Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > RC Helicopter Flight School

RC Helicopter Flight School Instructional Flying Tips, Tricks, Videos, and Q&A

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2011, 06:19 PM   #81 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

. I have to agree with raza here that what I see in your video is not control you just do a manuver and then another. Slow down, go back to learning the basics.
RCHO Flying Field, Knightdale NC
lazor 22 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2011, 04:19 AM   #82 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazor 22 View Post
. I have to agree with raza here that what I see in your video is not control you just do a manuver and then another. Slow down, go back to learning the basics.

I don't plan to compete, so it's pointless to learn manouvers, that i will hardly use. I just learn what I need to learn. You're more advance than me lazor,, if you can control, fly the way i just did, it's shouldn't be that hard right? You have control, I don't. Try it, see where it takes you. Freewill dude, you don't have to follow.

Case Scenario: If no one knew tareq, and he came here and he showed his videos, what do you think people will tell him. "Go back and learn to fly properly, you keep flying like that, and it will cost you $$$ in crashes. Who flies smackdown? A helicopter is not meant to be flown like that" These are the comments that come from helifreak users. You've seen when there is a video of tareq, there is always talk, but that is all it is right? just talk. You hear people saying "oh tareq was hunting there for a couple of seconds like he didn't know what to do." or "that's not flying." So i say this to those people, check the top left of the helifreak logo, I'm quite sure there is a word there called "Respect". If you think you can do better respond with a video on how to do it better, it may be better it may be not. This is what make this world so wonderful, everyone's learning differently, flying differently.

How would you ever bring out your own style lazor, if you keep following other peoples ways? Lead your own way lazor, bring something new to the world.

Btw check out szabo here, where this woman tries to tell him, how to fly...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNDIUyGdRIs&feature=player_embedded[/ame]
Old 02-02-2011, 09:14 AM   #83 (permalink)
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchp View Post
I just learn what I need to learn.
Prob is you are not. We can all see that, but you do not. That's the only issue here, not respect, or free will, or conformity, or conspiracies, or whatever you think it is...

Quote:
You're more advance than me lazor,, if you can control, fly the way i just did, it's shouldn't be that hard right?
Better yet lets see some vids of YOU flying this way. Please prove everyone wrong.

Quote:
Case Scenario: If no one knew tareq, and he came here and he showed his videos, what do you think people will tell him.
What we've always told him. HOLY CRAP THAT IS AWESOME. Tareq is not a sim jockey. Never seen a vid of him flying on the sim actually. He proves the skills he has by the videos of his real flying. You can't seem to understand that flying smack on the sim has no bearing with the real deal. In case you didn't know this already I'll let you in on a little secret.. shhh.. come close

on the sim everyone flies like Alan Szabo, Bert Kammerer, or Tareq Alsaadi

---
This is a Flight School forum BTW. People come here to talk and learn about what you consider to be a lack of free will. If you are going to continue to insinuate that everyone here is a moron or just following the crowd by learning unnecessary skills in order to become a better pilot I'd appreciate it if you would just stop posting here.

When you post here you will be critiqued. You may not like it, but that's what this forum is here for. If you don't like it or want it, then you are in the wrong place. This is where people that DO want to learn can come and be taught good flying habits or techniques. Everything we've said to you here has been an attempt to help, and save you pain and $$ in the end. If you really don't care or want to listen that's fine, power to the people, black panthers, or whatever floats your boat. Just stop posting here.
RĒzĒ is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2011, 12:43 PM   #84 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I think you are reading to deep in to my post Pitch. I'm not telling you to try and follow someones style I'm just saying you need to learn the basics first it will make things so much better. Do finless bob's challenges.
RCHO Flying Field, Knightdale NC
lazor 22 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2011, 12:52 PM   #85 (permalink)

Quote:
I think you are reading to deep in to my post Pitch. I'm not telling you to try and follow someones style I'm just saying you need to learn the basics first it will make things so much better. Do finless bob's challenges.
It's no big deal. His problem is self correcting. He will either crash so often he will give up, or eventually learn how to fly properly.

Either way his problem is solved.
Old 02-02-2011, 01:43 PM   #86 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by RĒzĒ View Post
It's no big deal. His problem is self correcting. He will either crash so often he will give up, or eventually learn how to fly properly.

