Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mCP X

mCP X Blade Micro CPx Helicopters Information and Help

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2011, 07:41 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Buy spares, or just buy another heli for parts.

Title sez it all.
I need a frame, and feathering shaft and blades, and my canopy is looking kinda rough.
Although I'm going brushless, I will eventually need a tail motor as well, and possibly a servo in the future.

Parts for this puppy are kinda high and I was thinking of getting another just for spares... thoughts?
Advertisement

Old 08-08-2011, 07:49 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Well

I have a good supply of extra parts since we have no LHS. I have well over 100 flights and lots of crashes and all I've changed is main gear, main shaft, links, and tail boom. And I'm on my 3rd main motor. With a solid CF boom I have not had any boom problems and with links tied together with thread I have not lost one. I having a little tail wag and figure the motor is getting weak so that may be next.

So the first part to keep in stock for me is main motors

Just buy parts
d12bn is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 08-08-2011, 07:52 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael503 View Post
Title sez it all.
I need a frame, and feathering shaft and blades, and my canopy is looking kinda rough.
Although I'm going brushless, I will eventually need a tail motor as well, and possibly a servo in the future.

Parts for this puppy are kinda high and I was thinking of getting another just for spares... thoughts?
Was thinking the same when I go BL. I was either going to just buy another 3 in 1 and the servos, but then got me thinking for an extra 30 or so dollars, get another one.
Old 08-08-2011, 09:27 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I go with spares.

Some parts break frequently.

Some last much longer than others.

Some are still original.

Maybe the answer should be..get two, try to keep them both flying, so while you are waiting for parts, at least you have one flyable heli.
Old 08-08-2011, 09:35 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I myself just got another heli from ebay, luvrc seller for $140.00, needed servos and 3 in 1 board was cheaper to just get whole heli
Blade 180 cfx ,Blade mcpx
Trex 150
superjet112x is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 08-08-2011, 08:15 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default just spares

I bought a 2nd one thinking I'd need it for spares.

Turns out, it just collected dust. The only things I've broken are mainshafts, tailbooms, and lost links. Since my flying has improved and I have solid mainshaft and tailboom now, I've not had any breakage. I sold my spare.

(now that I've posted this, I'll break something tomorrow).
InFocus is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 08-08-2011, 09:12 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Thx all, I guess I'll just suck it up and buy what I need.
Old 08-10-2011, 01:45 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I bought a used mCP x on eBay thinking I'd use it for parts. It was fairly cheap and at the time I thought I was going to need a new servo and they were impossible to get.

The problem I've had is the urge to keep both helis flying. I do use bits from the "spare" when I need them, but I am then unable to resist the temptation to buy the parts to repair the spare.

It certainly means I never have downtime waiting for parts, and it also means I have a fully "stock" bird as I fail hopelessly to resist the urge to bling the other one. And when I inevitably go brushless I'll have one to fly while I do the conversion.

So, my advice is, get a second heli if you can identify with the above list of reasons, but unless you have more self-discipline than I have, don't kid yourself you'll be saving any money!
fac13 is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 08-10-2011, 10:48 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by MpVpRb View Post
I
Maybe the answer should be..get two, try to keep them both flying, so while you are waiting for parts, at least you have one flyable heli.
I think that this is the way I'll go. With two mcpx's, and a good supply of batteries, you can fly them back-to-back all day, lol! Flying one while the other one cools down. I'm sure my wife will love and support this idea, lol!

Cheers,
TomC
Now also a FPV addict; Quads and Planes (soon to try heli's!)
TomC is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2011, 07:20 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC View Post
I think that this is the way I'll go. With two mcpx's, and a good supply of batteries, you can fly them back-to-back all day, lol! Flying one while the other one cools down. I'm sure my wife will love and support this idea, lol!

Cheers,
TomC
If it was the only heli I owned, I might. I hvae a range, from micro>700E.

I have decided just to go for spares, as painful as it is, and only as I need them. Most of them are available semi locally, but it is a hassle and a drive to get there.

Thanks for all the advice.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in