Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 250 Class Electric Helicopters

250 Class Electric Helicopters 250 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2008, 09:13 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Batteries?

What batteries are people using?
(brand, mah, C-Rating)

Thank you all in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2008, 12:50 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I've got 4 3s900 20c batteries from FMA, a 16c TP 910, and some 800mah 8c packs from Common sense that have been lying around for years. The Common sense are fine for hovering, anything else and they don't have the power. The TP works very well, and the FMA packs are the best. I notice that the tail is steadier with the better packs, and it has more power.
Eury is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2008, 06:48 PM   #3 (permalink)

Might as well tag on this post: What about the 1500mAh 20-25C stuff, are they too heavy for the bird?
Inserico is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2008, 06:57 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I don't think you'd even be able to get them on it, they'd be waaaaay too big.
Old 11-25-2008, 07:01 PM   #5 (permalink)

oh, so what is the maximum size you can find and what brand and what is the price I can expect to get them for?
Old 11-25-2008, 07:10 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I've seen that someone moved the canopy posts forward and was able to get a TP 1320 Prolite in it. Mine are the biggest you are going to be able to get in there, its' actually tough to get the canopy on with my packs and I modified the battery tray to make it better. My packs were $33 each.
Old 11-25-2008, 07:33 PM   #7 (permalink)

On one of the Align distributer sites it said a 850mAh pack is recommended, it seems that is still too big? I can't really find 850s anywhere... Or hardly able to find them.

So I take it that 800 is still good (not sure which one you are referring to, FMA or TP?)
Old 11-25-2008, 07:42 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

TP has a 910mAh 3S that should work. About $35 is the cheapest I've seen...

http://grandrc.com/inc/sdetail/54365

11 in stock. They don't have connectors so you'll need to buy some to plug into the Align ESC. Why didn't Align provide the other half of the connector on the ESC?!
ferret30 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2008, 08:06 PM   #9 (permalink)

What type of connectors should they have? Deans? Or those small ones? If it's the small ones, what are they called and what type of wire should i have for them? I need to make one up for my charger...
Old 11-25-2008, 08:25 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inserico View Post
What type of connectors should they have? Deans? Or those small ones? If it's the small ones, what are they called and what type of wire should i have for them? I need to make one up for my charger...
The little 2-pin connector to the ESC is of the "JST" type. You can google "JST battery connector" or something similar to find results. It's a VERY common connector and most hobby shops will have a variety of JST pigtails you can purchase. Interestingly, JST connectors are not typically rated for the amount of current this heli can draw. Align made an interesting choice here. Neall
ndoren is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2008, 09:42 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret30 View Post
TP has a 910mAh 3S that should work. About $35 is the cheapest I've seen...

http://grandrc.com/inc/sdetail/54365

11 in stock. They don't have connectors so you'll need to buy some to plug into the Align ESC. Why didn't Align provide the other half of the connector on the ESC?!
I believe this may be incorrect. I just purchased a 910mAh 3s Thunder Power 11.1v 16c from my LHS today. I measured it with a digital caliper and the dimensions were identical. Mine came with the JST connector. I doubt they ship one with and one without. The one pictured doesnt show the end of the wire, but are we sure it doesnt have the connector on it from GrandRC?
mjm0505 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2008, 09:45 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjm0505 View Post
I believe this may be incorrect. I just purchased a 910mAh 3s Thunder Power 11.1v 16c from my LHS today. I measured it with a digital caliper and the dimensions were identical. Mine came with the JST connector. I doubt they ship one with and one without. The one pictured doesnt show the end of the wire, but are we sure it doesnt have the connector on it from GrandRC?
The one I bought from GrandRC did not have a connector. Maybe some do, some don't, but mine came wrapped in just bubble wrap with electrical tape wrapped around the ends of the leads.
ferret30 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2008, 09:47 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

My 910 came with a JST connector. It came in a package sealed by Thunder Power with instructions and a card at the top that said what it is. It sounds like the pack GrandRC sent you had been opened or used.
Old 11-26-2008, 09:58 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just got an Align 850 from http://www.tech-mp.com for 23.99 plus 5.50 shipping. He emailed me back to confirm that it was in stock and the site was correct.
mjm0505 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2008, 10:06 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

I can't comment on the TP910 specifically, but Thunder Power DEFINITELY supplies other versions of its batteries with no power connector. You have to make sure the TP part number specifies a JST power plug, or you can definitely end up with a battery that has just a pigtail and no connector. Neall
ndoren is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2008, 05:05 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

FYI. Just grabbed a bunch of the Outrage 3s 800 packs from Hobbyhut.com
Allen said they have a bunch and he was a real nice guy.
Said they also got a load of parts in too.

Get 'em before they are gone

http://www.hobbyhut.com/store/produc...oducts_id=1709

Stolen from user "Xrayted"
mlucia is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2008, 05:25 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlucia View Post
FYI. Just grabbed a bunch of the Outrage 3s 800 packs from Hobbyhut.com
Allen said they have a bunch and he was a real nice guy.
Said they also got a load of parts in too.

Get 'em before they are gone

http://www.hobbyhut.com/store/produc...oducts_id=1709
Thanks got some
Old 11-26-2008, 10:13 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

currently, i'm flying a TP 910mah 3s 16c pack 65g. a little short on c rating, by my calculations. but, after 10 cycles of pretty punchy flight it's still holding up. canopy is a tight fit on these cells...actually makes a visible dent on either side of the canopy; and pulls on the canopy pins pretty hard, too. but, it fits.

before i found that one i was using some FP 1320 3s 18c 95g evolites i had laying around for another heli. they fly ok...a little on the porky side. and, the canopy won't fit on. but, if i need a fix, i can get some sticktime.

i have another *mystery* pack on the way. if it works, and after i get my supply, i'll spill the beans

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in