Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters > CB100

CB100 Walkera CB100 Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2011, 12:01 AM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

I cut my CF rods on the balcony today on the 17th floor in upper east side manhattan with the mask on and goggles on and a vice grip on the balcony table. Was quite an odd site for the other buildings im sure.

My CB now has the 2.9g and the HP05s and a solid carbon boom and the clubheli struts and the extreme landing gear. Damnit I've run out of things to do to it and it flies perfect. I always feared this moment. At least my V100 has yet to be brought up to spec.

I can see now why the 2.9g and HP05 are a 'good match'. The whole flight envelope seems more natural and its as if the technology level jumped to a super stable and controllable level.

I guess I can still try the MIA flybar weights and main shaft collar to feed my heli enhancement addiction.
Advertisement

Old 04-27-2011, 12:14 AM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey Hamish, adding flybar weights, will only make the heli sluggish.(more than the cb100 already is!)
Old 04-27-2011, 02:18 AM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by john aeras View Post
Hey Hamish, adding flybar weights, will only make the heli sluggish.(more than the cb100 already is!)
oh you're right, it says for increased stability....don't need that, i was thinking that there were less weight for a bit more performance.
Old 04-27-2011, 04:42 AM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

Have you experimented with the mixing arm ball positions?

Moving the ball to the inner hole will increase stablisation (flybar ratio INCREASES) - The CB100 will be less responsive.

Moving the ball to the outer hole will decrease stablisation (flybar ratio DECREASES) - The CB100 will be more responsive.
Frank_fjs is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-27-2011, 08:41 AM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 2.9g and the HP05s motors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamish.NYC View Post
I cut my CF rods on the balcony today on the 17th floor in upper east side manhattan with the mask on and goggles on and a vice grip on the balcony table. Was quite an odd site for the other buildings im sure.

My CB now has the 2.9g and the HP05s and a solid carbon boom and the clubheli struts and the extreme landing gear. Damnit I've run out of things to do to it and it flies perfect. I always feared this moment. At least my V100 has yet to be brought up to spec.

I can see now why the 2.9g and HP05 are a 'good match'. The whole flight envelope seems more natural and its as if the technology level jumped to a super stable and controllable level.

I guess I can still try the MIA flybar weights and main shaft collar to feed my heli enhancement addiction.
Hamish,

I am glad to read you are pleased with the upgrades you did. Can you tell me where did you buy the 2.9g and the HP05 motors?

Thank you
Old 04-27-2011, 10:25 AM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by arquitron View Post
Hamish,

I am glad to read you are pleased with the upgrades you did. Can you tell me where did you buy the 2.9g and the HP05 motors?

Thank you
Wow hobbies or Chinese jade !
Old 04-27-2011, 06:18 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_fjs View Post
Have you experimented with the mixing arm ball positions?

Moving the ball to the inner hole will increase stablisation (flybar ratio INCREASES) - The CB100 will be less responsive.

Moving the ball to the outer hole will decrease stablisation (flybar ratio DECREASES) - The CB100 will be more responsive.
I'll try that out. I think I just leveled in my pilots skill since my CB has been perfect. I just had the most thrilling flight.

Quote:
Hamish,

For the tail you will want this (and make sure you dont have an old tail ESC)
http://www.wowhobbies.com/tailholder...1-1-1-2-3.aspx

For the main motor you want this
http://www.wowhobbies.com/turboace81...ra4g6-2-1.aspx

and this heat shrink for the tail joins along with some assorted sizes from radio shack
http://www.wowhobbies.com/heatshrinktubing.aspx

I also used this helping hand
http://www.wowhobbies.com/utp-sku102...hledlight.aspx

and this screwdriver which is now my favorite
http://www.wowhobbies.com/phillipscr...rdenedtip.aspx
Old 04-28-2011, 10:45 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Nice which motor do you like the most? I'm going to upgrade mine with a new main motor but not certain about soldering to the ESC so I'm more tempted toward the 14000kv

Hamish,

When you installed the xtreme landing gear, what kind of mod did you do yo the canopy to make it fit? I just installed the new landing gears on my new CB100 and ran into this issue. Can you take a pics at the point where the canopy meets the landing gear?

Thx

Thank you,
Old 04-29-2011, 12:13 AM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Hamish,

When you installed the xtreme landing gear, what kind of mod did you do yo the canopy to make it fit? I just installed the new landing gears on my new CB100 and ran into this issue. Can you take a pics at the point where the canopy meets the landing gear?

Thx

Thank you,
No mod at all. The canopy goes on in seconds you just have to have faith that it will.

I'll take a pic if you still have troubles.
Old 04-29-2011, 12:02 PM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
No mod at all. The canopy goes on in seconds you just have to have faith that it will.

I'll take a pic if you still have troubles.
Pics are welcome anyway. I just don't want to break the canopy trying to make it fit. Thx.
Old 04-30-2011, 05:31 PM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default xtreme blades

I'm new to the fp helis and this website I'm just wondering if I buy the xteme blades do I need to buy the blade holder for them as well or does the stock blade holder support them
nave88 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-2011, 03:00 AM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Hamish,

Thx

Thank you,
Hehe, I destroy one at least every 2 weeks. Here I put a new one on and took photos for you:

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	LG1.jpg
Views:	406
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	225219   Click image for larger version

Name:	LG2.jpg
Views:	411
Size:	44.3 KB
ID:	225220  
Old 05-01-2011, 11:42 AM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by nave88 View Post
I'm new to the fp helis and this website I'm just wondering if I buy the xteme blades do I need to buy the blade holder for them as well or does the stock blade holder support them
Just the blades... no need for the holders.
Old 05-02-2011, 01:57 AM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

How exactly does the extreme landing skid go on. I look at my cb and the only thing I can think of would be a ca on the inside of my battery holder. Something tells me I'm wrong cause if it comes down a bit hard the skid will POP of like nothing was even there

Excuse my typing I'm using my andriod..... no computer. This is an awesome forum guys I like it
Old 05-02-2011, 08:56 AM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
How exactly does the extreme landing skid go on. I look at my cb and the only thing I can think of would be a ca on the inside of my battery holder. Something tells me I'm wrong cause if it comes down a bit hard the skid will POP of like nothing was even there

Excuse my typing I'm using my andriod..... no computer. This is an awesome forum guys I like it
You have to use the screws, that came with the skids and fasten them on.
Old 05-02-2011, 09:10 AM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Extreme Landing Skids Installation

Quote:

nave88,

When I bought the extreme landing skids from Clubheli, the kit came with pretty straight forward instructions including illustrations, so go ahead, order and just follow the instructions.

Good luck!
Old 05-02-2011, 09:11 AM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well. I guess I'll have to stock up on canopies...
Old 05-02-2011, 09:56 AM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks guys
Old 05-06-2011, 03:35 AM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm thinking about getting the HP05 and 2.9 upgrades for my cb what I'm wondering and haven't been able to figure out is if its necessary to upgrade the ESC for both motors or do the stock ones work.
Old 05-16-2011, 11:10 AM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

unless your cb100 is from last year than the stock one is ok. The ealier cb100s has a different tail esc which is why the wow sales copy suggests getting one.

Ill take some pics of my soldering of the hp05 to the main esc for you.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in