Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Thunder Tiger Electric Helis > Raptor G4/E720

Raptor G4/E720 Thunder Tiger Raptor G4/E720 Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2012, 02:04 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Poor manual e720 need some esc and motor wiring pics

I know I'll get it sorted but..

Building my e720 now and manual is piss poor in many ways lol.

If anyone has any pics on how they routed and mounted esc and motor wires it would give some light on my best options and would be greatly appreciated!!

I'll be using a jive 120 and a scorp yy 520 or a Quantam 4530-500 for this heli.

Many thx for any assistance!
Advertisement

Old 05-16-2012, 06:39 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have my ESC mounted under the tail case at the back. The 3 motor wires point towards the nose of the heli and travel along under the lower main shaft bearing block, counter bearing block and up to the motor. So the motor wire come out facing the nose and down inbetween the tail servo case and the pinion. I cable tie the motor wires to the edge of the frame and bearing blocks. More than enough room for packs and keeps all the wires out of site.

The battery wires from the esc then come out facing the tail and they are right there to connect to your packs. If you run a switch for your RX then you dont need to take the canopy off to get it going

Hope this helps
borntofly is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-16-2012, 09:10 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

mine is the same esc tiedown on platform under boom battery wires facing back, no switch but canopy stays on. When's the maiden Shawn? Watch out for the 5020 motor, although jive likes yy it doesn't like motors that has stator diameter more than twice the length, quantum may work better. Btw for other options my friend runs one of my 5020 yy handwinds in 1.6 mm. on his x7 with fusionhawk and vbar gov, works well.
Quantum has all the right genes except needs a single wire yy winding. Powercroco has done one you can see under rewinding subforum electric motors
Stolla is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-16-2012, 06:58 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

hopefully tomorrow friday at latest. Against all of what is likely right I am going to mount esc in front, just looks nicer and with way i can route things I think I'll still be able to leave canopy on. I opted for a quick uk tr boom mount as that little wire drove me nuts thinking of it and the uk kit is SLICK!!!

Ill update you fellas soon but I can say so far its looking really good and I pretty much havent cheaped out a single cent so it should be as good as it can get.
Old 05-17-2012, 12:03 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I would reconsider if I'm you because apart from the fact it's much easier to connect esc temps are way cooler when placed in clean air at back, you can actually move it quite far inwards without touching lipos, I've measured jlog temps more than 10 celsius lower compared to similar setups under canopy!
Old 05-17-2012, 12:36 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Remember very cool climate where I live so no problems there. What main gain you guys find to be best?

Tonight with Quantam 500 and 11toothI'm 80% with 2100rpm. Felt peppy but thinking may need 12 tooth to get my range. That or wait and try 710s at 2000 up to 2150 Rpm and get in 70s percentage of jive. Where your fab sweet spot?
Old 05-17-2012, 05:13 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Already maiden Shawn? Or have you try at bench?
Old 05-17-2012, 08:47 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I agree you will need 12 or most probably 13 with quantum , for now I'd say run lower speed higher pitch. With my yy rewind 535kv pyro I actually hit 100%pwm too often on 11t so I also have to go 12.
I think you will like the 690 blades more.
Jive you have to get in the 65-70% range. Little different for futaba. Are you using jr tx?
Im running gains lower than tdr bubble want to send you my file but only bank 0 was saved so will have to save each one individually.
Keep us updated!
Old 05-17-2012, 11:37 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hmm yes I think I will need to go up a pinion, not a biggie as have some. Yes I am using my futaba 8FG, and the 80% with 11 tooth on 500kv /2100 rpm is as with throttle curve calibrated endpoints as well for sure.

Stolla what was your reference to "different with Futaba meaning"? Perhaps I am missing something there in that respect.

One thing guys and this was good, all the tapping screws were in my kit, my boom supports were good etc, it seems they rectified all those small things from previous posts of small gripes so this is good, the kit went together perfect actually. I am still baffled at how small the ball links are though, NOT SO BEEFY for a 90 in that respect.

The weather was so so and was near dark last night on first try of the heli but wow very quiet and uneventfull I was very impressed with the first go at it.

I also found that in fact I need the jive up front to get good cog with my 4400s, I can guarantee I couldnt get the 4400 ahead enough on tray if I put jive on back that is for certain, this also likley to the UK tr mount and tr servo on boom to.

I'll also lower main gain as even with short flight i noticed some bounce but I had it on the (90) size baloon which for this stiff head is likley too much so thanks for quick note there I'll begin to tweak it out this weekend for sure.
Old 05-18-2012, 01:01 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

glad you like it so far!, I find on futaba the thr percentage to be higher than on jr and still have enough headroom,also mode 6 a little higher than 4. on futaba I'm at 72% vs65 on jr. this is not calibrated as per mr mel. Honestly though for a perfect setup and if you like the jives get yourself a jlog so you can get pwm percentages just under100% when loading up
It is indeed a quiet bird at same headspeed than compass it sounds about 500 lower!
Where did you get pinions, our are you using different make?
On the ball links I also found it strange, especially you have to be very careful not to tighten them too much!
for sure the tail servo at rear your cg would have been out so worked out nicely. Can't wait to hear your flight report!
Old 05-18-2012, 10:31 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm very interested in your flight report too.
NRPY is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2012, 02:18 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Your right I need a Jlog :/

I got pinions from Tower Hobbies so I have 11,12,13 to play with anyhow. Originally I was thinking to have it to 2200 but honestly even at 2100 with 690s it moves better then expected.

I can't believe that the main disc gain has to be so low, has to be contributed to such a stuff head I think. What is impressive is even though so stiff you can fly it with such low headspeed. I've also put on radix 110 tails and this far working really well.
Old 05-19-2012, 12:04 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

yes its strange how we are talking about 2200 on a90 size as if its the norm, in fact totally not needed as even at 1900-2000 its a beast especially compared to the heavies out there, and at very low speed its as feathery as tdr, I'm getting the feeling you are...sort of taking a liking in this bird?, would be awesome as I know you are not easily impressed (likewise)
Old 05-22-2012, 03:20 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Your right I need a Jlog :/

I got pinions from Tower Hobbies so I have 11,12,13 to play with anyhow. Originally I was thinking to have it to 2200 but honestly even at 2100 with 690s it moves better then expected.

I can't believe that the main disc gain has to be so low, has to be contributed to such a stuff head I think. What is impressive is even though so stiff you can fly it with such low headspeed. I've also put on radix 110 tails and this far working really well.
And new report? Did you test it a lotte more?
Old 05-27-2012, 12:18 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yes abit but just abit more time, I am in process of testing this, a ballistic, a goblin and an x7 so I am very busy. I have to mix this as well as work and family and good weather so this is difficult to do!
Old 05-28-2012, 12:22 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

so what's up with all these different brands, surely not only to find yourself one you like?
Old 05-28-2012, 12:24 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I've always done this, it's a madness of sorts. It's a "have to know" thing I go through. It's an expensive bad habit. . I enjoy it though it's a learning thing I suppose and great challenge to.
Old 05-28-2012, 12:31 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

well I suppose it keeps things interesting, myself I enjoy the tinkering, and tweaking part of the hobby which its why I also took up rewinding, as long as your'e able to sell off the unwanted ones I guess no harm done!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in