Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > Multi Rotor Support > Blade Multirotor Support > mQX

mQX Blade mQX Quad Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2012, 12:01 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by flying-llama View Post
When I read about brushless conversions for tail motors of larger models (HoneyBee FP, CP, Blade CP, etc.), I had read that inrunners could change speeds faster than outrunners. But this was a number of years back and for larger helicopters (more like 200 plus grams), so things may have changed.
You know, I'm not sure yet
Roffey seems to have obtained excellent results on his double brushless mCP X with the little Turnigy inrunner motor linked by Griff1.
liftbag is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2012, 12:50 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I would like to build it on a new frame, I would like to use 3g outrunner and a xp3a esc.
But does anyone knowes where on te 3in1 i can get the Signal?
this is my Idea ...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rahmen platine.jpg (114.8 KB, 152 views)
nimic is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-25-2012, 01:22 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimic View Post
I would like to build it on a new frame, I would like to use 3g outrunner and a xp3a esc.
But does anyone knowes where on te 3in1 i can get the Signal?
this is my Idea ...
As far as I know, for a a brushless esc, you need to connect a converter between the mQx board and the esc.
Walkera has a combination converter/esc (mentioned in this or the mQx mod thread),
but with that converter, I believe that one needs to hook-it up to special places on the mQx board (places shown with the mentions of the combination converter/esc).
flying-llama is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-25-2012, 01:41 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

I was thinking using just the board in another quad frame would work. Something like THIS.

The fact you need conversion lessens the savings over a Quadrino controller though. The Quadrino is more capable in the end as well.

The lower cost is good though if all you want is basic flight, and don't need altitude or heading holding or expandability. You save more owing the fact you do not need to get a new receiver as well.
Marine6680 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2012, 09:54 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by flying-llama View Post
As far as I know, for a a brushless esc, you need to connect a converter between the mQx board and the esc.
Walkera has a combination converter/esc (mentioned in this or the mQx mod thread),
but with that converter, I believe that one needs to hook-it up to special places on the mQx board (places shown with the mentions of the combination converter/esc).
no i take the XP 3A: esc and flash it with a new prog so i can use the esc without any converter, but like on the mcpx u need to get a signal from the board and not from the motor connector.
nimic is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2012, 08:49 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

From the other thread https://www.helifreak.com/showthread...=377068&page=5 Look for post #46, shows where to connect ESC's.
koko76 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2012, 09:04 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Not so good work with the M5 motor.
Few kv compared to the stock brushed motor. With 9T I have less head speed than stock pod.

I need 10T pinion, or different motor like the HP03S, lightweight solution, especially if coupled with BlHeli flashed XP-3A.
But the thing is getting expensive. Is it worth it?
Old 04-26-2012, 10:32 AM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by liftbag View Post
Not so good work with the M5 motor.
Few kv compared to the stock brushed motor. With 9T I have less head speed than stock pod.

I need 10T pinion, or different motor like the HP03S, lightweight solution, especially if coupled with BlHeli flashed XP-3A.
But the thing is getting expensive. Is it worth it?
That's depressing, now I have to get some other pinions en route, I ordered motors with 8t. What was your tach of stock motor?
Old 04-26-2012, 10:38 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by koko76 View Post
What was your tach of stock motor?
5800 rpm
Old 04-26-2012, 04:25 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by liftbag View Post
5800 rpm
Thanks! Ordered a couple of 10T pinions as I was way off base with the 8's. I actually just got home and unwrapped my Astroid package, and Dylan didn't install the pinions I ordered, instead he included a tube of 609! I'm sure it was because he's so backed up with orders he didn't have time to put them on, but he still went the extra mile to make sure I was covered. Works out even better as I have to put the 10T on anyway.
ESC's should be in early next week, plastic gears and bearings probably tomorrow. All that's left will be some CF tube for the frame.
Old 09-25-2012, 10:57 AM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Any new news on brushless conversion?

Edit:
NM, Saw this:

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread...377068&page=24

Last edited by vertico; 09-25-2012 at 12:37 PM..
vertico is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in