Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > FMA/Revolectrix Product Support

FMA/Revolectrix Product Support FMA/Revolectrix Factory Product Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2012, 02:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default CPII Pre Flight Clalibratiion

If the Vertical Sensor is installed, does it matter if the preflight check is done over Asphalt or Concrete? The manual says it best to calibrate and do preflight checks over grass if possible. But Im not understanding totally, does it work best to manual calibrate without the vertical sensor over grass. But with Vertical Sensor installed it would work fine over Asphalt or Concrete? If someone can clarify I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance for any help provided!
N3M0 is offline        Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-03-2012, 03:21 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Firstly..
If you have the vertical sensor mounted there is no need for manual calibration.

Second,
You start up your system and do preflight preferably on the same ground as your flying over.
Be that grass, dirt, concrete, or tarmac.

nightflyr is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2012, 03:26 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Thank you for the prompt reply! Has anyone had problems flying over tarmac? I have a large empty parking lot, but not a field neearby. Dont want to mess this up on its first flight with CPII installed. Thanks!
Old 09-03-2012, 03:34 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Ahhhhh Nope ...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiMmTA6Ep1s[/ame]

Old 09-03-2012, 03:39 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Well thats solves that! Thanks!
Old 09-03-2012, 03:55 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

No worries....

Old 09-03-2012, 04:34 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

And Im sure this answer is hidden somewhere in all the posts, but for sake of time I will ask anyway. Should the CPII be switched off for take off and then turned on when flying. Or is it ok to leave it on the whole time and just take off with it on in Level Flight Mode. I only have a Futaba 6J so I can only get two postions on and off. Thanks!
Old 09-03-2012, 04:36 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Take off with the CP off, then when when up 20 or so feet , turn it on.....
Old 09-03-2012, 05:14 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by N3M0 View Post
And Im sure this answer is hidden somewhere in all the posts, but for sake of time I will ask anyway. Should the CPII be switched off for take off and then turned on when flying. Or is it ok to leave it on the whole time and just take off with it on in Level Flight Mode. I only have a Futaba 6J so I can only get two postions on and off. Thanks!
If your FBL I suggest having it off during spool up and landing.
If your flybar you can take off with it on, but suggest your a distance away as to not cause the main sensor to become reactive to your body heat.
Also that there is nothing close by that would cause the CPII to become reactive..IE cars, people, large building structures.

Old 09-03-2012, 05:24 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

That's the safest way.

However from my experience there is no problem taking off a FB heli with CP2 on as long as you're far enough away from any obstacles that could cause a significant swashplate deflection. Turn CP2 on while on the ground, and if your swashplate movement is none to minimum you won't have problems taking off or landing in this spot.

FBL systems are a different story as CP2's input could cause a tipover on takeoff if the sensor sees something. That said Andy managed to do a couple of uneventful takeoffs with CP2 on on his MB heli simply by forgetting it was on . Meaning it can be done if the takeoff spot is free of obstacles and the takeoff is decisive. Probably not recommended for day-to-day operation, though
Trex 700N Pro fbl, 600N Pro x 2, 450SE v1, 250 v2 fbl, Compass 6HV fbl, Blade 450x, 400, 300x, 130x, mCPx, 120SR, mQx, mSR, Rotor Concepts HPQ1, Walkera CB180Q, CB100, Novus FP, CP, Esky Hunter, Big Lama.
jperkosk is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2012, 06:26 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

No not flybarless yet. 450Pro. Well I did the maiden flight wiht CPII on! All I can say is WOW! I think it brought my confidence level up about 10x within 2 flights. I tested take off with it on and off. It did not seem to make much of a difference either way. Ill make sure I keep an eye on it when I fly elsewhere though! Thank you all for your contributions! They are all priceless!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in