Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 120 SR

120 SR Blade (eFlite) 120 SR Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2012, 11:26 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default slight spin

i have my heli almost hovering perfect or as perfect as its gonna get with the stock tx i guess. i trimmed out the spin all the way to the tx capability but it still wants to spin slighlty to the left, i can compensate for it pretty easy but would like it to not spin at all. any suggestions ?
deesman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2012, 08:55 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Hi

Do this and it will stop spinning. Your helicopter has dry bearings. The drag induced by dry bearings flopping around in the bearing races is more than the tail can handle.

Lubricate everything as in my post and centre the trims the tail will hold within a click or two.

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=407043
Imzzaudae is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2012, 10:02 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Thank you i will try this =)
Old 04-25-2012, 10:36 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by deesman View Post
i have my heli almost hovering perfect or as perfect as its gonna get with the stock tx i guess. i trimmed out the spin all the way to the tx capability but it still wants to spin slighlty to the left, i can compensate for it pretty easy but would like it to not spin at all. any suggestions ?
Sounds like the tail motor is going...try these two things.

Take the rotor blade by the blades and pinch them towards you.

Rebind the heli to the transmtter..

Let me know how this works.

Lots suggest lubing...I have had mine since they first came out and have never ever lubed it....not really needed.

USAF RETIRED 1968-1988 Vietnam Veteran
Pfloyd is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2012, 07:41 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My tail (Well, not actually mine, Its the heli's tail) started acting weird and making a strange noice after appr. 20 flights. A very small drop of very fine oil on the support-bearing and the output-shaft was all I needed.
I have about 80 outdoor flights logged now and the tail really has its work cut out in the wind.
Works like a charm
Still have my spare tail-motor unwrapped.
MatteJ is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2012, 09:41 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

my tail motor just started to make a strange noise too, i'll have to lube it and see how it goes.
i do have a complete spare boom and motor, but i want to see how long the original will last before a total failure.
kaiser01 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-27-2012, 08:54 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

ugh i think the tail motor was on its way out, here is what i did since i last posted. compete breakdown replaced carbon shaft with my new aluminum shaft couple drops of oil on the bearings a drop of oil in the swash plate bearing put everything back together and it was flying very stable but it was late at night and dark out.
today i got to fly for a lil bit and still saw the slight spin happening and i remembered someone said to try rebinding, well after i did the rebind is when things got bad. now when it lift off the ground it wants spin all around but if i let off the throttle it stops spinning for the most part but defiantly has a worse spin to it . so i guess what im asking is does this sound like the tail motor has gone out or is going out or am i looking at something worse ?
Old 04-28-2012, 11:33 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Hi again

Make sure the tail rotor is on the right way around X towards motor.
Make sure the tail rotor is not pushed right back and binding on the motor.
Check that the plug is all the way in the 3-1

If all else fails take an Xacto knife and remove the shrink wrap from the tail motor wires.
You may find a bad solder joint. Re solder. A little 5 minute epoxy or nail polish as a
shield.
Imzzaudae is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in