Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 450

Blade 450 Blade 450 Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2012, 05:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default A Little Maintenance,Lubing Advice please...

Hi I've searched on here & really didn't get the answers that I need for lubing & caring for my new B450. So here is what I need help with & think uber noob when/if you answer

I bought Triflow oil, Silicone Spray, Lithium Grease & have some 3 in 1 oil too. Would I apply a little triflow oil to the bearing on the main motor ( I can see a bearing when I look inside of it)? I see bearings on the tail too would I put some of that in there too. I'm thinking I could use the silicone spray on the belt to keep it soft. Would I spray it on head parts and such too? Basically anything that moves.....

Should I put a bit of Lithium Grease on the shafts where the swashes move up & down. A guy at my LHS suggested it for thrust bearings which I assume are in the blade grips? I want to try & take good care of this bird as I'm really liking it so far.

I would appreciate any help. I did ask some questions in older threads & got some answers but I think I need some more.

Thalios where is that maintenance sticky you were going to do.....

Thx,

Cam
qcman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-08-2012, 08:40 PM   #2 (permalink)

My HF Map location

I've been slacking a lot lately, I know.

To be honest, kinda lost interest in the B450 for now as once you try FBL, especially on a 500, the b450 feels like trying to keep a marble on top of a bouncing basketball...

And i have a Mini Prôtos on its way for me to test...

But back on topic, you should oil bearings, and put grease wherever there is friction (main shaft, tail slider, etc) and you should put silicon based dry spray lube on the belt every 20 flight sessions or so.
Thalios is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2012, 12:07 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I have been looking around for a PM guide as well. I think all of the information is out there in bits and pieces, just need to do a little extra reading.

Buying the right lubricants is probably the biggest hurdle for most of us noobs. I have motor bearing oil on the way and will probably put that on my other bearings as well.

Sounds like something a little more specialized goes on the tail belt. I need to replace that anyway as it got frayed in a boom strike and I ignored it.
aaronbru is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2012, 05:15 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalios View Post
I've been slacking a lot lately, I know.

To be honest, kinda lost interest in the B450 for now as once you try FBL, especially on a 500, the b450 feels like trying to keep a marble on top of a bouncing basketball...

And i have a Mini Prôtos on its way for me to test...

But back on topic, you should oil bearings, and put grease wherever there is friction (main shaft, tail slider, etc) and you should put silicon based dry spray lube on the belt every 20 flight sessions or so.
Nah you haven't been slacking I was just poking at you a little... But thx I'll do as you say here & see how that fares. The only FBL heli I've flown is a MCPX which flies really nice. The 450 seems pretty nice so far but I "learned" CP on the Blade SR so anything will seem good compared to that.

I may go FBL down the road though.

Cam
Old 05-09-2012, 07:02 PM   #5 (permalink)
Banned User

Scorpion has a really good vid on motor lubrication. I'll have to dig it up. They say all you have to do is hold your heli upside down, put 3 or 4 drops on the pinion teeth and it will drip down and wick into the lower bearing.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRYdArrKMVI[/ame]
kavic5150 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2012, 11:58 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ive been using light viscosity synthetic oil on the swash bearing, main shaft, and tail, but I ordered some Tri-Flow (pinpoint applicator) from HeliDirect today to try out. I am curious to see how it does.

Whatever you use, it is better to use it sparingly and clean & lube more often than to soak it infrequently.
Old 05-10-2012, 06:58 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks for the feedback guys this will help get me going of course as soon as I do some maintenance I'll likely prang it... I have tri-flow too so I'm going to use that & have spray for the belt as Thalios noted.

Cam

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in