Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mSR X

mSR X Blade Micro SRX Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2012, 12:51 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talesin View Post
Well, AS3X is more of just a brand name for the base code it seems, and appears to have been primarily written with CP in mind; I wouldn't be surprised if the mSRX adaptation was a bit of a slapdash given that they had to cut out a majority of the internal mixing to make it work with fixed pitch at all; even with the mQX they effectively have collective, just distributed across the rotors.

I'm beginning to suspect that I may just have a 'bad one' though.
I think you have pretty much hit the nail on the head for the most part as far as the problem with this bird. But maybe yours is just a little bit worse then ours. They maybe some out there are are better and some that are worse. Don't understand why that would happen, but it could be the case.
But I did spend a lot of time adjusting and playing with the mixes to finally get mine it to fly the way it flies now. I almost got frustrated to the point of giving up one time myself !
A beginner just starting out on this heli, would have a terrible time trying to figure out how to get it to fly the way it can.

Old 06-13-2012, 03:58 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRHS View Post
I think you have pretty much hit the nail on the head for the most part as far as the problem with this bird. But maybe yours is just a little bit worse then ours. They maybe some out there are are better and some that are worse. Don't understand why that would happen, but it could be the case.
But I did spend a lot of time adjusting and playing with the mixes to finally get mine it to fly the way it flies now. I almost got frustrated to the point of giving up one time myself !
A beginner just starting out on this heli, would have a terrible time trying to figure out how to get it to fly the way it can.
BigRHS, yea but look at all you've learned in the process. Priceless....
ronj is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-13-2012, 05:45 PM   #43 (permalink)
formerly koi-fish

++1........
/ 180cfx, 300x, X3,X4-II, Protos 380, Chase 360, x5, Logo 480, Gob 380, Gob 500, Gob 570, Warp 360, 450x, forza 450/450ex, T-Rex 600 Dom, Logo 600, DX9, 1973 Ford f100, Traxxas Summit/Bronco/Bandit/X-Maxx

"Everyone wanted his soul, all he gave them was a smile" - Steve Marriott
Diogenes is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-13-2012, 06:29 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah, I feel like I have to tweak things on the MSRX more than I would something like the MCX2 (maybe not?) and am happy to have this as my first bird. Granted I crashed a lot when I first got it (no, really...A LOT), but what I've learned by first not giving up and second being willing to accept my insecurities and unknowns as a pilot. In the end, I know that I can carry this forward to my next heli which will VERY likely be an MCPX.
lespaulrob is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-13-2012, 08:03 PM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronj View Post
BigRHS, yea but look at all you've learned in the process. Priceless....
Aman.........that's why I love it sooo much now ! I would go through all the time and effort again knowing what I know now and how much it helped !
I learned how to do the mixes in my DX6i and what they do, and better control of the cyclic and collective and a much better understanding of how each one controls the helicopter........so yea, it has been worth it and now I love both of my MSRX's and would never part with them.............well, ok...........maybe I got a little carried away, for the right price I would part with them.....LOL !
But it was a little frustrating at the beginning though.
Old 06-14-2012, 10:28 AM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

What's a good place to go to learn about the DX6i and the different mixes. I'm guessing reading the manual wouldn't hurt as a start. Any other good sources?

PM me for your soldering and mSR X BL build needs.
burnoutboy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-14-2012, 11:20 AM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnoutboy View Post
What's a good place to go to learn about the DX6i and the different mixes. I'm guessing reading the manual wouldn't hurt as a start. Any other good sources?
The folks over at RC-help.com have a great set of videos
DX6i Phoenix 4.0
stiletto01 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-14-2012, 01:08 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnoutboy View Post
Here is a good forum to do some reading and learning about the DX6i and Spektrum Radio's in general. I have learned a few things there.

https://www.helifreak.com/forumdisplay.php?f=101

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in