Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Futaba Radios and Electronics > Futaba CGY750 FBL System

Futaba CGY750 FBL System Futaba CGY750 Help and features Support Forum

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2012, 09:19 AM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Now the Vbar has put out a new sensor with the same chips as the cgy, the last unique selling point of "vibe-resistance" is gone. I hope futaba realize the seriousness of the situation, theres no stopping for customers going to Vbars other that the cgy sells cheaper.

Also the Cgy asks you to have a sbus receiver, already selling at premium.

Hurry up futaba, I buy everything futaba long time, but this time, I'm scraching my head too.
BlackWatch88 is offline        Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2012, 12:06 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWatch88 View Post
Now the Vbar has put out a new sensor with the same chips as the cgy, the last unique selling point of "vibe-resistance" is gone. I hope futaba realize the seriousness of the situation, theres no stopping for customers going to Vbars other that the cgy sells cheaper.

Also the Cgy asks you to have a sbus receiver, already selling at premium.

Hurry up futaba, I buy everything futaba long time, but this time, I'm scraching my head too.
it still has a good nitro governor.
Lynx
el guapo is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2012, 10:18 PM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Is it? Had a multigov before and I can say that's a good nitro governer..

Vbar has nitro governer too, don;t know if its good thou..

And compare to the sales ratio of nitro vs electric. Drives the good nitro governer argument less valid too for making more sales of cgy and the accompyning sbus recievers.

And i love nitros.

Common Futaba~

This is supposed to be the flagship product that captures the flybarless crowd. with the new sbus and all other flashy stuff
Old 05-18-2012, 10:34 AM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you are having big drift issues i would suggest trying my trim setup.
You will need to reset the swash menu to so though. be sure to copy your expert and std settings down for swash , ail, elev before doing so though. You can renter all of them after.
You will also need to be sure your links are all identical. use a micrometer with ball link adapters. The more precise the links the less chance for drift. i also suggest using a bubble swash leveler. If you can get your heli level..then the bubble swash level will work excellent and may result in no drift on the first flight! (assuming weight balance is good)

i personally think the standard trim method was designed with good intention but is very flawed. I much rather my trim be tied to my cgy750 instead to my radio. When The cgy750 memorizes the neutral point the assumption becomes the radio input will be always the same..my experience with the 8fg has shown me this isn't possible since it can require frequent calibration depending on condition. I would assume that recalibrations have potential to affect the previously set trim flight. this is why i think many have mixed results with trim flights and why my method works for me.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2
Old 05-18-2012, 10:42 AM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Joe,

By "condition" do you mean flight condition or something more environmental? Have you seen the 8FG calibration drift over time/temp etc?

Steve
Blackout 330/OpenPilot Revo with FatShark 600mW VTX, Futaba 8FG 2.4GHz
Steve Evans is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2012, 11:28 AM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Evans View Post
Hi Joe,

By "condition" do you mean flight condition or something more environmental? Have you seen the 8FG calibration drift over time/temp etc?

Steve
I have seen and read of 8fg calibration drifting over time. Futaba added the calibration menu last year for this reason. It is not uncommon at all from what I have seen. This is why i think results vary. i had 2 8fgs...the first would drift every couple months the 2nd has been good for over a year. it all depends on age condition etc.
Old 05-21-2012, 07:21 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by darryl123 View Post
anybody hear when the next software is comming out. 1.2 really makes this unit worthless i went back to 1.1 and its much better the shakes went away and the heli doesnt drift all over anymore but they need to fix the last update.
Darryl,

I am experiencing similar problems (wobble & drift) to others on the thread using the 750 v1.2. I read your post (above) stating you went back v1.1. How did you accomplish this?

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Stuart
stuhig is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2012, 07:42 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

Anyone?

