Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Mikado Logo Helicopters > Mikado Logo 800 Xxtreme

Mikado Logo 800 Xxtreme Mikado Logo 800 Xxtreme Helicopters Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2014, 09:13 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Lightbulb What size blades do you prefer?

I have been using the Edge 753 blades the entire time that I've owned my 800. Knock on wood I haven't had any accidents ( other than in my early days of flying it) that has caused me to order new blades, but I have been wondering how it would fly and what the difference would be if I switched to the 813's. I finally decided to spend the money and swap out my perfectly good 753's for the 813's. They arrived yesterday so I changed them last night and am getting ready to run to the field and see what they are like.
I was curious what most of you prefer. I don't believe there are many options other than these two sizes but I'd be curious about that as well. I'll post my feelings on the two blade sizes later today.
I'm assuming we are all using the 115 tail blades, but am curious on that as well.

Guy
Logo 800 // Logo 700 12S/14S// Logo 690 // Logo 400 // Mostro 700E's// Whiplash 700E// Gaui NX7 // Gaui NX4 // Gaui X4 // Gaui X3 //Goblin 570 // Trex 250 // TBS Discovery /Naza M2 // Jeti DS-16 // V Control // Jlog // BD3SX// VBar Neo// Lifetime AMA
guyguerra is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2014, 04:24 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thumbs up

I flew 5 sets of batts on the new 813 blades today and the difference from the 753's was stunning to me. It flies much faster and more agile than it did with the 753's. I'll never go back down in blade size on this machine. It's every bit as agile and responsive as my Whiplash or Logo 700 yet it has all the presence of a much larger machine. It's like I got a new heli today that's faster and better than anything I've ever flown, and that's saying a lot since I probably have over 150 flights on it with the 753's. Yeah!
Logo 800 // Logo 700 12S/14S// Logo 690 // Logo 400 // Mostro 700E's// Whiplash 700E// Gaui NX7 // Gaui NX4 // Gaui X4 // Gaui X3 //Goblin 570 // Trex 250 // TBS Discovery /Naza M2 // Jeti DS-16 // V Control // Jlog // BD3SX// VBar Neo// Lifetime AMA
Old 12-24-2014, 06:02 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Never flew others but edge 813mm. If you maintain headspeed from 753 to 813 i believe the difference will be significant.
Old 12-25-2014, 12:28 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi

I am on stock 813s and really loving this heli. When you pitch pump it climbs like a rocket and the sound it makes when upside down and doing a huge half rainbow to upright position is awe inspiring.

Have never flown any other blade size but the 813 size is amazing.

You mention it feels every bit as agile as 700....i only have a 450 to compare....so for interest sake i assume a 700 is size wise more nimble but is there really that much difference between the two sizes for a mere mortal like me that cant even do tick tocks yet?

Thanks in advance and enjoy the new heli lol i swear on this size machine you change the left landing skid pipe and it feels like new machine due to pure size
Chippie13 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2014, 09:11 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ah_liang View Post
Never flew others but edge 813mm. If you maintain headspeed from 753 to 813 i believe the difference will be significant.
Yes I stayed with the same head speeds ( the max from the manual) and I'll never change back! For me I'll always use the 813's now, it is soo much faster.

Hi Chippie, glad to hear your 800 is doing well and your enjoying it. I enjoyed your build videos. Here's a you tube link of one of my first flight with the 813's. I didn't know I was being videoed so it's not very easy to see.

Guy flying logo 800 (6 min 38 sec)
Old 12-28-2014, 05:26 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nice flying although most of the time its barely visible haha

I also love this machine and would never get rid of it.

Glad you liked the build videos even if i have to say so myself everytime i take out the heli for flying and i see the wiring i am glad i took the time to put so much effort into it. I am thinking of doing a follow up on my thread in next few weeks as a "revisit" on what i have picked up in the past few months and +-30 flights i have on it.

This heli is a monster to be enjoyed every possible chance one gets!!!!
Chippie13 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in