Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite)

Blade Helicopters (eFlite) Blade Helicopters (eFlite) CP, CX, mCX CX II, CX III. and others

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2009, 09:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Question EFlight G110 Gyro issues

I have a Blade CP Pro modified with the Razor RZ-350 brushless main motor and the Medusa MR-012-30 Brushless tail rotor motor. I have the Phoenix 10 ESC for the main and the Thunderbird 9 ESC for the tail. I also have the G110 Gyro and the Specktrum DX-7 TX with the AR6100 RX. The stock setup was working fine but I kept burning out stock tail rotor motors and decided to overhaul. It's been a learning process and I've done OK for the most part. Thanks Buildem336 for the inspiration.

Just for info sake. I learned on the CPP then bought a TREX 450 and soon after a Raptor 30. I can comfortably hovor any one of these birds when the settings are right.

My issue is with the G110 Gyro and I've spent countless hours on many different forums trying to find an answer to my problem. This is the first time I've enlisted the help of others.

After the BL upgrade something in the rudder settings didn't seem right. I had major problems but was finally able to tinker with settings enough to get it to hover with occasional rudder inputs. This was done using the gain adjusment on the gyro but it still had a lot of drift and I still felt something wasn't right. I was constantly chasing the tail with trim inputs. I was under the impression that the G110 would be a little better at holding a heading than it was. When I tried to set it up using the remote gain via the gear channel I noticed the rudder inputs were a bit off.

I have to power up and initialize with the rudder at full left. If I leave the rudder centered, the tail rotor motor operates at near full speed. If I move the rudder stick to the right or left, the RPMs will drop off. It seems like the power curve peaks at center stick and drops off on either side. With a bit of tinkering with settings I can get it to act like a normal rudder on the right half of the stick, I.E. no rotation at center and near full power at almost the extream right. It quickly drops off at the extream right.

I did an experiment and hooked the gyro up to my TREX 450 SE V2 tail rotor servo to see whats happening without a motor actually spinning a prop and I have the same characteristics. The rotor assembly on the TREX is centered at center stick, but when I move the stick left or right, the rotor assembly will move in the same direction (towards the tail boom) regardless of stick position. Reversing servo setting on either the radio, or the Gyro didn't seem to do anything. Neither does digital or analog servo settings.

My TREX flies just fine with the settings I have in the DX-7, so I tried to use the same rudder input settings on my CPP and nothing changes. The only difference is the Gyro and the fact that there isn't an actual servo on the CPP. Obviously the GY401 Gyro on the TREX is a better unit than the G110 but I don't think my G110 should be doing what it's doing. Could it be the fact that I have an ESC for the rotor motor control instead of an actual servo? If so, is there anything that I can do to the ESC to get it to send correct signals to the G110 gyro?

Thanks for your help in advance.
Tenkisan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-18-2009, 04:36 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Try changing the rev switch on the gyro itself. It sounds like something may be reversed.
Old 05-19-2009, 11:36 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Actually, your gyro should not be working like that. Sounds like there may be a problem... (simply swapping out the gyros on your TRex should give you the same rudder responses).

Call Horizon Hobby service to get some assistance. Let us know if they do not help out.
tutelarRC is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
blade cp pro, brushless, g110

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in