitter.

The rest of the settings in the total G can be setup like normal.

“+” Menus
Servo Neutrals
Servo Travels
ccpm Parameters
Flite Control
Input Pulse Width
Roll Axis Stops
Roll Gyro Gains
Flip Axis Stops
Flip Gyro Gains
Spek1 Miss Throttle
Aux Chan
E Exit Menu P Continue (scroll to here and hit E to exit menu)
mystar60 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in