Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mSR X

mSR X Blade Micro SRX Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2012, 06:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default How do I remove the stock tail motor mount..

I'm going to install the Rakonheli one and I'm thinking it just pulls off but maybe not? Anyone know how to take it off?
SMS2884 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2012, 08:45 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think you need to carefully cut it off the tail with a razor blade. Be very careful not to cut/nick the tail motor wires, but I've read it isn't terribly difficult it you take it slow with a sharp blade.
DVC
RCNet is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2012, 01:22 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

It just pulls off.
Vandal996 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2012, 08:24 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes, it pulls off, no need to cut anything.
DX6i
kfrisbee is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2012, 01:04 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I found where I came across the reference to cutting the tail mount off. It's on the Rakon website under the reviews for the tail mount. http://www.rakonheli.com/rkh/index.p...d=133&Itemid=1

Here's the reference
Quote:
Just like the tail fin this works for both the mSR and also the mCP X. This is the last piece I installed, because I thought I might have to cut the tail motor wires in order to install this piece. Well I was wrong and it ended up being a whole lot easier of a job than I had anticipated.

So how did I do it without cutting wires? As I was looking at the stock motor mount, I found that the hole that the wires run through on the motor mount is fairly large and gives quite a bit of room for you to move the wires to one side so that you can cut through the plastic. You have to be careful when doing this so you don't cut the wire, but after doing it, I was really amazed at how easy it was. literally just make sure the wires are to one side and take a sharp razor and slice right through the whole (tube) that the wires run through. I thought it would be a little work, but I was wrong. The razor cut through the plastic like butter and then all I had to do was pull the motor mount off, with the wires going through the area I just cut. Trust me it was extremely simple and only took me 20 seconds.
So with that said you can easily install the motor mount without having to cut through the wiring. The Rakonheli motor mount already has a slit on the bottom so nothing to do there other than insert wires, insert tail motor use two screws to clamp down and then you're done.
This piece is just once again top notch and really compliments the carbon fiber vertical fin. The aluminum around the tail motor acts as a heat sink for the motor. The mounts are extremely solid and the aluminum is extremely stiff, no softness to it at all even when tightening the screws really tight. One thing I will add and this might seem small to most but it meant a lot to me. The screws are phillips, but one line goes all the way through so a flat head can be used as well. After the many amounts of tiny screws like this I've stripped over the years, it was nice to see the option of using a flat head, so the screws are less likely to strip. It just seems like these parts were really thought out extremely well.
RCNet is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in