Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > HBFP V1/V2

HBFP V1/V2 E-Sky Honey Bee V1 & V2 Fixed Pitch

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2012, 11:46 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default My 1st rolls!

At the end of the fly-in i organized this past saturday i threw down my 1st rolls on a CP heli! Just said "WTF!" and went for it..had been on the sim earlier in the week trying it out..i can do almost anything in the sim..just haven't had the stones to try it for real It also proved to me i need more headspeed and pitch too lol!

But

Video...rolls are near the end...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AumB6G4RmQk[/ame]

yeah baby!!!

Dan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-17-2012, 01:31 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Congrats Dan!!
Old 09-17-2012, 01:45 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldladypilot View Post
Congrats Dan!!
thanks!! my buddy who i basicially taught to program his heli and never flew idel up till he met me is now doing flips and stuff with his 500..and i couldn't take not doing something with him around

so psyched i did it..too bad the video kinda sucks...
Old 09-17-2012, 07:29 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Wow! Nice flying. Maybe now I can work up the nerve to try something similar.
boykintom is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2012, 07:49 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Now your ready to do flips ...................Where do you fly?
My wife is buggin' me, I'm going outside to ...... AMA #1037635
joyd69 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2012, 09:22 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyd69 View Post
Now your ready to do flips ...................Where do you fly?
they are next on the list! I live in Southern Maryland..Lexington Park..by the Pax river Naval Base...bunch of places i fly here and up in Waldorf...where are you?

Dan
Old 09-18-2012, 07:27 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Nice m8.....never yet got my helis upside down.....skids always closest to the ground is my plan...lol.
Old 09-18-2012, 08:00 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Warmwater View Post
Nice m8.....never yet got my helis upside down.....skids always closest to the ground is my plan...lol.

The only time before this i got mine upside down was not on purpose and it ended in a crash

i've been very hesitant to try anything..the circumstances were just right..i had practiced it (thank you Phoenix Simulator!!) it was a 450 of mine (and i have 3 flying now) and this was my end of the year fly-in..so got all winter to rebuild it lol! I had mentored a friend a bunch this year about his flying...got him to get a good radio...taught him some programming stuff..and got him to try idle up...he then blew past me in flying real quick...but he tries to fly like every 3 days..and has like 4 500's and a mountain of spare parts..so he doesn't care if he crashes...and that no fear deal has let him progress way faster than me...the time and effort i've put into building stuff has kept me from really going hard and just going for it..and with limited funds a good crash means i'm out of flying for a bit...

so this time was just right..evne i'm amazed i pulled it off....glad i finally did it! I'm hoping by next year to have done more and thrown another one or 2 manuvers into it....i still suck at nose in...and invert even on the sim is like a disaster lol!
Old 07-08-2013, 07:52 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by JettaManDan View Post
they are next on the list! I live in Southern Maryland..Lexington Park..by the Pax river Naval Base...bunch of places i fly here and up in Waldorf...where are you?

Dan
Where in Waldorf do you fly, I'm in Hughesville.
NinjaPlease is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-09-2013, 08:24 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPlease View Post
Where in Waldorf do you fly, I'm in Hughesville.
do some flying at the Blue Crabs baseball stadium from time to time...do most of my flying where i live in lexington park...
Old 07-09-2013, 09:14 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

that was awesome Dan! congratulations
spoonerrw is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-09-2013, 03:38 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoonerrw View Post
that was awesome Dan! congratulations
heh..thanks..was last year.....haven't had much time to take my heli's out this year yet....sold one of my radios and have had to re-set up most of them on a new radio...so taking some time to sort it all out....will try again at some point...
Old 07-09-2013, 11:48 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

i guess im a day late and a dollar short, lol... didnt realize what the date was . still... it was awesome and i enjoyed seeing it . i have been working on flips and rolls with my mcpx2 on the sim, but not quite yet ready to give it a try for real. im having too much fun zipping around my flying area with it and learning collective management .
spoonerrw is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-10-2013, 03:22 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoonerrw View Post
i guess im a day late and a dollar short, lol... didnt realize what the date was . still... it was awesome and i enjoyed seeing it . i have been working on flips and rolls with my mcpx2 on the sim, but not quite yet ready to give it a try for real. im having too much fun zipping around my flying area with it and learning collective management .

it's hard..i can do all kinds of stuff on the sim..but when it comes to real life and real $$...well....i'm chicken....really i am...the rolls were just the last GTG i had last year with a whole winter ahead to rebuild it if i crashed it...lol! thankfully i didn't....been busy chasing my 4 year old around so time has been short to practice in the real world..i may try them again....i need to do a flip at some point too....what i really need is a better tail gyro..well 6 really! lol!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in