Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Flight Stabilization

Flight Stabilization Flight Stabilization

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2010, 09:25 PM   #21 (permalink)
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by teb1963 View Post
Hi, just FYI the CPII is on 15% off until monday.
as below
keong is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2010, 10:08 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
The CPII's I own have been tested on everything from 450's -700. and never failed to control the big birds, I don't believe many pilots would trust a $2,000.00 - $4,000.00 helicopter with a $100.00 copy of HC, on a 450 sure, why not, cheap enough for repairs.
Im not to be on the CP2 or FM side.I flown both system and happy with it.CP2 was on my Raptor 50 Nitro bird when FM doesn't performed in the first place.But that FM performed very well on my T450 scale body.CP2 needs to flip the switch if you are going inverted where FM doesn't need provided in the Horizontal mode.CP2 react faster to level the pitch in FF when the stick is centre but FM needs some back elev.Both system have their limitation.Problem posted on both systems normally not properly read the manual and understand each menu function and to some extent not even properly understand their radio menu.IMO CP2 is much easier to setup and since it doesn't have any mixer it can be combine with some FBL system.My buddy have tried CP2 with SK-360 and GU-365 with good result.I believe it should work on 3G too.Either CP2 or FM are good for it intended purpose and the choice is yours base on how much you are willing to pay.
wasabro is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2010, 09:43 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

This is not directed solely at n6nev, but to all the posters to this thread who have been dickering about the FM,HC and CPII. It's nice to have an opinion, but man am I tired of all of this! Having three FS8"s, a CPII and just received a FM. Buy what you want and be happy with it, they all do their stated task, clones and copyright issues will always be with us. If you buy an HC 'cause you feel spending $ 600.00 just makes it better, fine. FMA has terrific service, learned when my CPII wouldn't communicate with sensor. I have found the FM to be worth the money but that was not my reason for purchase. You can't get away from these copying issues, besides, who's to say KDS didn't devise their own firmware? Face it, like my daddy always told me (WWII B-29 pilot,,,,, 25 missions over Japan) , we lost the war to the Asians and they are still kicking our ass!!! If we stop buying from them, will it fix the trade defecit? Pick one, make your purchase and live with it. IMHO. Also, if you have a 4000 dollar heli, buy some lessons, and quit bitchin' about a cheat that none of us should need and did well without in the past...

Last edited by chuter1; 02-07-2010 at 11:14 PM.. Reason: spelling
chuter1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2010, 10:44 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

I enjoy the discussion, thats how I learn about new products.............Larry
Old 02-08-2010, 02:07 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Also, if you have a 4000 dollar heli, buy some lessons, and quit bitchin' about a cheat that none of us should need and did well without in the past...

Try that to the guys over on AP, their not real big on lawn darting a bird carrying a camera worth $2,000.00 - $5,000.00 along with a couple of $$$ worth of AP helicopter.

Purchase and use what you feel best with, and leave it as such

nightflyr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-08-2010, 05:34 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

I own 3 FM and 1 CPII both good CPII is useless in overcast day and if you fly in place where the horizon is not clearly visible tall trees, buildings etc. also need separate gyro FM have other problems such as Vista compatibility and few other I prefer FM. Low price and great performance in my case.
rchelirookie is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-08-2010, 09:48 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

"quit bitchin' about a cheat that none of us should need and did well without in the past"..!!!!!.In the 70's there were no gyros I guess the same mind set happened then also.. they were tough to fly and I gave up. and went back to planks....Larry
Old 02-08-2010, 10:20 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sorry, Didn't mean to sound so headstrong fellas. My reason for a "crutch", why I'm just a lousy pilot, but I get to test devices like these for possible recommendation and sale in my LHS. The almost anal argueing drives me crazy sometimes. Remember, change means it's different, not necessarily an improvement....
chuter1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2010, 05:54 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think the main reason I got a CPII was curiosity. I learnt flying on the basis that one has to be in charge of the bird and not visa versa.

I have read quite a lot about these devices over time and got interested in the various technologies and as I am a sucker for toys anyway I made the decision to purchase. The second reason was since I want to enjoy this hobby and no matter how well your bird is set up if you have an itch, have to swat a fly or take your attention away for a breif second you risk crashing.

So in the hope of making the hobby more enjoyable and relaxing and not having to spend every second in the air under high intensity I thought to investigate for myself whether such an addition will contribute to my enjoyment and peace of mind.

