Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mCP X

mCP X Blade Micro CPx Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2011, 02:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Which frame: RKH, MH or Xtreme and why???

I'm looking to eliminate the slop where the tail boom and frame meet (tried ca glue etc) and eliminate the canopy support breaks.

Any feedback or experience with any of the frames is appreciated
FUNBOSS is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-12-2011, 03:18 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I reinforced my canopy supports with epoxy (double bubble). I just built up on it from the base to about halfway of the support. I crash everyday, the latest one from about 60 ft.. my canopy supports are unbreakable.. as for everything else, that's a different story.. LOL
Old 08-12-2011, 09:52 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default links

Give me some links and I'll pick one. I've seen RKH and plan to try their frame.
d12bn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-2011, 10:36 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

At last check, I think only the RKH frame is in production and available for purchase. Maybe that has changed in the past day or two. If not, there is something to be said for having something ready, vs still in dvelopment. :-)
jim_stoll is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-13-2011, 02:48 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I ordered up an RKH frame and that was on the 27 th of July. Now we are well into the second week of August and still no sight of it. I emailed Mr rkh and I was informed that "due to customs issues in both Vietnam and USA, there was a delay in shipping your parts from Cusker USA...
I dont see why mr RKH couldnt have just shipped it directly to me.. I hate waiting like this.. and if it shows up in a UPS truck, Im gonna be PISSED! Anyway, How about themblueberries??
CyberPlainsDrifter is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-13-2011, 03:28 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I'm flying the RKH frame for a week now and i'm very pleased with it.

The tail is rock solid now since there is no flex in thz frame anymore !

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
www.rs-modelstore.be follow us on facebook !
flybar-les is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-13-2011, 04:00 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Stock frame with 1mm cf spanning the front canopy posts, wrapped in thread and ca and then some heatshrink for looks.

Same again with the rear posts with two seperate pieces of cf and shrink. That's the only aspect of the stock frame that I think requires attention. Maybe two pieces of 1mm cf either side of the anti rotation as it flexes a bit.

Amp
Ampdraw is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-13-2011, 09:56 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ampdraw View Post
Stock frame with 1mm cf spanning the front canopy posts, wrapped in thread and ca and then some heatshrink for looks.

Same again with the rear posts with two seperate pieces of cf and shrink. That's the only aspect of the stock frame that I think requires attention. Maybe two pieces of 1mm cf either side of the anti rotation as it flexes a bit.

Amp
For me it was the canopy pins (as you addressed), the anti rotation bracket (as can be reinforced), the ability to fit a BL motor without weakening the frame, and a strong tail mount (the holes always stretched and I broke 2 mounts completely out of the stock frame)
mCPX w/MH Swash, rotor hub, grips, tail motor mount, CF tail fin, RKH main frame/boom supports, AeoRC C05M BL motor, XP7A, thesteve convertor, ext CF rod boom, soldered larger guage tail wires, SR120 tail w/cut down SR120 blade
brianp6621 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-13-2011, 03:53 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Frame Choices

Here is a pre-production rendering from Xtreme Productions. The frame is not yet available, and based on Xtreme's previous release teasers, there's no telling when they will get around to actually producing it.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 11.png
Views:	320
Size:	86.1 KB
ID:	246186http://www.xtreme-production.com/xtr...id=39&Itemid=9

The Microheli frame is available, but SOLD OUT everywhere at the moment. Despite being available for sale, there still have not been any real pictures released other than the rendering. I can't wait to see the real deal.

Name:	Picture 10.png
Views:	297
Size:	32.7 KB
ID:	246187http://www.microheli.com/store/produ...e78cbb8c81c4c0

I can personally attest to the quality, and durability of the RKH frame. This thing is great, with a well thought out design. It comes with integrated boom support mounts, even if you choose the frame w/o supports. Also now they offer the supports separately, so you can add them later if desired.

