Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Miniature Aircraft Helicopters > MA Electric

MA Electric IonX2, Razor and Furion Support forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2010, 04:00 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

What size will the 2 5S be? Around 4000?
marcosp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2010, 05:03 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

From the MA site..

6S Battery Setup
• Recommended Motor KV Range: 850-900
• Gear Ratio: 8.38:1
• Battery Size: 6S 5000mah
• Main Rotor RPM: 2100-2300
• Motor Shaft Size: 6mm x 30/32mm
10S Battery Setup
• Recommended Motor KV Range: 540-560
• Gear Ratio: 9.08:1
• Battery Size: 2 x 5S 4000-5000mah
• Main Rotor RPM: 2200-2400
• Motor Shaft Size: 6mm x 30/32mm

I would guess that 10s4000 would be the high power to weight max 3D setup with the 10s5000 being the slightly heavier and aimed at slightly longer flights when power to weight isn't as much of a concern. However, if I were to build one, I would probably just split the difference.
prototype3a is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-25-2010, 03:15 PM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

Wow this ting builds fast. I put three hours into it and the airframe is almost complete.
Eyefly is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-29-2010, 06:12 AM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

Should that be watts as opposed to KV. Looks too low for KV.
TurboGpz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-29-2010, 07:37 AM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

Bobby flies with 10s 5000 MAH 45c thunder power packs, but 4000 would likely work as well. Flight time is very dependent on how the model is flown.
Old 09-30-2010, 02:31 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I have 2- 5S 5000 25C packs in mine and with a 9 minute flight time the charger puts back right at 3000mah (60% of the capacity). Head speed around 2000. Castle ICE 80HV data log here: http://www.raptortechnique.com/furion6/

BTW: Fantastic heli!!! And great pricing on the parts too!
Old 09-30-2010, 03:41 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Thanks for sharing your flight data! I'm surprised you only peaked around 2400w or so. I had been thinking about a 600 size using the TP prolite V2s and this data makes it look like it would probably work just fine.
prototype3a is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-30-2010, 09:55 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yeah, the flight logs surprised me as well. The flight today after work was even more aggressive and yet the flight log only recorded a peak of 1995 and average of 809. I think it was lower because I did not have much wind today. Before getting the helicopter I was concerned about flight time and tried to find out what would be an efficient setup. After much confusion I just decided I would go with a setup I knew the pros were running reliably. As it turned out I am very happy with this configuration.
Old 10-01-2010, 05:30 AM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default "pro" pitch slider

Nice tropic and pictures.
Maybe it is tim efir me to try electric and FBL

Quote:
Quote:
I notice that MA are now doing a 'Pro' version of this part with figure8 bearings as on the Furion 450. I have to say I think MA should be supplying these as standard in the kit.
It would increase the cost of the kit with no real benefit to performance. The ball bearing "pro" pitch slider set will last longer, however it was decided that in the interest of keeping the kit cost down, this would be an option part.
Isn't that MA 128-305 Pro Ball Bearing Pitch Slider, the same as on the Stratus tail?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Fury 55 and Furion 6 Pro Tail.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	33.9 KB
ID:	182900  
Knud Pedersen DENMARK is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-2010, 09:14 AM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knud Pedersen DENMARK View Post
Nice tropic and pictures.
Maybe it is tim efir me to try electric and FBL

Isn't that MA 128-305 Pro Ball Bearing Pitch Slider, the same as on the Stratus tail?
That's the one
Old 10-01-2010, 09:46 AM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
That's the one
Nice - then i've fot some spareparts for it allready
Knud Pedersen DENMARK is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-2010, 07:11 PM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

I was wondering if you could tell me how thick the main frames are, and if they look like they would survive in the event of a crash. Also how is the quality in the provided hardware (i.e. bolts and screws)? Do they provided fasteners strip with little effort? If so...should I plan on replacing them with a quality stainless steel set?

Thanks

torch

Last edited by torch; 10-02-2010 at 03:36 PM..
torch is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-2010, 09:02 PM   #53 (permalink)
NERD

OK, I need you guys to just stop it with the Furion 6 talk, really, just please stop it , you guys are about to send a man over the deep end.....

