Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > nano CP X

nano CP X Blade nano CP X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2013, 06:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Angry Throttle hold unreliable on the Nano CP X?

Hi,

So i had some bad crashes today that were made about 11ty times worse by the throttle hold failing to engage. What usually happens is i see the nano is heading for a tree, or the ground and I hit throttle hold. But instead of the motor cutting out, the motor continues to run and sends the heli full force into the ground. It then flips around on the ground for a few seconds before finally cutting out, probably doing even more damage in the process.

I've read somewhere that lvc might have something to do with this behavior, but it's been happening to me at the beginning of flights as well as the end, and with about a dozen different batteries that were bought at different times.

I've also noticed this behavior with the original msr back in the day. Looks like it's a horizon hobby problem that spans all HH products?

heliface is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2013, 08:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Are you using the stock transmitter? I've heard the TH is pretty dodgy on that.

LVC, once it's started, ignores the throttle channel and just slowly ramps down the power. If you don't manage to land nicely during that, it's going to chicken dance and there's nothing you can do about it. Except for set a timer and never let it get to LVC, it's bad for the batteries anyways to let them get that low.
Old 08-10-2013, 10:12 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoatRider View Post

LVC, once it's started, ignores the throttle channel and just slowly ramps down the power. If you don't manage to land nicely during that, it's going to chicken dance and there's nothing you can do about it. Except for set a timer and never let it get to LVC, it's bad for the batteries anyways to let them get that low.
+1

Phantom 2 Vision and assorted other egg-beaters.
pixeltim is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-10-2013, 10:37 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:

Another +1 to the above. And if you have other than the stock transmitter (ie, dx6i, dx7, etc), I'd check my throttle hold settings first, and if all is well, try a rebind.
65L88 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2013, 12:01 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Omg I started out with the DX4e and the throttle hold is a joke on that!

The amount of parts you will replace due to the th not working will justify a DX6i
vtown nick is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2013, 03:38 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtown nick View Post
Omg I started out with the DX4e and the throttle hold is a joke on that!

The amount of parts you will replace due to the th not working will justify a DX6i
I am indeed using the stock tx. So you've experienced similiar behavior where pushing the th button seems to have no effect?
heliface is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2013, 06:23 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

As I recall, TH doesn't take effect until the button is released on the dx4e. I had a very hard time remembering to release the button in the panic of the impending crash. Pushing it was no problem. The dx6i is much better and really helped my flying.

George
gstoneberg is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2013, 08:52 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by heliface View Post
I am indeed using the stock tx. So you've experienced similiar behavior where pushing the th button seems to have no effect?
Correct, even when I would press and release most of the time it wouldn't work. This tx doesn't have any expo either so when you do flips its all over the place. It's truly night and day a different heli with a computer tx. Plus you can set a timer so you don't kill your lipos
Old 08-11-2013, 10:20 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtown nick View Post
This tx doesn't have any expo either so when you do flips its all over the place.
Actually the DX4e has a mode where you can give it a fixed amount of expo, 25% I think. The directions aren't in the DX4e manual though, they're hidden in the HyperTaxi manual, on page 10:

http://www.horizonhobby.com/pdf/EFLU4780-Manual-EN.pdf
Old 08-11-2013, 02:13 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nice find!
Old 08-18-2013, 01:34 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Actually the DX4e has a mode where you can give it a fixed amount of expo, 25% I think. The directions aren't in the DX4e manual though, they're hidden in the HyperTaxi manual, on page 10:

http://www.horizonhobby.com/pdf/EFLU4780-Manual-EN.pdf
I've never used that radio but adding but not describing a crucial feature of a radio is just plain wrong...... Lol
Old 08-19-2013, 07:13 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

It may not be the TX at all, on my first Nano CPx the main board went bad after only a few flights and had it replaced. After about 2-3 minutes of flight it was still have power but just fall to the ground and main blades would still be going even with TH engaged. Might want to see if the board on yours is bad....
Fragtastic Reef is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in