Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Bergen R/C Helicopters

Bergen R/C Helicopters Bergen Intrepid 90 Intrepid Turbine Observer Industrial Twin Observer Turbine Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2007, 08:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Talking Having a Great Weekend Flying

It's been great flying this weekend. Finally got the Turbine dialed in, at least I think it's OK. JC helped me on Saturday and Sunday working the tach while I chased first throttle curves only to discover when I had the normal curve good that the pitch curve was way off. Reset the pitch curve and then back to throttle curves. Looks like the Turbine likes a headspeed of 1400 in normal and 1630 in idle up. Seems to run real smooth there, no vibes. I'm glad JC had the patience to stay with me getting the throttle curve set up. At least he got to burn some electrons on his T-Rexs.

The Gasser is flying great and I finally got the nerve up to attempt loops again. After a few really crappy ones, they were classic 9's not loops, I was able to get a few god ones. Saturday we had strong winds that helped the loops but made for a few interesting attitudes coming out of the loops. Sunday there was barely a breeze and flying was great. Loops were again getting better, but it still makes me nervous when bringing it around. It's a good thing it's big so I can see it way up there. I make it a habit to make the ground work really hard to snatch up the bird.

One more day to play, but I need to buy 3 gallons of Kero so I can continue to fly the Turbine. I'll also give the gasser a work out again if I feel good and teh wind is coming from teh right direction. Heck, if the turbine is flying right maybe I'll put it up at 1,000 feet and try a loop. I'm still chicken to try a roll.

Hope everyone has had a great weekend flying.
Lou
www.circlecityhelis.com
lperagallo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-03-2007, 07:14 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Lou
Glad the turbine and gasser are all dialed in now ... and glad you found the cahounas to do the loop thing again
I have a bunch of pinics to go to ,,so Sun and Mon are out for flying ,,but the weather is nice and I am just enjoying being with family and friends in such nice weather.
Larry
v22chap is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2007, 11:42 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Had another great morning of flying the Gasser and Turbine. The Turbine is still running good, although I had to play with the head speed a point on the curve again. It really is sensitive to certain speeds and it doesn't really like 1650 or above. It does do very well at 1580 - 1590 and 1,410. It was hot this morning so I guess that effected it a bit. I also discovered how badly I set the tail up. I noticed a hot tail servo so I went into normal and watched the tail go right very quickly. I landed and got it almost dialed in perfectly. I'll work on that some more during the week.

The Gasser is running great so I put the governor back on and I am runing 1550 and 1700 head speed. I guess I'll need to start learning about channel mixing. As I was doing loops I noticed that I'd start in one direction and come out in another. It appears I need to add some right cyclic as I add collective to keep it flying straight. I notice in level flight that it has a tendency to turn left without rudder even though at hover it's trimmed out perfectly and hands off hover is steady. I guess I'll add in some right cyclic in ST-1 as I increase collective.

I have a DX7 and if anyone has done some mixing, I'd be happy to hear what you did.

Have a great Labor Day,

Lou
www.circlecityhelis.com
lperagallo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2007, 12:34 PM   #4 (permalink)
JC
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by lperagallo View Post
Saturday we had strong winds that helped the loops but made for a few interesting attitudes coming out of the loops.
You were doing fine with looping those big birds. At least from what I saw.
Strong winds + T-rex450 + Low experience = Oh Crap!

Lou, I had fun helping you out on Sat/Sun.
Thanks for letting such a low timer fly (well, hover) your gasser. I think I told Lou after I flew it how many flights I had. :mrgreen:

Let me know next time you go out.

Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?
JC is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in