Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mCP X

mCP X Blade Micro CPx Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2013, 03:08 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just purchased a set on e-bay. Hope they last longer(with my horrible flying ) than the stock ones do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-03-2013, 06:15 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default KBDD Landing Gear

They didn't for me, airtime skids are the way to go!
IamProStreet is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-2013, 12:54 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

LHS was out of stock so tried the KBDD, though looked a thicker and cost more only got a couple hard landings before broke. Ordered the Airtime a couple of months ago and gear is amazing. Maybe blender might be pushing it but believe they could handle a SUV.
Old 09-08-2013, 01:03 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ordered a skid form dude on ebay.. They shipped out like three days later and the guy gave me some BS story about family funeral, and whatever.. sorry he said.. Ok, no biggie.

A couple weeks later I ordered another skid form the same ebay seller, a couple days later he gave same exact story, LOL.. Family member died, funeral, trip, etc.. and couldn't ship out on time.. So this time he says please take a second skid for free, is this ok? I rely on good feedback. I said fine, I was in no hurry anyways.

He was selling them for $6.95 free shipping.

So now I have three, but they all got shipped out a few days late, LOL. I like them, they seem tough to me, but I fly over grass and some gravel, so it's all relative. I have never broken a skid actually, even stock ones.

They look good though!

Just so you don't think I'm BS'ing..

I thought this was really funny.

It was cool of the dude to give me a free one as an apology for late shipping, but the fake story both times was too much, hehe..
BWX_ is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-08-2013, 11:10 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've found the KBDD skids to be much more durable than stock. Not unbreakable, but I abused mine pretty well (learning inverted ) and only recently broke the skids after a few months and dozens of "forced landings." I believe it was the V1 version (had to file down the mounting pegs), and just bought a replacement that is a V2 (pegs fit out of the bag). Hope it is equally durable.
Old 09-13-2013, 08:07 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Got my mcpx about 4 weeks ago and swapped out the stock LG with KBDD from day 1.

Noticed that the front mounting peg broke off last night (just hours after I had placed an online order for other stuff ).... Working on mostly hovering... 60% in my backyard, 40% in the house.... I have had more than my share of hard smacks against railings, walls, etc.

Trying to figure out a way to glue it back together, Tried a dab of hot glue for now. Never really have luck with CA and landing gear.

Peter
mcx_crasher is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2013, 10:25 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

epoxy or a safety wire job may work for a bit but better get some airtimes coming.
Stubbz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2013, 10:32 AM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

I keep reading all the issues with skids. I've been using the Xtreme pipe skids on both mine for over a year. They've seen some nasty crashes early on and even been completely ejected from the frame yet both have never been damaged at all. I've heard the Aitimes are good and agree yet I've found no reason to change since I've had no issues. I like the looks of the pipe skids too.
Old 09-13-2013, 10:38 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

I had on early set of KBDD's that broke after I caught a skid in the grass in FFF.

I have two sets of the later versions (V2's), that have been crashed many, many times each-they are still in good shape.
Old 09-16-2013, 10:12 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

For my two cents - I've got a set of KBDD on my v2, and I like the look, the brightness, etc, but with less than ten flights on them, something (probably my unplanned high-speed landings) broke the battery holder. The skids are still fine, and I found a way to cobble them so they'll still hold a battery. I think they've been proving to me that they're good skids despite this, because I've been waiting for them to fail to an un-usable condition with a pair of AirTimes on my desk for almost a year.

KBDD = good skids, allowing bright custom looks. They last longer when not crashed often like most brands.

Airtime = GREAT skids, can be made brighter with a little heat shrink applied carefully BEFORE and during the assembly of the skids. Crash, straighten, repeat.
jcmo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2013, 11:26 AM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Count me in as a lucky one. V1 MCPX, mild brushless, replaced lots of parts (frame, tail, blades, boom, etc)... but still on the original skids.
Stickey is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-23-2015, 03:42 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by soniccj7 View Post
Just purchased a set on e-bay. Hope they last longer(with my horrible flying ) than the stock ones do.

After a hard crash on pavement it broke one of the spindles off inside my frame. My frame was also broke along with the canopy.

If not for that very hard crash they would still be fine. Ordered another set.
Old 07-27-2015, 11:23 AM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I have found that the KBDD landing gear only retains its flexibility above 6c. When I tried the KBDD landing gear in December 2013 they would not last as long as the stock landing gear due to the cold climate. It just becomes brittle plastic at that point.
Old 08-01-2015, 11:50 AM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

My KBDD skids broke somehow :/ I'm not sure whether I should get airtime skids. I can't even find airtime skids anywhere, just an email address, though.

Last edited by JohnCC; 08-01-2015 at 12:55 PM..
JohnCC is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in