Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Futaba Radios and Electronics > Futaba CGY750 FBL System

Futaba CGY750 FBL System Futaba CGY750 Help and features Support Forum

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2016, 04:59 AM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

no problem, for the transmitter open the linkage menu , go to function and scroll down till you get to page 4 , here you assign the switches that you want to use for dg1 and dg2 , i used switch a(SA) for dg1 and switch d(SD) for dg2. then in the cgy s-bus basic menu go to s.busCNB cnd: DG1 which is the last setting before the reset function and change it to DG2 and your done , let me know if you have any problems and i will try and help
Anthony
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2016, 06:27 AM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony1 View Post
no problem, for the transmitter open the linkage menu , go to function and scroll down till you get to page 4 , here you assign the switches that you want to use for dg1 and dg2 , i used switch a(SA) for dg1 and switch d(SD) for dg2. then in the cgy s-bus basic menu go to s.busCNB cnd: DG1 which is the last setting before the reset function and change it to DG2 and your done , let me know if you have any problems and i will try and help
Anthony
Thanks for the reply, question what is DG1/DG2 .
Forza 450: Xnova, CGY 750, 14SG, MKS
rtnaviman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2016, 07:07 AM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

Is the CIU2 the only way to update these still?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtnaviman View Post
Thanks for the reply, question what is DG1/DG2 .
They are digital channels. There are no endpoints to mess with - the DG channels are simply on or off. They're ideal for the Gv on/off switch and the new CONDITION menu.
Old 01-13-2016, 07:45 AM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

dg1 and dg2 are digital switches , they are separate channels on the transmitter but are not proportional like the sliders and knobs just simple on off switches like dual rate switches but are actual channels and don't just affect other channels ,
so in my setup dg1 is used to turn the e-fuel gauge on and off and dg2 is used to switch between conditions(bank switching)
sounds very wordy to me hope it makes sense
Anthony
Old 01-14-2016, 06:54 AM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

So where do I find a good step by step setup instructions? I hate when I miss somthing.
n8rloves2fly is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2016, 09:05 AM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

The manual is really good now. The new firmware eliminates most of the unnecessary stuff, so just go thru the swash and flight tuning menus step-by-step and you should be good.
MikeG4936 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2016, 08:59 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeG4936 View Post
The manual is really good now. The new firmware eliminates most of the unnecessary stuff, so just go thru the swash and flight tuning menus step-by-step and you should be good.
"Should be good" that's like "watch this"
n8rloves2fly is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2016, 11:18 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8rloves2fly View Post
"Should be good" that's like "watch this"
What does that mean? You asked where you can find a step by step guide, and I gave you a good answer. The updated 2.0 instruction manual is a perfect step-by-step guide. Why not just try to follow it and if you have any questions, post them here?
Old 01-18-2016, 05:27 AM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeG4936 View Post
What does that mean? You asked where you can find a step by step guide, and I gave you a good answer. The updated 2.0 instruction manual is a perfect step-by-step guide. Why not just try to follow it and if you have any questions, post them here?
He's joking saying that if you say "it should be good" right before a flight, it's like saying "watch this". In other words, it's doomed to crash
Old 01-19-2016, 09:00 PM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

quick 14sg and cgy question, now that the elevator and aileron have been combined to rotor head gain , 1 function controls both these settings, so in the s bus menu I have this mapped to channel 9 and in the 14sg I have channel 9 controlling gyro 2 which is the named aileron gain , it all seems to work as it should , is this the right way to have it setup .
Anthony
Old 01-20-2016, 02:41 AM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

Theoretically speaking, it shouldn't matter. Presumably now the CGY750 will ignore the other cyclic channel gain. I've not studied the v2 manual yet - does it state to use the AIL gain channel?
Old 01-20-2016, 08:55 AM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

