Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters > 450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters

450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters 450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2011, 05:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Cool Tarot 450 Pro v2 FBL - Unboxing

Just got my Tarot 450 Pro v2 FBL from ooModel today... I first placed my order on 11/28/11 so I have been waiting a while. When I first ordered it, I guess it was kind of like a pre-order because I was told it was still in the "manufacturer testing phase" so it did not ship until 12/6/11...

I just thought I would throw up a couple of quick pictures of what is in the box. I have not opened up anything yet because I am still at work .

Be on the lookout for more detailed pics in the next day or two...

************************************************** ************************************************** *****
*** Updated with more pics of the stuff actually out of the baggies ***
************************************************** ************************************************** *****

Syma S107G - Yellow Toy

Last edited by TaterTot; 12-27-2011 at 10:09 PM..
TaterTot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-27-2011, 05:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

B]Update[/B]: Still working my way through the build -- I ran into a couple of issues with electronics not fitting, but anyway...

Just wanted to reiterate how important it is to take apart and apply thread-lock to all screws going into metal. NONE of the bolts in the head or tail have had any thread-lock what so ever...

Along those same lines, I have cleaned all the screws with alcohol because they were ALL extremely oily/dirty. If you are building this kit you really NEED to do this so that the thread-lock will adhere to the threads of the bolts properly.

Next, I had an issue with one of my tail grips having some binding and when I took it apart, I noticed one of the washers inside the grips was not stamped properly and had a piece of metal hanging off.

So again, you HAVE to go through this thing really carefully because you never know what you will find...

Update: One of the threads for the "Tail Find Stabilizer Mount" was completely stripped and I doubt ooModel will do anything, so I had to order another one....

Finally, the drilled hole in the one of the turnbuckle links was drilled off-center and was therefore too close to the edge of the link and IMO sacrificing its rigidity... Sooo I ordered a replacement from Tarot and one of the replacements was the same way. But between the two sets I was able to come up with a good pair.... sigh

************************************************** ************************************************** *************************
************************************************** ************************************************** ************************

Here is some pics of the issue I was having with the Walkera 2801Pro Rx being too wide. I fixed it by removing it from the case and coating it with liquid electrical tape... Hopefully I can get all this mounted inside the heli at some point....

************************************************** ************************************************** *************************
************************************************** ************************************************** ************************

Here of some updated pics of my build progress.... Notice I was insistent that the wiring be very clean...

Also, the clearance on the RX and the Main Gear is not as close as it looks...

Just to be clear here are my issue with the Tarot kit so far:
  • No Threadlock anywhere
  • Damaged Washer in the Tail Grips
  • TurnBuckle Link Hole Off-Center
  • Stripped Threads in the Tail Fin Stabilizer Mount

HOWEVER, the main blades were PERFECTLY balanced and had the EXACT same COG....
Syma S107G - Yellow Toy

Last edited by WillJames; 02-06-2012 at 05:49 AM.. Reason: Updated
Old 12-27-2011, 09:05 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Nice! Just look beautiful! I'm still waiting for mine as Canada Post is still off! Hopefully should be here before the week end! The waiting on this one was... Anyway keep posting!
choopi is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2011, 11:48 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nice! I placed my order with oomodel last week so I probably have a long wait. Thanks for posting.

Dave
Lanman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2011, 12:39 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just wondering. Is Tarot a subsidiary of Align? The resemblance to the 450 Pro is so uncanny that I can't imagine them being to separate companies.
Agibbs996 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2011, 01:53 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

That looks great !

That canopy looks damn good as well.

SAB Goblin 700 - CCHV120 - BEC Pro - AR7200BX - TM1000 / 450 Pro - GT5 - Tarot head / T-Rex 550 V2.1 - CC100 - BEC Pro - AR7200BX - TM1000 /
1004ron is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2011, 02:20 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

This is almost an add forcing me to buy one... keep em comin'
Old 12-28-2011, 04:39 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirolf View Post
This is almost an add forcing me to buy one... keep em comin'
LOL +1
Old 12-28-2011, 06:38 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

As to whether Align owns Tarot, I don't think anyone has been able to substantiate that rumor. Still the resemblance is amazing for Tarot to be just another clone. I remember someone posting up pics of their new 450 Pro and it came with Trex decals in the box. Not that necessarily means anything but I've never seen another Align clone go that far to copy the Align design.

I just recieved email stating my Tarot has shipped complete with tracking number. I'll be watching this thread as if it were my own. Thanks again for posting.

