Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Hirobo Nitro Helicopters

Hirobo Nitro Helicopters Hirobo Freya Evo Eagle Helicopters Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2014, 03:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default sdx flip rate slow?

I am trying to use my sdx to learn some elevator and aileron flips. I have cf paddles on it without any weights and I believe my throws are as far as I can get them. I have digital servos on it but it just wont flip very fast at all. Almost like a tight roll. My head speed is set at 1900. Is there anything I can do to speed this bird up?
thanks
Jeff
jjoos99 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-02-2014, 06:32 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

what holes are you using on the bell-hiller arms? what cf paddles also? i tried a lot of cf paddles on the sdx before and they weren't much (if any) different from the stock paddles. the only cf paddles that made my sdx flip and roll faster compared to the others were rotortech paddles. they look great too
gouki74 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2014, 07:09 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

i also forgot to ask, what blades are you using on your sdx? i have used rotortech 615s, edge 603, aligns and radixSB blades and the radixSB makes it very nimble and fast in flips and rolls radixSB are my favorite blades
Old 08-04-2014, 09:09 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I have both rotortech blades and paddles on my sdx. I checked my throws and while I have it in idle up 2 the swash is moving as far as it is able to. I can actually hear it click at full throw as the swash reaches it's physical limit. Sounds as if blades might be my only option or would a flybarless conversion do the trick?
tks
Jeff
jjoos99 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-04-2014, 09:49 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

i'd go with the blades. radixSB blades are quite hard to find now i think. rotortech blades are quite heavy compared to the radixSB so you will immediately notice the difference between them. if you are using the holes on the bell hiller arms like it says on the manual, you can move both balls one hole to the right and see if that helps. if you can, go for the FBL option and the rotortechs you have on now will work fine with it. you will be able to make it roll or flip a lot faster too
Old 08-26-2014, 04:55 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have an SDX that I converted to electric but the cyclics have always been plenty quick.

A little more headspeed will help. If you can run more like 2000 you'll notice a pretty big difference. If you have an OS50Hyper the max power is developed at 17000 which puts the headspeed at 1954 but I'd generally set the governor to get a headspeed just over 2000 and this way under load it won't drop as far, and hopefully stays within the engine's best powerband.

I have always liked the Hirobo paddles. If you're flying in calm conditions you can run them with only one set of weights and that will give you very quick response.

Blades make a big difference as others have mentioned. I haven't tried the Radix SBs but have always liked the standard Radix 600s. The ThunderTiger 600s and 620s have also worked well.

Lastly, the dampers will make a big difference. The SDX usually comes with quite hard dampers but if they have been changed or have worn then that might be another thing to look at.
HD Cell 750, RJX Vector, TDR, TDSF, Kasama Dune and Faifa, Minicopter Triabolo 700, Beam Avantgarde, JR E8 leggero, Suzi Laos, Shape 9, Shape S8, Rave 450, TRex 500, Raptor E700, Compass Warp, Steam 700, Spirit, Spartan, Jeti.
trillian is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in