Name:	Picture 9.png
Views:	365
Size:	102.0 KB
ID:	246188http://www.rakonheli.com/rkh/index.p...emart&Itemid=1
Heli-Yeah! is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-13-2011, 09:29 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli-Yeah! View Post
Here is a pre-production rendering from Xtreme Productions. The frame is not yet available, and based on Xtreme's previous release teasers, there's no telling when they will get around to actually producing it.
Attachment 246186http://www.xtreme-production.com/xtr...id=39&Itemid=9

The Microheli frame is available, but SOLD OUT everywhere at the moment. Despite being available for sale, there still have not been any real pictures released other than the rendering. I can't wait to see the real deal.
Attachment 246187http://www.microheli.com/store/produ...e78cbb8c81c4c0

I can personally attest to the quality, and durability of the RKH frame. This thing is great, with a well thought out design. It comes with integrated boom support mounts, even if you choose the frame w/o supports. Also now they offer the supports separately, so you can add them later if desired.
Attachment 246188http://www.rakonheli.com/rkh/index.p...emart&Itemid=1
I'm leaning towards the RKH as well, can anyone post a picture of the RKH frame without any servos etc attached?
FUNBOSS is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2011, 12:14 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBOSS View Post
I'm leaning towards the RKH as well, can anyone post a picture of the RKH frame without any servos etc attached?
Here are the few I could find.

Name:	Picture 12.png
Views:	392
Size:	312.5 KB
ID:	246277

Name:	Picture 17.png
Views:	356
Size:	352.7 KB
ID:	246276

Name:	Picture 16.png
Views:	304
Size:	411.3 KB
ID:	246279

Name:	Picture 13.png
Views:	348
Size:	361.6 KB
ID:	246278
Old 08-15-2011, 01:34 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

We did a little mcpX funfly at a friends house the other day(7 mcpX's together mawning his lawn lol) and my heli had some very hard and weird crashes.

I broke some stuff except the RKH frame and mounts !

The RKH tailfin(that was a cool looking tailfin !) on the other side broke on the first crash :- (

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
www.rs-modelstore.be follow us on facebook !
flybar-les is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-15-2011, 02:44 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi,

Quote:
correct position of the board-mount is of course rectangular, made the pic you posted "wrong". Thats correct:

Some more pics (the brown plates will be changed to servo boards later on):

RKH frame is 0.36 g heavier than stock frame.

Good news:
Rakonheli will sell spare parts for the frame, they will start somewhen this week. Talked to them (chat yesterday) and asked for spares.

I did already have an issue with the frame. Broke the white plastic which is for board mount and mount for the anterior cf rod. This seems to be a weak point - because the cf rod is quite hard and and will transfer the energy which is taken by the canopy in a crash to the mount. Unfortunately a broken rod mounting means also broken board mounting, so the board is in skew position after that, not vertical any more -> no flight possible (gyro).
Repairing is easy, I did it with CA and epoxy, back in the air soon. But - in contrary to a broken canopy mounting rod in the original mCP x frame - you will have to repair it after a crash and cant fly without one missing canopy mount (what is no problem in the original frame).

I am glad they sell this part as spare, hopefully cheap. Guess metal instead of weak plastic would probably be the better solution for this part. A broken CF rod is not a problem at all - it is standard 1.5 mm CFK.
Asked the RKH guy in chat yesterday, he announced the spares for this week, and additionally he promised to send me a spare one for free today. I did not ask for a free one (wanted to buy it) - very nice, thanks RKH.
RKH seems to have a very good customer support similar to Horizon.

Guess Xtreme and Microheli frames are still not out yet (Xtreme frame was announced for late July ... ) - so probably no one will be able to compare the frames of those three companies today.

I am very satisfied with the RKH frame.
Mounting different BL motors is easy and comfortable; mounting servos is a little bit more tricky than mounting servos in the original frame.
Flight performance is very ok - do not feel any difference to the original frame. Canopy is fixed quite firmly; have sanded the end of the rods a little bit for easier mounting.
Mounting the tail tube/rod is much better than in the original mCP x frame - no twisting possible.

Walter
donaldsneffe is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-15-2011, 06:15 AM   #14 (permalink)

Donaldsneffe, I have the RKH frame on the way to me to test and review.
Can you circle the part you broke for me? I don't know what part you mean
by your description.

Have you crashed yet with the RKH frame? I would like to know how well it holds up in a crash and
especially how the tail boom mount holds up, does it bend or break?
And does the anti-rotation bracket bend in a crash?

