Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Compass Helicopters > Compass 7HV, 7HVU and Chronos

Compass 7HV, 7HVU and Chronos Compass Compass 7HV, 7HVU and Chronos Model Helicopter Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2015, 04:59 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Vbar Neo Cyclic too low

Hey guys I have just finished setting up my compass chronos but could only get 69 at 8 degrees pitch for cyclic in the vbar setup when it recommends 80-110. It seemed to fly ok but I'm not sure how the chronos should feel and I've only flown a trex 600 before this. Will this make a big difference in the way the heli flies having such a low figure? I have SAB servo horns on rjx servos on the inner hole of 15mm like the manual recommends. What should I do to get the cyclic figure higher? Thanks.
jgern is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-21-2015, 05:34 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Will changing the swash link lengths help?
Pyro 750-56XL, Kosmik 200, Nano-Tech 12s 3300mah, Vbar Neo Citizen764
Old 12-21-2015, 10:45 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I would think the only way to get closer to the right number would be with even shorter servo arms, but I'm not sure that's the right solution. Is it in the right range for collective?
RCHN #232
quinn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-22-2015, 04:56 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by quinn View Post
I would think the only way to get closer to the right number would be with even shorter servo arms, but I'm not sure that's the right solution. Is it in the right range for collective?
Yes the collective is 85 pos and 86 negative. In the forum here they said to only use the 15mm hole as the geometry for the chronos is designed off that measurement.
Old 12-22-2015, 06:19 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hopefully Rob43 would chime in... I am almost sure he has Vbar on his Chronos which according to him flies really well.
Old 12-22-2015, 08:00 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have a neo on mine and it flies awesome. I can post my setup later today. If you want to PM me, we can do a skype call and go over the setup if you would like.
KenM is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2015, 03:10 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenM View Post
I have a neo on mine and it flies awesome. I can post my setup later today. If you want to PM me, we can do a skype call and go over the setup if you would like.
Hey thanks KenM could you post that and give me your swash link lengths from end to end.
Old 12-23-2015, 11:49 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Indeed, I do fly Vbar on my Chronos. Indeed it does fly superbly. Not sure if Neo is identical in this regard or not, though. I've used the Secraft 15mm arms with Futaba BLS253 servos, and had 86 cyclic, and 102 for pitch (+/-13.5). It likely has something to do with the cyclic servos if this is low value is happening. I've seen that some servos travel further in their sweep than others. I just replaced my Futabas with ProModeler (using the same Secraft 15mm horns) and recall no excessively low values for cyclic. For some dumbass reason, I failed to save my new settings with ProModelers. I am soon to do Vbar Control setup with the same Silverline Vbar, however.
Old 12-23-2015, 02:02 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Here is my setup:
I'm flying Xnova 4530 500kv 13 tooth pinion
Castle 160HV with fan
Futaba bls255hv cyclic servos
Neo settings:
Main Rotor:
Style = 60 Agility = 100 Gyro Gain = 70
Tail Rotor:
Yaw Rate = 100 Gyro Gain = 70
Governor
Gain = 25 all banks I'm running 1700, 1960, 2160 (not needed but fun)

Max Pos Pitch = 83 and is 12deg
Max Neg Pitch = 96 and is 12.5 deg

Cyclic = 86

Tail CCW = 86 CW = 118

Gear Ratio is 9.769
Sensor Config = 5

Swash link lengths from outside end to outside end = 78.15mm shortest and 78.28 longest.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you need anything else.
KenM is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2015, 05:14 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks so much everyone. So helpful! Ill run a mechanical setup again and if its no good ill be swapping the rjx out for some futabas
Old 12-24-2015, 08:05 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

You still didn't indicate your blades and rotor speeds. This is key. You can expect to do fine with tail blades less than 110 mm if main rotor speed is greater than 2000. Lower speeds require greater tail blades.
Old 12-24-2015, 09:53 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob43 View Post
You still didn't indicate your blades and rotor speeds. This is key. You can expect to do fine with tail blades less than 110 mm if main rotor speed is greater than 2000. Lower speeds require greater tail blades.
I think you might have your threads mixed up, was that meant for the tail stall thread?
RCHN #232
quinn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-24-2015, 11:13 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I have a neo with mks x6. flys great. i can post my settings if need me to.
Old 12-26-2015, 09:09 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by quinn View Post
I think you might have your threads mixed up, was that meant for the tail stall thread?
Indeed I did. Hahahhahahahahah. My bad. Sorry.
Old 01-06-2016, 04:01 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for the help. I got the figure up to 75.
Old 03-11-2016, 03:34 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Installing VBAR Neo vlink on Chronos

Tried to install NEO Vbar at the rear platform with the V shape plastic "straw" like guides for the 2 antennas and no matter how much to the rear of the platform I mount the V-share, the Chronos canopy cannot be fit as it hits on the V-share plastic guides.

Has anyone installed the NEO vlink antenna without the V-shape plastic "straw" like guides? Will there be any issue with signal quality?

Also, the Vlink guide version for the tail boom falls to far away from the NEO unit so this is not an option.

Thx!
Old 03-11-2016, 04:34 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8n View Post
Tried to install NEO Vbar at the rear platform with the V shape plastic "straw" like guides for the 2 antennas and no matter how much to the rear of the platform I mount the V-share, the Chronos canopy cannot be fit as it hits on the V-share plastic guides.

Has anyone installed the NEO vlink antenna without the V-shape plastic "straw" like guides? Will there be any issue with signal quality?

Also, the Vlink guide version for the tail boom falls to far away from the NEO unit so this is not an option.

Thx!
Hey mate post this in the main Chronos area with its own title. People will see it then.
Old 03-11-2016, 08:08 PM   #18 (permalink)
RAM
Registered Users

This is not exactly what your asking but it's close. I used 2 JR antenna holders (part# JRP970189) to route the wires under the canopy and it works just fine. I orignially tried the Mikado antenna guide and ran into the same problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8n View Post

Thx!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3558.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	141.0 KB
ID:	640179   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3559.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	147.6 KB
ID:	640180  

Rage RC Field Rep
RAM is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-04-2016, 02:36 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Chronos collective travel at end of NEO max collective range and -8 in cyclic throw

I am setting up NEO with my Chronos.
Although my geometry is as per Compass manual specs with seacraft servo links with 15mm distance, in order to get
+12 pitch I need to have max pos collective = 114
-11.5 pitch I need to have max neg collective = 120
Those numbers are really to the limits of the Vbar NEO ranges, so is it safe to fly with those numbers?

Also, when I set the 8 degree cyclic, I get -8 degrees with 111 set in the cyclic throw slider of NEO. According to the screenshot the collective appears +8 (positive pitch) whereas my collective is -8, although my servo and swash plate moves are as expected .

Any hint?

Thank you very much

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in