Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 130X

130X Blade 130X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2012, 11:11 AM   #381 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydekay View Post
Oh, after looking at the urls Product ID, I think you meant to link to this: http://spektrumrc.com/Products/Defau...rodID=SPMA3060
Nice! Definitely add one of those to my toys.
koko76 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2012, 11:14 AM   #382 (permalink)
Registered Users

Shaweet!!!
Old 04-19-2012, 11:24 AM   #383 (permalink)
Registered Users

As i know this USB thing for activate or setting the Airplane 3in1 board with AS3X technology. I dunno is it suitable mcpx or blade helis because we don't have the plug in our AS3X heli board...
opps is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2012, 02:09 PM   #384 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by opps View Post
As i know this USB thing for activate or setting the Airplane 3in1 board with AS3X technology. I dunno is it suitable mcpx or blade helis because we don't have the plug in our AS3X heli board...
Seems like you are correct! At the same page there is a window with "used in" item. And some board is shown there, no any helis! But it could be nice, if it was true! This could leave all competitors far behind!

Mmm... Did I just invented something?
STAZZ is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2012, 05:01 PM   #385 (permalink)
Registered Users

That would be nice to personal it however we wanted

Epoweredrc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2012, 07:57 PM   #386 (permalink)
Registered Users

take a look at this one

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9LpTnRoxV8&feature=relmfu[/ame]
Old 04-20-2012, 09:12 PM   #387 (permalink)
Registered Users

That video almost turned me off of the 130. With the combination of how small it is with how fast it is, it looks like it'd be super hard to see. Impressive flying though.
tyoung560 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2012, 11:29 PM   #388 (permalink)
Registered Users

for sure you are not for the market for this heli, this is a 3d pilots dream since ever.
I dont know why people that dont even do inverted flying would like to have a heli like this when there are still lots of helis that are far away from their learning curve like the mcpx, not saying noobs will not like this new 130x, i think they will for sure, but the thing is 130x im sure was it designed for 3d pilots wanting their dream heli, when the mcpx was released i was about to get it, but thinking it wasnt goin to do real rainbows and tic tocs, smack, just stopped me cuz i know it was goin to be boring for me after a week, now for sure without a doubt i will be getting this 130x
Old 04-21-2012, 12:04 AM   #389 (permalink)
Registered Users

I talked to Horizon on the phone about this heli. The weight to power ratio is SICK! This video shows the speed and agility of this chopper! For 3D yeah this is a great heli, but for scale pilots like me this heli is also a dream come true! This heli will have the lift power to handle any CX2 body with slight modding. CX2 already has scale fuges from Horizon and a slew of other manufacturers make nice CX2 bodies. That means I can have anything from a Seahawk to an Airwolf frame, or something commercial like MD500 or JetRanger. I will not have to worry about the weight messing with flight characteristics or about the flybar enhancing extreme pendulum affects from the added weight either!

Here is a video of my 120sr with a modded Nine Eagles body. You can see it is squirrelly from dealing with added weight. It also has a slight problem holding the tail from using the higher RPMs needed on the main rotor to maintain good lift. With the new torque tube tail, I will not have to worry about drifting or tail blowout!.....

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ut78BNtsjo[/ame]

I am super excited about buying one if not 2 of these for some nice scale builds!
Blade CX3/UMX Beast/HK J3cub/Champ
Mr.Firemouth is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2012, 12:09 PM   #390 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am pretty much sold on the 130X, if I could just see a video demonstrating smooth controlled flight as a real heli would, in mild wind conditions. (I realize that strong wind would be too much for a small heli this size, regardless of the brilliance of the design) Please supply said video while I still have some disposable petty cash at this time !!

Last edited by TravisBean; 04-21-2012 at 02:20 PM..
TravisBean is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2012, 02:19 PM   #391 (permalink)
Registered Users

It will fly smoother and more controlled than an mCP which can be flown very smoothly and controlled (at least in my experience) and having more mass it should handle more wind than the mCP which can handle a good amount of wind...if you know how to fly that is.
Old 04-21-2012, 06:01 PM   #392 (permalink)
Registered Users

I can fly a msr and a V120D01 very well. The 130x would be my first CP.
Old 04-21-2012, 09:25 PM   #393 (permalink)
Registered Users

You got a sim? If not you might want an mCP to start with.
Old 04-21-2012, 10:21 PM   #394 (permalink)
Registered Users

In addition to 2 V120D01's, a Comanche 66, a msr, a S107, and a mcx, I feel as if I'm ready for the real thing.
The V120D01 was good sim practice. A RTF mcpx is about 60% the cost of a 130x/DX6i combo.

Edit: Actually I've narrowed it down to a 130X, V120D02S, or a V400D02.
I think the V400D02 would make a good CP trainer, but would require trips to the ball-park, whereas the 130x and V120D02S could be flown in my yard area.
Old 04-21-2012, 10:28 PM   #395 (permalink)
Registered Users

As long as you can fly the 120 CP's then you should be good. If you crash them often then an mCP would be a less stressful way to learn and then progress to this guy. If I didn't have a sim I probably woulda quit a long time ago but thankfully I had it for 3-4 months before the SR came out so once it was released I basically knew how to fly and progressed relatively painlessly.

