Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters

450 Class Electric Helicopters 450 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2016, 10:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Troubling to put the canopy on.

I have hard a time to put the canopy on. The bolts don't go through the holes of the grommets. I tried to force the canopy and it cracked a little. I tried to cut it and made it worst. Tips?

Last edited by Mr._Torque; 01-31-2016 at 11:22 PM..
Mr._Torque is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2016, 11:20 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

What heli?

Depending on what it is you can drill new holes farther back for the grommets. So that you don't have to jam the canopy on so far.

Or trim the bottom of the canopy in such a way that you are able to shove the canopy on further. If that is the problem.

Whatever way makes more sense for your situation.
Old 01-31-2016, 11:25 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

I have a T-Rex sport 450. I tried cut it with a knife or scissor, and it keeps cracking the canopy.
Old 02-01-2016, 02:29 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ya they are a tight fit and brittle. The best thing to do is relocate the holes for the grommets farther back on the canopy so you don't have to force it on so far. Put the canopy on the heli where you think is a good spot that you won't have to be forcing it and mark where you need to drill.
Old 02-01-2016, 02:39 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

And no you can not cut it with knives or scissors. You are best to grind using a dremmal tool. Or sanding would work too.
Old 02-01-2016, 05:02 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Like Hexahydrate says, you can use a dremel with a stone or sanding attacment. This is what I do and it works great. I use the cone shaped stone attachment for making or enlarging the grommet holes.

Do the grommet holes line up with the posts? Sometimes, everything actually lines up, but the canopy holes are a little too small and constrict the opening in the grommet. Just throwing out something else to look at.

If it is an alignment issue and you can't get the canopy on all the way, then I would look for the item(s) that are obstructing it. Is the ESC in a bad spot? Is it the battery or battery wires? Maybe there is a different wire routing that will allow the canopy to fit without modification.
Oxy 2, Gaui X3 #1, Protos 380, Gaui X5, Synergy 766, Specter 700
Oxy 2/X3/Protos 380/X5/766/Specter 700 Consecutive Successful Flights (Current) = 32/16/12/145/7/50
Consecutive Successful Flights (Max) = 145
macdad is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2016, 08:49 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I had to make holes further back on my 450pro and sport. Makes it a heck of a lot easier for canopy install and removal.

A reamer is great for this. Some kits don't come with holes at all or you need to enlarge them so it's handy to have one.

http://www.amazon.com/Hobbypower-Exp...dy+hole+reamer

I don't have any pics handy of the 450's but I did the same with my 250 when I had it.

Old 02-02-2016, 05:28 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Off memory the manual was wrong for these - you need to put the underside of the canopy in the slot in the canopy holder - not right over it as the manual suggests.
EjectEjectEject is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in