Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 500 Class Electric Helicopters

500 Class Electric Helicopters 500 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2010, 02:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Flying-Hobby trex500esp kits

Does anybody understand why flying hobby has two combo kits listed and the one with extra goodies included is 70.00 cheaper? The light combo includes all servo's 780 gyro two batteries. Everything but receiver. This was the kit I purchased a while back. Now they list a superior combo also with same goodies but no batteries for $70.00 more??? I'm not sure if I'm missing something or maybe when the light combo's run out they won't offer it anymore. I'm thinking about buying another kit but wondering if there is some other upgrades on superior combo that I'm not seeing.

Mark...
markb50 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2010, 02:21 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

The more expensive one is probably a newer version. Which combo are you talking about? I looked on the site and there're a bunch of them.
domp444 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2010, 02:47 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Flying hobby always lists multiple prices for same items - I think all their kits are latest versions (they state the kit ref so you can check) you need to be careful to get the best deal, often their free shipping price is more than their best price plus the postage ! Still, worth it as the best price is great.

Look now and 450 sport super combo is $435 with 'free postage' but only $359 without postage - which would work out about $409 posted - a better deal !

I'd search '500 ESP' to check all the combinations and work out which is cheapest (be careful their search has gone weird since the website facelift - searching 500 combo gets no matches but 500 esp shows loads of 500 esp combo results), also they regularly do 24hr discount which can be even better deals.

Also make sure you are logged in when checking - as I sometimes get a better price when logged in !
jamesb72 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2010, 07:00 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default T-Rex 500esp

Was it cheaper than this one.??? { free shipping } Newest kit with everything . well no receiver and batteries but it is the Superior Combo. Free shipping too. http://www.performanceplusrc.com/ser...500-ESP/Detail
Old 05-15-2010, 03:27 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Performance RC have the 500 ESP superior combo for $609 shipped, flying hobby is $525 shipped for the super combo (no gyro/tail servo) or $550 plus shipping for superior combo.

If I lived in the US I would go with performance RC in a heartbeat - even if it was up to $50 more, I'd pay the extra for customer service/warranty advantage of US seller - if heli turns up from hong kong with a dead ESC or motor, you would have to swallow it, whereas buying 'locally' you could get it replaced with no hassle.

Last edited by jamesb72; 05-16-2010 at 10:29 AM..
jamesb72 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-16-2010, 08:27 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Yes, $588.00 plus you get 2 2200 3cell batteries with it
markb50 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-16-2010, 11:06 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesb72 View Post
Performance RC have the 500 ESP superior combo for $609 shipped, flying hobby is $525 shipped for the super combo (no gyro/tail servo) or $550 plus shipping for superior combo.

If I lived in the US I would go with performance RC in a heartbeat - even if it was up to $50 more, I'd pay the extra for customer service/warranty advantage of US seller - if heli turns up from hong kong with a dead ESC or motor, you would have to swallow it, whereas buying 'locally' you could get it replaced with no hassle.
Thats how I looked at it. It's hard to beat Kirks deal and service . If you buy form over seas I hope you dont have any problems with ESC/ Gyro's. Servos or missed parts in your Box.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in