Edit: Wait, I thought the 120d01 was a CP?? Damn Walkera and there illogical nomenclature. I'd still recommend an mCP as a first CP.
Old 04-21-2012, 10:34 PM   #396 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojappa View Post
As long as you can fly the 120 CP's then you should be good. If you crash them often then an mCP would be a less stressful way to learn and then progress to this guy. If I didn't have a sim I probably woulda quit a long time ago but thankfully I had it for 3-4 months before the SR came out so once it was released I basically knew how to fly and progressed relatively painlessly.
I really need to Sim more.
litehawkdown is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2012, 12:09 AM   #397 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisBean View Post
In addition to 2 V120D01's, a Comanche 66, a msr, a S107, and a mcx, I feel as if I'm ready for the real thing.
The V120D01 was good sim practice. A RTF mcpx is about 60% the cost of a 130x/DX6i combo.

Edit: Actually I've narrowed it down to a 130X, V120D02S, or a V400D02.
I think the V400D02 would make a good CP trainer, but would require trips to the ball-park, whereas the 130x and V120D02S could be flown in my yard area.
I'm not a brand loyal person but because my controller is spektrum(dx8) I tend to buy stuff that can bind to it... what I'm getting at is if your concerend about price why not just get the V120D02S ... if it binds to a walkera controller you currently have... also I know nothing about walkera because they don't seem to like the U.S.(no LHS has ever mentioned them ot me) and they were to confusing to start with... also looks like they partially stumped Mojappa and 1+ on that there confusing and if you gonna get a dx6i get a mcpx... cause it rocks! and a 130x!
BurritoSnake is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2012, 10:15 AM   #398 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurritoSnake View Post
I'm not a brand loyal person but because my controller is spektrum(dx8) I tend to buy stuff that can bind to it... what I'm getting at is if your concerend about price why not just get the V120D02S ... if it binds to a walkera controller you currently have... also I know nothing about walkera because they don't seem to like the U.S.(no LHS has ever mentioned them ot me) and they were to confusing to start with... also looks like they partially stumped Mojappa and 1+ on that there confusing and if you gonna get a dx6i get a mcpx... cause it rocks! and a 130x!
The 4 channel Walkera 2403 Tx that I already have won't bind to a V120D02S or V400D02. If I purchased a RTF V120D02S with a Devo 7 TX for $270, I could then purchase all the other BNF Walkera Models. If I purchased a 130x/DX6i combo for about $370, I could then get all the other Blade BNF later on.
I'm leaning towards the Blade products because I've heard so many good things about the DX6i.
But on the other hand, I've got to mention that I really love the V120D01. The only problem is that it's allergic to wind. Choices, choices. Too many choices.
Old 04-22-2012, 10:43 AM   #399 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
The 4 channel Walkera 2403 Tx that I already have won't bind to a V120D02S or V400D02. If I purchased a RTF V120D02S with a Devo 7 TX for $270, I could then purchase all the other BNF Walkera Models. If I purchased a 130x/DX6i combo for about $370, I could then get all the other Blade BNF later on.
I'm leaning towards the Blade products because I've heard so many good things about the DX6i.
But on the other hand, I've got to mention that I really love the V120D01. The only problem is that it's allergic to wind. Choices, choices. Too many choices.
Hi there. I have both blade products and bought the v120D02s RTF. I will say I was going to buy a second v120d02s until I learned about the 130x. I think they will both be great birds. The walkera has been flawless for about 75 flights and took a major crash and hard landing without damage. That said it is a little under powered for heavy 3d but I am not there yet. It does handle wind very well and I can't tell you how many times I have finished flying and said "what an amazing heli". I do miss the local hobby shop support but I think which is better really won't be known until the 130x release. Though the videos look promising for the 130x. Also blade has amazing customer service so they normally get my bucks through that.
Krea is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2012, 06:59 AM   #400 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
The V120D02S is strictly an intermediate level heli. It won't be able to do advanced 3D like the 130X, not that it matters to the vast majority of fliers. It does have two teething problems with easilty stripped tail gears and servos. It seems that the linear servos of the 130X will be highly resistant to stripping. It is also possible that Blade has mare some improvements in the TT design that the tail gears are less likely to strip.

Looking at the exploded diagram of the 130X, it seems to be much less "plug n play" than the MCPx or even the V120D02S. For a start, the main frame is in 2 pieces. The 2S configuration means that the head speed will probably be significantly higher than the V120D02S. Therefore, it is best to wait for more user feed backs on the 130X before deciding. I was using the V120D02S to learn basic 3D had to switch to the MCPx when I was going through up to $100 in parts per week. To my surprise, the cost of running the stock MCPx was not that much lower because the prices of parts are much more expensive. Still, I like the fact that it is much more plug n play than Walkera and thus most repairs can be carried out at the flying field.
zadaw is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in