Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Compass Helicopters

Compass Helicopters Rage RC Hellicopter Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2013, 11:41 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default bend feathering shaft trac-x 500

Hello everyone. I write to you because I have a problem with slightly bend feathering shaft with my trex 500 trac-x dfc head. I found two things.

1 - First, I discovered that on each bearing a trust on both sides of the trust bearing is smaller than the other. Is this normal? I placed one who is greater inward and one that is made ​​on the feathering shaft outward. ??

2 - The second I noticed when I landed with a small bump on the floor, I can bend my feathering shaft, not much but slightly, enough to see when I do hit a table. And then I noticed that the tracking of my blades are slightly out.

It is just me? thank you
jean-michael is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-26-2013, 12:05 PM   #2 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by jean-michael View Post
Hello everyone. I write to you because I have a problem with slightly bend feathering shaft with my trex 500 trac-x dfc head. I found two things.

1 - First, I discovered that on each bearing a trust on both sides of the trust bearing is smaller than the other. Is this normal? I placed one who is greater inward and one that is made ​​on the feathering shaft outward. ??
It's normal. You also have them installed correctly.

Quote:
2 - The second I noticed when I landed with a small bump on the floor, I can bend my feathering shaft, not much but slightly, enough to see when I do hit a table. And then I noticed that the tracking of my blades are slightly out.

It is just me? thank you
Are you sure you're not just seeing the feathering shaft teeter inside the head block? You may need new rubber o-rings on the dampers (assuming you're running the stock dampers). The feathering shaft in that head is pretty beefy; you won't be able to bend it with your hands.
Graupner MZ-32

Experience is something you gain only after you need it.
I wouldn't mind social media so much if it didn't involve people.
TheBum is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-26-2013, 01:40 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

[QUOTE=TheBum;5174863 The feathering shaft in that head is pretty beefy; you won't be able to bend it with your hands.[/QUOTE]
A bit of useless info..
Not directly Atom related but, I have never been able to bend a Compass feathering shaft on any of my K3D , 600E or 6HV helis . And, I had my fair share of crashes .
Old 07-26-2013, 05:19 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ok thank you. I understand that the feather is very strong and that is why I'm not understand that it bend light so easily. Its not big bend. I can not see if it is bend when I turned in the head block with an allen key, but I can see that the tracking is incorrect and as I see it when it rolls on a flat surface. And I can see mark of the bearing on the feathering shaft.

I have another question. I saw on the website prostarhobby, the kbdd dampener spacer (Product Code: 4105) i think is rubber. I only have metal spacer. I have placed between the head block and the dampener. I'm starting to think it lacks some thing. I'm sorry, I bought the helicopter used.

Can you tell me in what order to place all the spacer, and dampener? Or do you have a picture that I could easily see the order. On Google there is no image of the head disassembled.

Thank you very much and sorry for my bad English, my native language is French.
Old 07-26-2013, 05:30 PM   #5 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location
Default bend feathering shaft trac-x 500

The 4105 is the spacer for the 50/600 sized dampers. The 500 size dampers only need the metal spacers. However, the spacers are supposed to be between the dampers and the blade grips.
Graupner MZ-32

Old 07-26-2013, 05:46 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Which is the best dampener, the stock or green kbdd?
Old 07-26-2013, 11:26 PM   #7 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

The KBDD ones work really well on my Atom 500 and they certainly last a lot longer than stock.
Graupner MZ-32

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in