Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > SAB Goblin 500/570

SAB Goblin 500/570 SAB Heli Division - Goblin 500/570 Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2013, 01:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default a longterm review of the Goblin 500

I'm sure there are people out there with way more flights on their helicopters than me, but after another sunny day at the field my Goblin 500 logged it's flight number 334 today, and I must say I'm outright shocked on how well this thing is holding up. My intentions when buying the 500 was always to get a cheapish beating machine, so I opted for cheaper electronics as well, going with Align servoes and a Talon 90. I also bought a Ikon, and have this combination has been absoluttely flawless for me, and the combination of a cheaper helicopter that still flies insanly well, and the Ikon's self leveling function means I have been able to fly with much more condifense and allow me to push myself more than normaly. I enjoyed this machine so much I sold of my Trex550 and 600EFL Pro, after just a couple of months with the 500, it had more flight on it than my Trex machines with 2 years worth of history with me had.

So fare the only thing that has needed replacing have been the tailslider pins, they worn down after about 70 flights and caused alot of slope. Luckely Lynx released their metal bellcrank level upgrade, so I installed this and have not had a single issue with it since then. I also got the Lynx DFC head, and have 130 flight on that as well, and have been happy with the increased respons the head is giving.

Still running the original belts and have not replaced a single bearing or balllink. I notice a small amount of play in the balllinks from the DFC head to swash, and the plastice ballinks that goes onto the tail bladegrips are developing some sideways play as well, but so fare nothing demanding a replacement. The belts are showing NO sign of wear at all oddly, and I dont intent to replace them anytime soon from what I can see. My colorscheme tho, seems to have gone from black and yellow to black and white! Comparing it to my friends helicopter with fewer days in the sun, the difference was surprising. The top of the canopy and tailboom is now closer to white than yellow.

I originaly bougt the 500 to be a bridge between the simulator and the Goblin 700, but after seeing how well i flies, I actually prefer to fly the 500 as long as the wind is not a issue. It flies great, seems very very robust in the air and only using 1 pack is a great benefit as well. Overall, this helicopter has turned out to be a huge success for me, so much I'm tempted to get the new 500 combo and get a second. If anyone still on the fence about this great machine, I would highly recommend getting on!

- Lynx Team Pilot -
felborn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2013, 04:12 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yea I haven't got no where near that many flights but I can say I love this heli. Some people I know it seems that every time they talk about the Goblin it's always something bad. It seems the always rag on it about the little small things but they continue to keep it blows my mind.
Old 08-10-2013, 04:34 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

damn I got my heli some month before you and I just got 56 flights on it , must be the rain on my side and maybe your mrs is very nice

nice review
Old 08-11-2013, 06:30 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by felborn View Post
I originaly bougt the 500 to be a bridge between the simulator and the Goblin 700, but after seeing how well i flies, I actually prefer to fly the 500 as long as the wind is not a issue. It flies great, seems very very robust in the air and only using 1 pack is a great benefit as well. Overall, this helicopter has turned out to be a huge success for me, so much I'm tempted to get the new 500 combo and get a second. If anyone still on the fence about this great machine, I would highly recommend getting on!
I was also tempted to get a second G500 to go with my G700, so I did. Grabbed a Combo kit, my current 500 has a HK4015 and Align servos so I should see a bit of a power difference with the Quantum 4020 and BK servos. Should be here soon.

Nearly went for a 770 but decided to wait as I am enjoying the 500 so much.

//Dennis.
Thunder Fighter is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2013, 06:31 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default a longterm review of the Goblin 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Fighter View Post
I was also tempted to get a second G500 to go with my G700, so I did. Grabbed a Combo kit, my current 500 has a HK4015 and Align servos so I should see a bit of a power difference with the Quantum 4020 and BK servos. Should be here soon.

Nearly went for a 770 but decided to wait as I am enjoying the 500 so much.

//Dennis.
OP: Great review on the G500. I also have a G700, but don't fly it nearly the way it should be flown and am looking for that nice transition heli. I also picked up the G500 combo last week and can't wait to get it in the air to fly it harder like I do my T550.
Goblin 500 Sport w/ Xnova/BK/Jive & NEO (rebuilt)
dominoedge is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-2013, 02:24 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragge1 View Post
damn I got my heli some month before you and I just got 56 flights on it , must be the rain on my side and maybe your mrs is very nice

nice review
yes,he has a very very kind lady, who lets him fly so much
tesa1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in