Now to how I chose which system to get, well didn't want to get the most expensive in case I might decide it was not suitable and want to ditch it, nor did I want to go for the cheapest in case I miss on all the fun. I picked the CPII purely because posts read good and a few peeps here sort of recommended it.

I am still in the stages of setting the thing up or fine tunning, but on the only clear day I got since installation I did get a few good hands free moments before my fingers froze up and since consecutive days here are currently overcast, will have to be patient.
pril250 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2010, 06:12 AM   #30 (permalink)

hi guys,...basically which one is better for beginner? FM or CP II ...seems there's mixed reviews..

i am staying in high mountainous area, raining 8 out of 12 months a year..

for FM there's no overcast issue?..

is setting up FM hard and complicated?

after looking and some reviews on CPII i may drop the idea of getting it..and seen the crash of the link, its scary..
Old 02-09-2010, 06:21 AM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by keong View Post
hi guys,...basically which one is better for beginner? FM or CP II ...seems there's mixed reviews..

after looking and some reviews on CPII i may drop the idea of getting it..and seen the crash of the link, its scary..
There is no proof that the CPII was the cause of that..even the person who video tape the flight attested to that

Old 02-09-2010, 06:22 AM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

I guess FM is the one for you.
Old 02-09-2010, 06:50 AM   #33 (permalink)

but i read , setting up FM is tricky where setting up a CPII is easier?

or both same?

Night...what is your choice ?
Old 02-09-2010, 08:18 AM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
but i read , setting up FM is tricky where setting up a CPII is easier?

or both same?

Night...what is your choice ?
Keep in mind I do not fly with any of my flight systems on......My choice for reasons of flexibility and system integration along with being capable of controlling 600 + class helicopters is the CPII
Many will argue this, I have flown both and prefer the CPII due to the fact it serves my purposes where FM due to internal mixing can not be made to function the way I need it to to blend with a FBL system.

As to your surroundings, that can only befound out by tested a CPII to see if it will perform for you

Old 02-09-2010, 08:38 AM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflyr View Post
There is no proof that the CPII was the cause of that..even the person who video tape the flight attested to that
Well I can tell you that not more than 15 mind ago I went out to the back yard to test a few things, the rex600n was sitting on the grass at idle with the CPII switched on and as I throttled up for a hover and even before it got light on its skids the thing tipped to the right and the blades just dug themselves into the mud. Luckily there was no damage to the heli that couldn't be cured with some cleaning I hope, still have to check the feathring shaft, but WTF?
Old 02-09-2010, 08:39 AM   #36 (permalink)

Keep in mind I do not fly with any of my flight systems on......My choice for r

what does that mean Night..
Old 02-09-2010, 08:46 AM   #37 (permalink)

pril250..how hard is to set a FM ?

how long does i need to take from Box to flight..?

some good comments from CPII though

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvMgkC6qg_8&feature=related[/ame]

cheers mate
Old 02-09-2010, 08:48 AM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Keep in mind I do not fly with any of my flight systems on......My choice for r

what does that mean Night..
I have them installed but only use them when I experiment ( matching stabilization systems with FBL systems ) with the rush for pilots to jump on the flybarless wagon..only makes sense to workout the tweaks for a FBL stabilization system

Old 02-09-2010, 08:59 AM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by pril250 View Post
Well I can tell you that not more than 15 mind ago I went out to the back yard to test a few things, the rex600n was sitting on the grass at idle with the CPII switched on and as I throttled up for a hover and even before it got light on its skids the thing tipped to the right and the blades just dug themselves into the mud. Luckily there was no damage to the heli that couldn't be cured with some cleaning I hope, still have to check the feathring shaft, but WTF?
Nitro birds require special attention as to where to place the sensors so not to pick up the heat signature of the motor or muffler..also to keep the exhaust away from the sensor windows....
also the weather conditons....

Old 02-09-2010, 09:05 AM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
pril250..how hard is to set a FM ?

how long does i need to take from Box to flight..?

some good comments from CPII though

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvMgk...eature=related

cheers mate
Hi
No experience with FM, CPII from box to fly depending on heli, mine took maybe 2 houres, should be faster on a 450 heli, but I am still trying to set the angles perfect but the weather is playing with me.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in