The new firmware uses channel 9 for both ail and ele cyclic gain.
Old 01-20-2016, 02:58 PM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

understood ,I was asking mainly about the transmitter allocation , I'm using gyro 2 but I could assign it to anything, I was thinking that 1 of the auxiliary functions would work too , but how would i make it so that i can adjust it with one of the knobs and see it in the transmitter
Anthony
Old 01-20-2016, 04:18 PM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony1 View Post
understood ,I was asking mainly about the transmitter allocation , I'm using gyro 2 but I could assign it to anything, I was thinking that 1 of the auxiliary functions would work too , but how would i make it so that i can adjust it with one of the knobs and see it in the transmitter
Anthony
What I do is.... go into the Ail Gyro menu, then assign the "Fine Tuning" parameter to the dial. That way, I can keep the base gain number tied to a flight condition, and still make minor adjustments with the dial. Works great for me.
Old 01-21-2016, 05:05 AM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

thats exactly how i did it , just wondering if it was the best way to do it, i did try assigning it to aux1 but then the dial is like a proportional channel and adjusts from -100 to +100 so i guess thats not the right way to do it , i will stick with using the gyro 2 menu. thanks
Anthony
Old 01-24-2016, 07:28 PM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default upgraded firmware to 2.0 and problem...

On collective punchouts, the heli is rolling to the right. In general, the heli feels more squirrelly than it did on 1.4.

It is a 450 frankecopter. I had to bring the swash servo arms in a hole, and I still only get 45 for swash rate at 6 degrees cyclic. Everything else is at defaults, and I am at a loss at what to try next.

Any help would be appreciated.
RotorHeadKen is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2016, 12:35 AM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

OK, now that I've had a chance to get my first heli on CGY750 2.0 tuned and tested - it's review time! Here are some of my thoughts about the latest firmware:

- The new setup process is MUCH more simple. Everything that could be eliminated from the setup process has been... all in all, it is a snap to set up a 750 from scratch now! Props to whoever redid the manual - the setup procedure is nicely outlined in there too...
- The default settings are really good. Everything is snappy and fast, and the baseline gain numbers recommended in the manual are really good starting points. I ended up dialing back my cyclic and rudder D/R just a hair, as well as adding some expo to the tail and removing some expo from the cyclic. It's easy to get it tuned just how you want it when most of the settings are configured right from your transmitter!
- The locked-in feel of the new 2.0 firmware is AMAZING. Everything - and I mean everything, tracks like it is on rails now. Piro pogos are astoundingly straight, big air loops are effortless, and rolls are super axial. This is next-level stuff for sure.
- Piro maneuvers are SO EASY now. Either I've gotten better in the off season (fat chance), or something in this new firmware is making my piro flips look really good. The model follows the sticks so effortlessly now, I am making noticeably fewer corrections mid piro flip to keep it looking good.
- Quick cyclic stabs are nicely dampened now. I used to have a very slight bounce on the elevator axis on 1.4 that I could not tune out. This is now gone in v2.0

Essentially, this is the upgrade is totally worth whatever time you spend going over your CGY setup for your models. It is leaps and bounds over what we've had before, and everyone with a CGY really needs to give it a shot! Thanks to Dr. Ben, Nick Maxwell, and all the good people at Futaba for making the CGY a truly class leading product!
Old 01-26-2016, 12:30 AM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Thanks for the review Mike. I was on the fence about going to 2.0, but after your review, it shall be done.
Old 01-26-2016, 06:17 PM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Talking

Mike,

Lets see a good flight demo, now that you have been inspired and have a better match flight controller to match your already amazing skills.

It's time to show and tell.

Nas,
Nasscar is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2016, 06:28 PM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasscar View Post
Mike,

Lets see a good flight demo, now that you have been inspired and have a better match flight controller to match your already amazing skills.

It's time to show and tell.

Nas,
Amazing flight skills?? Me? I think you must be joking.

Just took off work to go fly on Friday. I'll see what I can do about video...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in