Thanks.

Tom
CX2Pilot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-15-2011, 07:49 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by CX2Pilot View Post
Donaldsneffe, I have the RKH frame on the way to me to test and review.
by your description.

Have you crashed yet with the RKH frame? I would like to know how well it holds up in a crash and
especially how the tail boom mount holds up, does it bend or break?

Thanks.

Tom
Looks like it's contagious. Isaac has broken his frame in the same place that Walter described.https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=330903

Mine has held up fine after many crashes, hope my luck lasts. But if not, it is reassuring that repair parts will be available if needed. I would hate to have to purchase the full frame just because a broke one little peice, but I love this frame upgrade so much, I would if that was my only choice.

I have bent my anti-rotation bracket once in a crash, but i just bent it back with no ill efects. I wish it was not part of the upper CNC bearing block, and was replaceable CF like the Microheli,or Xtreme frames represent in there photos.
Old 08-15-2011, 08:27 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Tom,

Quote:
Originally Posted by CX2Pilot View Post
by your description.
It was exactly the same position as in Isaacs frame, even on both sides:

Quote:
Have you crashed yet with the RKH frame? I would like to know how well it holds up in a crash
Quote:
and especially how the tail boom mount holds up, does it bend or break?
Well, not often - 2 crashes, not hard ones. No further problem - tail boom seems no problem (have a 2 mm rod in this frame), because I even lost the tail motor with mount in a crash, but did not break the boom (donno, how this will be with my 2 mm tube tails yet...).

Walter
Old 08-15-2011, 08:33 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi,

Quote:
Looks like it's contagious. Isaac has broken his frame in the same place that Walter described.https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=330903
Yea, did not see this post before.

But I am not totally sure, if that's the reason for breaking (the board), because I flew with canopy, the board should have been safe? ... but maybe Isaac is right.

CF rods did not break in my crash, only the plastic mounting part.
My first guess was, all the force that went into the canopy in the crash could have been transferred to the rods (they fit very firmly to the canopy grommets) and by them to the plastic mounting?
So I thought of replacing the rods against something not that hard (alu tube, soft plastic?) - and in a crash the soft material would bend or break and not the mounting. A rod could be replaced fast and easily after a crash.
What do you think?

Walter
Old 08-15-2011, 08:34 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Good to hear the anti-rotation bracket did not break when you had to straighting it,I figured it would break right off and would end up being another mod.Don't know if anyone agrees with me but the extreme frame is sexy and i like that the servos are not having to support the frame and the CF AR bracket would be easy to replace or even make your self and not have to purchase one,although it probably want cost very much either
Old 08-15-2011, 09:22 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuzinit View Post
Don't know if anyone agrees with me but the extreme frame is sexy
I do not disagree - but to be honest:
I bought the first upgrade frame, that was available.
All of them (Rakonheli, Microheli, Xtreme) look quite good on the pics (which are/were no photographs, but renderings).
If the Xtreme one would have been the first available, I would have bought this one (anyway: announced release "end of July" ), if the Microheli would have been the first one, I would have bought that; and because the Rakonheli frame was the first one available, I bought the Rakonheli frame.
And I like it, I think it is good and well made.
Additionally I like the service of Rakonheli. Yesterday they promised to send a free spare mounting to me (I did not ask for), today I got shipment notification. Thats really nice customer service.

I do not yet know (as all others) how good or bad the Xtreme frame will be.
I have and had quite a lot of Xtreme upgrades.
Some of them are really fine (4#3 skids, Solo Pro Swashplate, SP skids - even if one of mine did not work, some accessories like blade holder, tape, ...),
some are so lala (different SP rotor heads, brushed to brushless converter),
some are really crap IMO (CB100 metal blade grip, blade balancer, training gear 4g3, SP flybar, main gear for mCP x),
and some I did not fly enough with yet to give a statement (mCP x blade grips and rotor head).

So we'll see, to which group the frame will belong.
Cant judge a frame only by a rendering.

Walter
Old 08-15-2011, 12:05 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

BTW:
Microheli frame seems to have a very similar mount:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in