Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 500 Class Electric Helicopters

500 Class Electric Helicopters 500 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2015, 11:45 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default microbeast settings for trex500l

Hi folks

Any good advice for optimized microbeast settings on trex500l.

Poti settings?

Parameter menu point D?

Transmitter gyro settings (Spektrum Dx9) ?

Sven
lahannsven is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2015, 01:50 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I see that your post has been here for a couple of days now without a reply, so I'll chip in:

I've got MicroBeasts in my 500 and 550 helis (not 'L' version), and simply set them up step-by-step exactly in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions. I do 'scale' flying, so set them both to beginner mode, and haven't had to alter anything. So maybe you should just do that, and then post again for recommendations if it doesn't fly the way you like.
Abenn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-10-2015, 02:44 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hi Abenn,

I am using Microbeast for several years and setup works fine for my Trex450 Pro DFC.

The Trex500L Dominator is alittle more tricky. I am only puzzled about the fine tuning and the all known problem with tail wags.

So far I set my transmitter gyro to 35% (Dx9).

Parameter menu Microbeast, point D: low red flashing.

I probably can still higher a little the transmitter gyro.

The potis I set to:
Poti 1: 10 o'clock
Poti 2: 10 o'clock
Poti 3: 9 o'clock (default)

I am still testing and open to suggestions. In my opinion the new Trex500L has too much play in the rotorhead and linkages and I'm thinking about a rotorhead upgrade.

Alltogether the Align dominator series has lowered a little the quality in screws and small pieces. But alltogether Align is still good.

Sven
Old 08-12-2015, 03:11 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sven,

I can go through my settings where I'm at now after 1 yr. of flying a Trex 500 Pro DFC, but I think it depends on the pilot. As long as you aren't experiencing any bad flight behavior for your current skill set and follow the guide in the BeastX forum, you're going to have a stable flying heli right away.
Bluelunatic is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-13-2015, 01:58 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I think the tail parts smoothen over time. At the beginning all pieces are stiff and you fly with low gyro settings.

Meanwhile I changed parameter menu D to LED: "solid red" , average.

The transmitter gyro is still at 50%.

I enabled attitude control and it finally works. I chose LED: "solid purple", bail out with pitch control.

I have a standard receiver spektrum AR6210. For a long time attitude control did not work. So I would not fully rely on it. There may be cases, where the software just doesn't work. It is a 4.0 version and bugfixing will probably not be done before version 4.1

Sven

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in