How wide is it between the frames? This motor is a little wider than the Scorp. Ah well, I can't justify another helicopter right now anyhoo....but fun thread!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Electronics.jpg
Views:	1581
Size:	197.3 KB
ID:	182988  
Old 10-02-2010, 07:14 AM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by torch View Post
I was wonderinf if you could tell me how thick the main frames are, and if they look like they would survive in the event of a crash. Also how is the quality in the provided hardware (i.e. bolts and screws)? Do they provided fasteners strip with little effort? If so...should I plan on replacing them with a quality stainless steel set?

Thanks

torch
Main frames have a nominal thickness of around 1.6mm. How will it survive in a crash?? I'll never know because I'm not ever going to crash mine!

The hardware with the Furion 6 is good quality high tensile steel. Not like the stock toffee stuff that comes with the 450, so absolutely no need to go for a stainless set which will be weaker anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrasymedes View Post
OK, I need you guys to just stop it with the Furion 6 talk, really, just please stop it , you guys are about to send a man over the deep end.....

How wide is it between the frames? This motor is a little wider than the Scorp. Ah well, I can't justify another helicopter right now anyhoo....but fun thread!
Come on Norman! All that stuff just laying around... you know you want to!!

I measure around 51.7mm between the frames. OD of the Scorp 560 is 48.9mm

Cheers D
dauste is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-02-2010, 08:43 AM   #55 (permalink)
NERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by dauste View Post
Come on Norman! All that stuff just laying around... you know you want to!!

I measure around 51.7mm between the frames. OD of the Scorp 560 is 48.9mm

Cheers D
Thanks, and that sounds about like the spread on my Razor. Unfortunate because the Hacker A50 turbine motors are a little over 55mm OD. I'm sure that the Scorp works great but this one used to put out good power and 100F temps on summer days. Plus I would have to sell this motor and buy another Scorp. I would like to but I think I will just have to enjoy the thread.

Video! We need video!
Old 10-02-2010, 10:33 AM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Another thing to consider with motor size is the motor is very close to the antirotation pin on the swashplate. I have the Scorpion 4035-560 and with the motor pushed forward enough for a good gear mesh, I only have 0.5mm spacing between the motor and the pin.
As for crashing, I hope not to test that out, but there are some things that are done to help On top of the struts there are carbon plates to form a box structure to help save the bottom of the frameset in a crash. Also the landing struts are not super stiff so that should absorb a lot of the force. And the metal canopy post are bolted to break-off plates.
Old 10-02-2010, 12:02 PM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrasymedes View Post
Video! We need video!
That's gonna be a few weeks away yet for me, not least because we've just had 40mm rain today and for tomorrow! Would like to see some from you other guys if you get in the air first.

I'm just setting up the Vbar and it all looks pretty straight forward. I had a bit of trouble trying to get the 2 Spektrum satellites to bind, firstly you need to cycle the power pretty quickly for the Vbar to enter bind mode, second I found one of the OEM satellite extensions leads had a poor termination.

Funny though when you up-size (450 to 600) you forget all the ancillary bits that you are going to need, like bigger swash plate levellers!!

I'm still waiting for the Jive ESC to come in to stock, I may end up ordering one direct from Germany if it takes much longer.

And still trying to figure out the neatest wiring routes. The frame sides with few holes look cool, but are a pain when you are trying to get all the wiring running internally.

Also, a bit of an extravagance, but someone offered to pay for the pro tail-pitch slider for me and it would have been rude to say no!

Old 10-02-2010, 03:46 PM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

Great to hear about the quality of the fasteners. I have never owned an MA machine before and was worried that the fasteners would be crap like the align ones.

Is this a Limited production kit or available for a short amount of time? I am in the U.S. Navy and I am about to deploy for about a year and I am wondering if this kit will still be around then or if I should just get it now and stock up on parts for it over the next little while.

Thanks

torch
torch is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-02-2010, 03:55 PM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Not sure if any of you guys have got round to setting up the FBL head yet?

I centred the servos with the little carbon pointer, made up the linkages with lengths as per the instructions and I can't get zero pitch.

Looks like the servo to swash linkage length is about 4mm too long. I can't screw them in by that much, so I'm wondering if I may need to cut the rods down slightly??
Old 10-02-2010, 08:16 PM   #60 (permalink)
NERD

That is one niiiice looking tail you have there.......

LOL, jk......heli is looking good though dauste, I'm jealous man!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in