Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters > Ufly

Ufly Walkera Ufly Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2011, 02:28 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default blade upgrade

What are some upgrade blades for the ufly? I brke 1 and put my HB V2 blades on it. It flys ok, but want better ones.
ccowboyearl is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2011, 04:22 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

i found the perfect blades for the uflys....they are called xtreme fiber reinforced blades...i got a set Friday and they are very stable and durable...not that expensive ether, only one thing you have to do is use a flat sanding block to thin the mounting ring a little bit to get them to fit between the blade grips...but its worth it cause these blades ROCK...heres the link to them...
http://www.boomtownhobbies.com/Xtrem...P_p/ehb014.htm

i also have a set of the superblades xp and they are nice as well but i had to remove a lot on the ring to get them to fit , the thickness on them is 4mm and the uflys grips is 2.4mm so it took a while to get them to fit nicely...the supers are flexable and supposed to able to take a minor crash...the xtremes are very stiff but reinforced with fiber so they have almost zero flex to them, might be why they are so stable, another good point on both blades is it takes a bit more RPM to lift the heli this makes it more stable cue to the higher head speed...i have to say i like the xtremes a little better compaired to the supers plus they are less cost then the super blades...they track very nice as well...
magicmarty is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2011, 04:31 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

forgot to mention you have to use the stock blades washers in these blades the xtremes don't came with any ....also i haven't did any forward flight yet with the xtreme blades as you know the weather here is kind of crappy rite now....but i hovered 2 packs with the xtremes and i was very impressed with there performance...a lot more stable then the stock blades in my opinion...
Old 02-28-2011, 08:27 AM   #4 (permalink)
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default Thanks

Thanks, for the reply. I'll get the extremes.
ccowboyearl is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-28-2011, 02:09 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

i tried a set of the Falcon 40 v2 blades also , RTFheli.com recommended them because they are stronger then the stock ufly blades...they are stronger and don't feel as brittle but they have more pitch and make more lift at lower RPM which translates to the heli hovering below mid stick with slow head speed...i think i am going to trim them to see if i can get the head speed up i don't like the slow head speed it feels real sluggish and the response is slow....

i believe you will like the xtremes they are way better then the stock blades...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in