Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Beam > BEAM E6

BEAM E6 BEAM E6 Factory Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2015, 09:51 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Last of Beam stock going cheap

Our big retailer in the UK Fast Lad Performance still has some Beam spares and they have put them in their £1.99 bin: http://www.fast-lad.co.uk/store/inde...sort=1a&page=6

Soooo, if you need any small parts it may be worth a look. (scroll about halfway down and the Beam items go for a few pages including E4 parts)
HD Cell 750, RJX Vector, TDR, TDSF, Kasama Dune and Faifa, Minicopter Triabolo 700, Beam Avantgarde, JR E8 leggero, Suzi Laos, Shape 9, Shape S8, Rave 450, TRex 500, Raptor E700, Compass Warp, Steam 700, Spirit, Spartan, Jeti.
trillian is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-28-2015, 05:29 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by trillian View Post
Our big retailer in the UK Fast Lad Performance still has some Beam spares and they have put them in their £1.99 bin: http://www.fast-lad.co.uk/store/inde...sort=1a&page=6

Soooo, if you need any small parts it may be worth a look. (scroll about halfway down and the Beam items go for a few pages including E4 parts)
It happened over here as well. This last month, the 'importer' has had everything for just Au$1.00. I didn't find out till most of the stock was gone.

Seems we now have no other means for parts than to buy off other owners stash or order direct to Hatz until/if such time as another importer comes on board. ... and here was me without hardly any 600 spares i could have done a spend up on. DAMN!!!

:Rant Over:

BH
Old 05-28-2015, 07:09 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Yeah, I guess it just takes all the high viz marketing these days to get the brand out there and there's a lot of competition.

I just had a browse in Fast Lads 'upgrades sale' and got the nice tail lever and slider and a spare main gear.

I haven't been flying my Avantgarde lately as I have been distracted with other helis but I need to get the ESC sorted and fly the three blade setup properly to see if I like it. I really should do something with it seeing as I have all these painted canopies and lots of little spares.
HD Cell 750, RJX Vector, TDR, TDSF, Kasama Dune and Faifa, Minicopter Triabolo 700, Beam Avantgarde, JR E8 leggero, Suzi Laos, Shape 9, Shape S8, Rave 450, TRex 500, Raptor E700, Compass Warp, Steam 700, Spirit, Spartan, Jeti.
Old 07-03-2015, 02:01 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by trillian View Post
Yeah, I guess it just takes all the high viz marketing these days to get the brand out there and there's a lot of competition.

I just had a browse in Fast Lads 'upgrades sale' and got the nice tail lever and slider and a spare main gear.

I haven't been flying my Avantgarde lately as I have been distracted with other helis but I need to get the ESC sorted and fly the three blade setup properly to see if I like it. I really should do something with it seeing as I have all these painted canopies and lots of little spares.
Yes you had better lol. And should the time come to relinquish/sell the 600, pretty please, please touch base with me first? I'm yet to get my Esc as the last piece of the puzzle to get mine airborne, just putting the $$ together is the hard bit.

I thought you already had the JR head and low-speed setup sorted out and was flying it?

BH
Old 07-03-2015, 02:09 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeamHangar View Post

I thought you already had the JR head and low-speed setup sorted out and was flying it?

BH
I flew it once with the blades that came with the head but they're quite small, only 510mm. It was OK but not better than it had been before on two blades.

I then balanced up three Thundertiger 600mm blades and at the same time swapped around some electrics as I was sharing a Jive 80HV with a couple helis at the time and fitted a Hobbywing 70HV with a Gryphon BEC so the Beam would have its own ESC. But when I flew it with the new setup, the ESC was not going anywhere near full throttle for some reason. Sooooooo, I still need to figure out what's up with it or fit a different ESC.

I have two of the Hobbywing 70HVs and they have always been flawless, so I suspect some setting got changed accidentally.
Old 07-04-2015, 09:47 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ohhhh.. ok, once again my bad, and sieve memory. Now you mention it i do recall the blade chat we had.

growing older .....

BH
Old 08-01-2015, 04:02 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Still a supplier in the western world. EU even...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeamHangar View Post
It happened over here as well. This last month, the 'importer' has had everything for just Au$1.00. I didn't find out till most of the stock was gone.

Seems we now have no other means for parts than to buy off other owners stash or order direct to Hatz until/if such time as another importer comes on board. ... and here was me without hardly any 600 spares i could have done a spend up on. DAMN!!!
BH
Hi.
The Danish importer, hobbyfly.com, is still going strong. And if the rest of you
started buying some, he might update his stock faster. I suppose we don't crash a lot.

Cheers
Erik

Last edited by oy2503; 08-02-2015 at 02:18 AM..
oy2503 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2015, 01:02 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nice thought, but i feel the postage to me would negate any benefit of ownership.... looks like i'm hitting the bone yard so to speak, buying from owners over here from there excess stock when they move on from the brand.
Old 04-13-2017, 03:28 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Well, the Danish dealer closed up shop completely some time ago and no one grabbed the Beam ball. I am tempted, but it would require more "mullah" than I have.

So if/when I need spares, I'll buy them here: ercmarket.com in Belgium.

Cheers
Erik
Old 04-13-2017, 05:13 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah looks like hobbyfly.com forwards to hobbyfly.de and they seem to be concentrating on other things, the only kits are a few KDS models.

Last year I ended up buying an entire spare airframe from a friend, and over time I had routinely just bought up any spares going cheap when I saw them. So I'll probably be over-stocked for quite a while.

I even got a pair of new main frame panels and it's quite unlikely those will ever be needed.

Next time I fly it I'll be trying out a pair of SAB 570 blades.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in