Last edited by stuhig; 05-22-2012 at 08:29 AM..
stuhig is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2012, 07:10 PM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

You need the futaba USB interface ( CUI2 ) . This will allow you to d/l the 1.1 software and install/downgrade your firmware.
360Wings is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 05-28-2012, 05:01 PM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi, I had a lot of wobble on my new velocity and i'm using a cgy for the first time. I have changed the i and d gains to whats been suggested here and its now flying very well. What I wanted to ask is with the i and d gains, is it suggested to change them to 60 and 40 on both ail and elv? I now have a lot of bounch back on the elv so i'm wondering if I should have just changed the ail side to stop the wobble.
Also what is and what does the i and d gain do? and why is it such a big change to make on the d gain from 200 to 40?
flyboydave is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 05-29-2012, 08:13 AM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I only changed the aileron and that did the trick for me.
Old 05-29-2012, 08:36 AM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

According to Dr.Bens tropic on RR:
AIL woobling can/might solved by lowering the Ail. D.gain.
Ele Bounce can/might be solved by increasing the ELE Stop Delay.

http://rc.runryder.com/helicopter/t672354p1/
See the first tropic

Last edited by Knud Pedersen DENMARK; 06-04-2012 at 03:16 PM.. Reason: typo
Knud Pedersen DENMARK is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 06-04-2012, 06:16 PM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

Any idea when Futaba is going to fix the firmware? Is anyone beta testing the next update?
RC Mike is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 06-04-2012, 07:40 PM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Mike View Post
Any idea when Futaba is going to fix the firmware? Is anyone beta testing the next update?
I guess I am thick as a brick because I do not know what you think needs to be "fixed". Beyond that I have no clue when the next update may come out.
Old 06-05-2012, 12:03 AM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

For exmaple the tail going left on stationary flips

Dr.Ben confirmed with me personally that its an known issue.

And you don't know about it?
Old 06-05-2012, 12:42 AM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

My 550 does not do that, so no, I am not aware of it.
Old 06-05-2012, 03:54 AM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

I don't think I've seen that either, but given my experiences with StpBoost causing a tail shimmy during such flips, there does appear to be some unwanted tail interactions here.

Steve
Blackout 330/OpenPilot Revo with FatShark 600mW VTX, Futaba 8FG 2.4GHz
Steve Evans is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 06-09-2012, 06:12 AM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah it is an issue. On my Trex 550 I kept on changing tail settings, until I found out that in fact is appears to be an "aileron" thing. It is especially noticeable with (violent) rainbows or tic-tocs. You see the head button makes this sudden twist to the left, and thus it appears that the tail drifts. I even compensate now with my thumbs for this movement! When you crank up the aileron gain, it gets worse. I haven't changed D-gain or I-gain yet, some say that helps. Otherwise the heli flies perfect, locked in.

Cheers, Jan
Dutchdontdance is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 06-16-2012, 10:39 PM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

I love my CGY750's but its taken Futaba much too long to fix the problems in v1.2. I have to admit that my vbar and BeastX have seen significant improvements since CGY750 v1.1 and v1.2 firmwares were released. The edge that i felt the CGY750 had on the vbar has really shrunk now...even more so with the release of the silver line. I expected a quick turn around since the problems in v1.2 were quite widely seen...but instead its starting to look like Futaba forgot. I've been a big supporter of the CGY750 since day 1 but its been a year and it still takes hours of setup to get the heli to not drift.....
Old 06-18-2012, 04:33 PM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe1l View Post
I love my CGY750's but its taken Futaba much too long to fix the problems in v1.2. I have to admit that my vbar and BeastX have seen significant improvements since CGY750 v1.1 and v1.2 firmwares were released. The edge that i felt the CGY750 had on the vbar has really shrunk now...even more so with the release of the silver line. I expected a quick turn around since the problems in v1.2 were quite widely seen...but instead its starting to look like Futaba forgot. I've been a big supporter of the CGY750 since day 1 but its been a year and it still takes hours of setup to get the heli to not drift.....
Considering how long it's taking makes me suspect there's more than a firmware update coming. I have absolutely no data to support my suspicion other than they've been very quiet which makes me suspect.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in