Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mSR

mSR Blade (eFlite) Micro SR Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2012, 10:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Help with turns

Hi guys. Total noob here and I'm looking for a little help on what I'm doing wrong. Just started flying the msr and that was a step up from the mcx2. So here's what I got. Making big round about turns to the right in the yard today and the heli seems to want to slide down towards the right into the ground. I'm giving it rudder to bring it around and a little right stick too but it wants to run sideways into the ground. Am I not bring the tail around enough or maybe not enough throttle? I'm sure it's just something small. Thanks for the help
C-VilleDustin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2012, 10:15 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

A lot depends on the forward speed and wind direction. To make a right turn when you have a reasonable forward speed mainly involves applying a little right cyclic to start it off and easing back on any forward cyclic. You'll probably need to add throttle to prevent a slide into the floor, or you may have to cut some if you turn into wind or it'll "balloon" upwards. The tail will pretty much "follow along" without any rudder but if speed is lower you may need to add some, to push the tail round and keep the turn tidy. Practice, practice, practice...if that doesn't work you need more practice!
Buzzfly BE (aka Walkera 4#3B)
wulfrun is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-07-2012, 06:09 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

You don't need much right cyclic once it gets going in a right turn. It will tend to pick up speed and fall easily to the right because of the direction of the rotors and natural assymetry of lift.

Left turns will requre MUCH more left and forward cyclic to maintain momentum.

You're the one in control. It requires constant corrective inputs. These inputs will be different depending on speed and turn direction. Orientation should naturally determine the inputs, but this takes time and practive to develop. You can't just hold a stick position in forward flight and expect a positive outcome. If you let it dive into the ground without any corrective action, that's a problem. Keep the heli close by so you have a clear view of the rotor disk's attitude in flight.

Keep practicing.
hydro_pyro is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-2012, 08:57 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Hello

When I first started flying my MSR and 120SR I found this little video and learned so much!
Specifically Turns.

Hope it helps you as much as it helped me.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ze6ScJhubQA[/ame]
Imzzaudae is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in