Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > BeastX FBL System

BeastX FBL System BeastX FBL Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2012, 02:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default MB Gain Setup

Guys. Ill admit I'm a noob to Hellis. I have everything set up in my MB according to the manual. At least I think I do. However I cant figure out how to adjust the Gain settings. My radio is a DX7 and I have the gear channel set to Gyro with Auto Sens on. I can adjust both position 0 and 1 and the LED on the MB does not move. So I have something wrong but I dont know how to trouble shoot it. I have been looking for threads but my searching ability doesnt seem to be finding anything. I also searched Finless' video's but didnt find anything on the MB.

Can you guys give me some help?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-24-2012, 03:22 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

There are lots of threads, but don't worry about not being able to search, I can never do it either. Sorry if this is back to basics, but sometimes it can be the most obvious things that get overlooked.

Since it sounds like you have your DX7 set-up correctly, GEAR to GYRO, and you get the gyro menu screen, and you can adjust the values, 0 and 1, I can only think that you may have a cabling error. It is a standalone MicroBeast?

Check that the lead is the right way up, coming from your gear channel, and in line with the right pin. I think it is the brown wire from the triple lead, if you are using a full size receiver, and it must go to the signal pin, not line up with all the other brown leads which are the -ves in those cases.

Good luck.

Cheers

Sutty
sutty is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-24-2012, 03:57 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Thanks Sutty. I thought I put it in there but I did not. This is the AR7200BX version.

No cables as far as I know. Im still learning how to set this thing up. Im fighting with setup G and J to get 0 pitch. Thats a different thread though.
Old 12-24-2012, 04:02 PM   #4 (permalink)
The Capi

My HF Map location

Did you set the gyro gain to be associated with that switch, or is it set to a flight mode switch ?
Old 12-24-2012, 04:28 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The radio is set to use the gear switch but on the gyro sens menu I have it on auto as that is the only option besides my rudd d/r(throtle hold) So I am leaving it on Auto which uses Flight mode.

I think I have it figured out now. Tell me if I am correct or if I am backwards..

On normal mode I have it set where the purple light is on at my radio reads 30% which lights up the (F) led. Then I have Mode 1 set to Blue LED with my radio at 70% which gives me (F) led.

This seems like it will work but I am a little confused on my throtle curve set up then.

I have For Normal I have 0,50,80,90,100
Do I need to set this for Mode 1 as well and then make mode 2 my inverse (100,95,90,95,100)?
Old 12-24-2012, 04:43 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Ok. Now I think I really got it. At least the Gyro part. I needed to set the gear switch to GEAR and not gyro. Now the switch functions as RM or HH and my Mode switch does not change anything. HOWEVER when I do this my gyro is set to N on both RM and HH. How does one adjust it now.

Last edited by itguy; 12-24-2012 at 04:45 PM.. Reason: Additional Info
itguy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-24-2012, 04:51 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by itguy View Post
The radio is set to use the gear switch but on the gyro sens menu I have it on auto as that is the only option besides my rudd d/r(throtle hold) So I am leaving it on Auto which uses Flight mode.

I think I have it figured out now. Tell me if I am correct or if I am backwards..

On normal mode I have it set where the purple light is on at my radio reads 30% which lights up the (F) led. Then I have Mode 1 set to Blue LED with my radio at 70% which gives me (F) led.

This seems like it will work but I am a little confused on my throtle curve set up then.

I have For Normal I have 0,50,80,90,100
Do I need to set this for Mode 1 as well and then make mode 2 my inverse (100,95,90,95,100)?
Yes, you have it now in terms of gain. The light on the MB is tracking the radio values correctly. Purple, is for rate mode, and that ties up as you are at less than 50% on that one, and Blue is for HH, and you are at 70% for that one, and F sounds about right so you are good. However, why would you want to fly in rate mode for normal mode? Most want to fly in HH mode all the time. Values from 0-50 are rate, and 50-100 are HH. I usually just put them all flight modes to 1, which I set to 60 or 70 ish, whatever works so that whatever flight mode I am in I get the same gain. If I did want a different gain for say stunt 2 it wouldn't be a lot different maybe just a couple of points less, and maybe a couple of points more for hold, but I usually find I don't have ot bother.

Curves are no different to how you would want to set them normally, but if you are new to helis then this is a whole other ball game. You might want to review the finless stuff for that. As you can imagine to explain curves we could go on for ages, but commonly people make normal their take off and landing mode with only about 3 degrees of -ve pitch, and they make stunt 1 and 2 both inverted modes, with stunt 2 with a faster throttle, very often flat at 100%. If you can make the bottom of normal throttle ramp up quickly, and have the pitch kick off at say 40%, you can easily get the top halves of both to match your stunt 1 values so that when you switch from normal to stunt 1 there will be no transition.

If you want more help with curves in general go over to the Belt-CP forum, they just love to help over there.

Cheers

Sutty
Old 12-24-2012, 05:28 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Thanks.

So it sound like I should rather use the gear switch to set it back to gyro and then us the mode switch so in Normal I am in RM for take off and landing and then go to ST1 for HH. I also want to make sure the thro. hold switch position is set to RM as well correct?

I understand on the curves.

Thanks again for all the help. Sorry for being so Dense.
Old 12-24-2012, 07:04 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Personally, as I said, I use HH for all modes, and I would suggest this too. However I do see the benefit of Rate mode for TH. It makes sure the tail is centered before you drop out of TH and spool up.

Approximate DX7 values:

0: 30
1: 70

Normal: 1
Stunt: 1
Hold: 0

That would work, and personally I like it linked to flight modes, but as you say that needs GEAR to GYRO. You can just use gear to gear, but then you cannot have it track flight modes, unless you did something funky with mixing I think. Maybe you'd have to inhibit, so GEAR to INH, then do a mix 1, 2 and 3, with assigned switches and values, but that is a little trickier.

Cheers

Sutty

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in