Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite)

Blade Helicopters (eFlite) Blade Helicopters (eFlite) CP, CX, mCX CX II, CX III. and others

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2016, 09:01 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Must Have Upgrades and Mods

Just received my 180 CFX yesterday and it looks good, but it'll probably be another few weeks before I can fly it because of our weather here; which is a good opportunity to do any recommended mods and order some upgrade parts if only to replace stock parts with after a crash. Any recommended mods, or upgrades that are more then just bling?
Blade Scraper is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2016, 09:59 AM   #2 (permalink)
HF Support

Servo Saver and Slipper Clutch mods. Here are some sample vids (just google for other vids)

Blade 180 CFX servo saver mod how to (3 min 25 sec)

Blade 180 CFX how to make a TT slipper clutch (20 min 48 sec)
Helis and MRs wrecked while-U-wait since 2008-05-27
Creaky Cactus is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-24-2016, 10:53 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade Scraper View Post
Just received my 180 CFX yesterday and it looks good, but it'll probably be another few weeks before I can fly it because of our weather here; which is a good opportunity to do any recommended mods and order some upgrade parts if only to replace stock parts with after a crash. Any recommended mods, or upgrades that are more then just bling?
I'd highly recommend at least getting it in the air now to make sure it checks out and certainly before doing any mods, especially if it can't be put exactly back to stock without replacing parts. Horizon is very good about replacing bad models as long as it's very soon after purchase. If you wait too long, you may have problems if it has to go back because they're going to assume it's been flown a lot and most likely crashed.
Mike680 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-24-2016, 05:13 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike680 View Post
I'd highly recommend at least getting it in the air now to make sure it checks out and certainly before doing any mods, especially if it can't be put exactly back to stock without replacing parts. Horizon is very good about replacing bad models as long as it's very soon after purchase. If you wait too long, you may have problems if it has to go back because they're going to assume it's been flown a lot and most likely crashed.
Actually now is the perfect time to ask these questions, although I inadvertently posted in the wrong forum (intended this thread for the 180 CFX sub-form), as with 4' of snow and temperatures in the mid minus teens, Celsius, a test flight is not quite timely for another 4-6 weeks.

Also, I would be surprised if I don't crash this thing on its maiden.

Seriously, I am far from a CP expert and have spent most of my 4+ years in the hobby flying fixed pitch. My CP trainer lineup, in order of crash preference, consists of my nCPS, the XK K110 I have on order, and then the 180 CFX.

I bought this heli expecting to crash it, have no doubt I won't be disappointed, and am therefore interested in things like the mods posted and any worthy upgrades to consider for if/when I break the stock part. I will probably break the stock part before I upgrade it, rather then upgrade stock parts that work.

I actually would have postponed buying it until the weather was better, but when Blade did the free aluminium carry case bonus, I bought now instead of later: its 'grab-and-go' for the 10 minute away soccer field for times when I want more space then my yard offers.
Blade Scraper is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in