Either way his problem is solved.
That's what we in the perental realm call "natural consequences" Let my kids deal with those all the time.
Old 02-02-2011, 03:50 PM   #87 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

You don't need to, You learn it along the way. Raza knows this. if you read some of his post he mentions how someone can fly like bert on the sim, without going through the basics. Yes it is possible, and yes it can be done. But the sim is a "Perfect world, with the Perfect heli" we don't live in the perfect world, and we don't have the perfect heli, if you are planning not to crash, you are in the wrong hobby. Always remember there are many different ways to skin a cat. Keep flying dude

As for my flight video, I'm trying to learn how to control the main rotor while piro. Make the heli go where you want it to, while it is on piro. It's not easy, raza can see that. Also I'm trying to perfect the KAOS. This is not an easy manouvere especially on a 250. The other thing I found hard is flying with music, it's hard to keep up with the music. Try it, and you'll see what I mean.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ATRbwqW-XU&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Just keep this in mind, not everyone is the same. Every one has different ways in learning.
Old 02-02-2011, 03:58 PM   #88 (permalink)

We wait with bated breath on your first live (real heli) video of your acquired sim skills.

Please don't repost videos in this thread. You already posted this vid in post #63
Old 02-02-2011, 04:17 PM   #89 (permalink)
Registered Users

raza, my brother, my time is running out. I don't know if i will make it there. :o
Old 02-22-2011, 11:39 AM   #90 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Got a video to show off a cool move or want a critique on something you're working on? Maybe you have a video that's a good example of a maneuvar? Post em up!
Raza,

if you think this could help Futaba Phoenix simmers share the link below with them

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=267418
gelatmi1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-07-2011, 10:49 AM   #91 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Just some basic flying in all eight orientations. Trying to master this before the new season starts so I can try to perfect some of the more complex 3D maneuvers.

Old 03-07-2011, 03:32 PM   #92 (permalink)

NICE!

But where's the other half of the orientations? There's 16 if you include nose down and tail down. If you get all 16 down that smooth most 3d stuff will start to come fairly easy. Actually even if you just worked on just one tail direction you'd still be far ahead of the game.
Old 03-07-2011, 05:05 PM   #93 (permalink)
Registered Users

What do you mean by 'one tail direction?'
the sea, and all that in them is" --Exodus 20:11
4n6days is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-07-2011, 07:05 PM   #94 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
NICE!

But where's the other half of the orientations? There's 16 if you include nose down and tail down. If you get all 16 down that smooth most 3d stuff will start to come fairly easy. Actually even if you just worked on just one tail direction you'd still be far ahead of the game.
I didn't even consider those as "basic" orientations/maneuvers. But regarding the additional eight you're talking about, I can do tail down inverted funnels in both directions at the moment. I cannot do any of the other three.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4n6days View Post
What do you mean by 'one tail direction?'
I think he means one of the eight he's talking about.
Old 03-07-2011, 09:11 PM   #95 (permalink)

There are 16 total circuit orientations: 8 that use left tail, and 8 that use right tail (counting inverted and funnels) So what I meant is if you can nail all 8 circuits with all left tail you'd be very a fairly advanced pilot. Nail all 16 and you'll nearly be pro by then.
Old 03-07-2011, 11:36 PM   #96 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
There are 16 total circuit orientations: 8 that use left tail, and 8 that use right tail (counting inverted and funnels) So what I meant is if you can nail all 8 circuits with all left tail you'd be very a fairly advanced pilot. Nail all 16 and you'll nearly be pro by then.
I understand now. I wonder if I should edit the title of my video? I just don't know what to name it.
Old 03-08-2011, 12:51 AM   #97 (permalink)

no it's great. keep up the hard work!
Old 03-15-2011, 05:09 PM   #98 (permalink)
Registered Users

What simulator are you guys using?
aperfect is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2011, 07:27 PM   #99 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by aperfect View Post
What simulator are you guys using?
I'm using Phoenix. However, I started out with FS One, and also used HeliSimRC.
Old 03-17-2011, 10:14 PM   #100 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok... here's the result so far of my winter of 'simming.' I'm still trying to get my sim skills transferred to the real heli... but that's the way it goes.

Also my heli has a lot of slop in the swash, so that complicates things too.... aaaaaannnd it rotates CCW and has a left-side tail... which doesn't seem like such a big deal, until you try it. And realize just how much you compensate for the lateral thrust from the tail rotor.

(it was set up for an A-109 fuselage, but then I crashed my Pro and needed something to fly... to I re purposed it for general fliying)

the sea, and all that in them is" --Exodus 20:11
4n6days is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in