Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Contest Flying

Contest Flying Contest Flying F3C/AMA

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2011, 01:07 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Blitz-Avro 90- on the way!

I decided to jump in. I bought a Blitz-Avro 90 kit and have started to put together components. All my practice has been with my T-Rex 700N and anxious to try a dedicated F3C machine. I'l be using Futaba S9452 for cyclic and throttle with a Futaba GY520 gyro and a Futaba BLS 251 on the tail.

I've had good results with the OS 91HZ-R w/ hatori pipe with my Trex700 so I believe I'll stick with OS

I initially wanted a Sylphide but I found excellent support for Blitz parts and tech info in California. Helos Aviation Technologies. Its going to be an interesting journey.

Arclight338 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-10-2011, 01:03 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nice!

Some build pictures would be appreciated. I´ve always been curious about this heli but never had the guts to try one since botique helis somehow seems to disappear of the chart after a period of time.

Love the design of the avro for sure!
tomra is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-16-2011, 05:33 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Got the Blitz build finished. Roughly 20 hours or so. OS 91HZ-R 3C w/hatori pipe. Ready to maiden this week. The header tank is only for additional fuel capacity. For what its worth the factory idle mixture setting was @ 12 oclock and WAY TOO RICH. Once adjusted the motor ran very sweet. Added the additional .2mm shim. Running 30% Nitro.

Last edited by Arclight338; 07-22-2011 at 12:56 AM.. Reason: Additional build photos
Old 07-18-2011, 12:41 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Very beautiful!

So nice to see an avro. Any hickups during the build? Machining quality?
tomra is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-18-2011, 03:36 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomra View Post
Very beautiful!

So nice to see an avro. Any hickups during the build? Machining quality?

Absolutely flawless.( My one and only complaint is the canopy is fiberglass but NOT gel-coated and quite fussy to prepare for paint,which is a work in progress) The component quality is exceptional.

Not only do you receive an assembly manual, bound and very well written- you also get a setup manual to guide you through various ways to setup the head linkages for stable, sport/3D and extreme 3D.

Old 07-31-2011, 06:46 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Maiden flight was flawless. I love this machine!!

Old 08-18-2011, 06:44 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Blitz Avro 90 update. I've put about 5 hours of flight time on this machine. The OS 91 HZ-R "Speed" 3C has become VERY problematic. Exceedingly rich at all times. Rechecked the complete fuel system on the heli-no issues. Changed plugs. OS #8 to Enya #3-no change. Fuel consumption is unreal.

Finally, I pulled the motor out. All issues were resolved with a very simple change. A NEW YS 91 SRS3D and Hatori SB19. Breakin was flawless, on CP 30% this engine runs like a dream. Tuning was simple. The power increase is amazing, and of course not running puking rich its quiet,controllable and I don't need to practice my auto's-unless I WANT TO.

I called OS- this motor is NOT under warranty. This of course was of no concern to me since I've had good luck with my other OS engines. Tech support was of no tech help. They said "send it in-we'll check it out for you".

....For $20 initial exam fee and then $40/hr and parts,plus shipping back. Uh, yeah.
I stripped the motor, the piston, ring and liner were ok. The wrist pin was rusted so bad there was little lateral movement-in fact it was hard to remove the rod from the crank until I soaked the pin with penetrating oil. This was probably a result of being flooded with so much fuel as well as flying in very humid wweather-maybe.The carb was free of debris and "appeared " to have been machined correctly.

, when I took the regulator apart, I found the diaphragm was installed upside down! In fact, I was so surprised, I took another of my HZ-R's apart to confirm this. Is this why the engine ran poorly? I have no idea. I reassembled the engine and put it back into the box, sooner or later I'll give it another try. Although NOT in my most valuable heli. OS lost a customer. The YS is my first and not last.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in