Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Airtronics Radios

Airtronics Radios Airtronics Radios Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2013, 07:58 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafakrav View Post
Well, if the paint problem is solved i'll buy it.

I had a serious problem with my SD10G as the paint just loved to fall. I contacted Airtronics and they send a new case... And it is starting to lose the paint, again. If it dont get solved, well, i'm moving to Futaba. I love the radio, the ergonomics and the firmware, but that finish issue is seriously annoying. I hope it get fixed on the new radio... But just saying, the radio is getting old. While telemetry and sd card are standard on other high-end radios our loved Airtroncis radio is just...fast. Not even the fastest on the market anymore.

Oh, other thing that REALLY bothers me is the rx antennas. They just fall way to easy.. Just a small pressure and pop, antenna out. If they could improve their rx...well, that would be AWESOME.

Well, lets see what happens...
Not the fastest on the market anymore? Which radio on the market is faster? I believe those with telemetry will be slower.
One_eye is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-14-2013, 08:04 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Anyone know if it is possible to add a Backlight to a SD10G?

I come across the backlight and vibration upgrade for Airtronics MT4 below. The backlight should fit the SD-10G but anyone know where to tap the signal from the main board?

Below is the MT4 backlight upgrade and vibrator + manual.

Anybody can help?

http://mt4el.com/

http://mt4el.com/mt4-el.html

http://mt4el.com/install.html
One_eye is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-14-2013, 06:16 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by One_eye View Post
Not the fastest on the market anymore? Which radio on the market is faster? I believe those with telemetry will be slower.
Airtronics:11.83ms
Futaba FASSTEST (without telemetry): 6.8ms
Futaba FASSTEST(with telemetry): 14ms

Then there is the new Aurora 9X with 7ms (with Maxima rx)

If you compare the Airtronics with a Telemetry enable radio it still wins, but is it fair to compare a non-telemetry to a telemetry and claim to be the fastest? The futaba AND the Hitec can beat the Airtronics in a non-telemetry rx.

That being said, what is the "differencial" in this radio? We cannot change the module, no telemetry, not the cheapest receivers nor new tecnologies (S-buss or Sats, those are VERY usefull with helicopters that do not have a lot of space). Not even "the" quality as paint (a basic "finish" would do better, even the cheap Spektrum radios last longer) comes off. We do not have backlits or vibration alerts as in the up post or even more compatibility with the new technolgies as Spektrum/Futaba are upgrading their equipment to run with the new stuff that hits the market.

I'm not trying to take of the credits of the brand, its a bullet proof connection and i trusted my very expensive models to it. But i expected at least a good change on the radio in the new version, not those "corrections". If they were to place some black paint and just add a few switches it should have been done in the beggining, not after years, and that is what bugs me those days. In my opinion if they KNOW that those problems exist they should replace the customers old ones. I used to believe that we had the BEST after-sale, they even send me a new case and such for free... but anyway, I dont like to have a brand that just comes with a "new" radio to fix the bugs of the older one. That is pretty much what spektrum did with Dsm2 and I swiched brands after that and seems like I'm swiching again.

That is just mine opinion.
rafakrav is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-16-2013, 04:10 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Awe... I'm disappointed as well. I was really hoping for single-line connection rx on the new model, at the least. I think its safe to say that atx doesnt really cater to the heli folks desires, in comparison to the competition.
mikehunt is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-16-2013, 08:37 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikehunt View Post
Awe... I'm disappointed as well. I was really hoping for single-line connection rx on the new model, at the least. I think its safe to say that atx doesnt really cater to the heli folks desires, in comparison to the competition.

Yeah... The good thing is that when you say something good about them they answer quickly, after any "problems", well... Long time since I posted the other post.

I was also hoping for a "S-buss like" thing, its extremely practical and with helis today... almost necessary. Not even a backlit in a 2013 new high end radio? That seems like a joke.

Once again, i'm selling my Airtronics gear. Loved the brand but not its future... Good luck for them
Old 07-17-2013, 08:42 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

I was also hoping for a "S-buss like" thing, its extremely practical and with helis today... almost necessary. Not even a backlit in a 2013 new high end radio? That seems like a joke.

Once again, i'm selling my Airtronics gear. Loved the brand but not its future... Good luck for them
i here you. i have since moved on as well.
mikehunt is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-29-2013, 08:42 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikehunt View Post
You hit the nail on the head there. I really do not think the heli market is in Airtronics focus at all. If you do not have S Bus or satelitte capability's you are not in the heli market today due to the features on the FBL controllers all requiring it. I have been waiting for my suppliers to fill me in on the details of the new SD10SG and they still have no info but it is on the web as T Moore posted? Being a heli dealer it is next to impossible to sell the product anymore which is a shame as it is a great radio !! Come on Airtronics get with the game.
Old 07-30-2013, 05:38 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Dennis, I don't think that they even hear us here. Look how long this topic is here without their answers. They could at least say something, don't you agree?
Old 08-03-2013, 08:10 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Airtronics/Sanwa arguably make the best surface radios however for heli they're kinda not caring too much which is too bad.
TheKingPhisher is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2013, 08:24 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I agree that Airtronics has a large chunk of the surface market and they are big in the Glider market also.The thing is S bus is being used lot's in the jets,IMAC planes and I am sure gliders also.As we know it is almost mandetory for a modern heli setup. I have governors in my FBL units I cannot use presently because my SD10G does not support S Bus or have satellite capability and the FBL manufactures are not making anything that has room to run a conventional receiver and the governor. I guess we live with it or order up that new Futaba 14SG that I was just about to order the other night,S Bus,vibration alert,faster ect ect .Wonder why I was looking at it Airtronics
Old 08-03-2013, 08:39 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well, when I bought mine I looked for something with quality and ergonomics. SD10g was the solution, but wouldn't buy it today...

I was also considering the 14sg, but I heard it has problems with the vibration alarms. Nothing serious, but... Now I'm looking for a dx9/dx18. I used to fly with a Dx6i and know something about the "setup style" on those radios. Futaba... New seas for me
Old 10-02-2013, 04:52 AM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

Then there is the new Aurora 9X with 7ms (with Maxima rx)

11.83ms is average latency for the 10ch Rx. I should check the 6ch and 8ch Rx as well. It takes longer to update 10 channels.
Pippi is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-02-2013, 04:57 AM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

11.83ms is for the 10ch Rx. Check out the 6ch or 8ch FH3 receivers. There numbers should be lower.

Cheers!
Pippi is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-02-2013, 05:00 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

The measured numbers are here: http://rc.runryder.com/helicopter/t172571p1/

ATX is 10.3ms
TMoore is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-19-2013, 02:20 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

10.3 ms is an excellent number. While people can feel 10's of ms difference, no person has ever claimed they can tell 1's of ms difference. JKos chart shows the progress that has been made - and is largely responsible for it.
Four Stroker is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-22-2013, 02:59 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default So has anyone put hands on the SD10GS?

I am curious as how the finish feels on the new one.
Mark Dean is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in