Dave
Clovis Ca.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agibbs996 View Post
Just wondering. Is Tarot a subsidiary of Align? The resemblance to the 450 Pro is so uncanny that I can't imagine them being to separate companies.
Old 12-28-2011, 06:49 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agibbs996 View Post
Align and Tarot parts are slighty different, I have a Tarot 450 pro and an Align 450 pro 3GX and there are small differences in the metal parts, but still fit Align. Tarot main shaft, spindle and screws are also made from softer metal, also the plastic gears can have some wobble.
Align has tighter fit of parts and usualy canopy airbrushwork looks better than Tarot although this one looks very good
All in all a good deal for the price.

Grtz Rudi

retired Trex 450 pro 3GX, MCPx, 130x
kmkflyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2011, 07:46 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Nice! I am surprised that they did not include the metal versions of the anti-rotation bracket, battery tray, and tail servo tray.
Walkera 4#3B, 4G6
Align 250SE, Gaui 200
Tarot 450PRO
Align 550L Dominator
Steve Joblin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2011, 09:30 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nice! I flew mine this morning. Only a small hover since the wind is blowing hard. Really happy with the kit. Let me know how the zyx install goes. Mine wasn't working when I installed it. I'm waiting on a new one, should be here next week. Until then mines got a flybar and spartan gyro.
NjRep335i is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2011, 03:56 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanman View Post
As to whether Align owns Tarot, I don't think anyone has been able to substantiate that rumor. Still the resemblance is amazing for Tarot to be just another clone. I remember someone posting up pics of their new 450 Pro and it came with Trex decals in the box. Not that necessarily means anything but I've never seen another Align clone go that far to copy the Align design.

I just recieved email stating my Tarot has shipped complete with tracking number. I'll be watching this thread as if it were my own. Thanks again for posting.

Dave
Clovis Ca.
Just FYI you can use USPS.com to track your package with the tracking number they gave you... I was trying to track mine using the china post website and had to translate it everytime

Quote:
Originally Posted by NjRep335i View Post
Nice! I flew mine this morning. Only a small hover since the wind is blowing hard. Really happy with the kit. Let me know how the zyx install goes. Mine wasn't working when I installed it. I'm waiting on a new one, should be here next week. Until then mines got a flybar and spartan gyro.
I am using the CopterX CX-3X100 FBL gyro rather than the ZYX because it is the exact same but was cheaper and has a cool aluminum case
Syma S107G - Yellow Toy
Old 12-29-2011, 01:11 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Looks nice. How about the hardness of the aluminium parts?

The aluminium parts on my 250 can be bent by fingers.
red_gol is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2011, 10:08 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Funny thing about the tracking. I called usps to find out if my package was on the truck and I gave her the tracking number she said" sir that number is wrong it needs to start with" I told her I put the # in and it worked she tried and sure enough it worked.

I flew mine some more yesterday and let my buddy try it out. He has a trex 450pro and said it flew almost identical. I'm sure the small difference is that I'm still trying to dial it in perfectly. I am very happy with it thus far.Also the parts I've broken have been replaced with align and they fit dead on. This was my first build and enjoyed putting it together. It's by far a different experience then my 2 brushless mcpx's.
Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
NjRep335i is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2011, 12:57 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_gol View Post

same on the align 250.....

hey i just fitted a tarot head to my 450 pro v1...and the alloy lipo tray...its the same quality as align bar the head dampners
chrismechanic is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2011, 03:40 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

TaterTot,
How is the build going? Just curious how the Tarot build quality is meeting with your expectations. Looks like my shipment left Shanghai yesterday.

Thanks,
Dave
Clovis Ca.
Old 12-30-2011, 01:42 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanman View Post
TaterTot,
How is the build going? Just curious how the Tarot build quality is meeting with your expectations. Looks like my shipment left Shanghai yesterday.

Thanks,
Dave
Clovis Ca.
Well thanks to HobbyKing taking forever to ship out my order (almost taking as long as it took me to get the Tarot Kit), I still do not have all the parts to complete my build.

I might start with what I have, but I will not be able to get very far...

EDIT: Just received the rest of the stuff I needed for my build, so I will try to start on it tonight after work... BUT it is a Friday night, sooo...,
Syma S107G - Yellow Toy

Last edited by TaterTot; 12-30-2011 at 03:31 PM..
Old 12-30-2011, 04:33 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

It's not surprising you can bend the aluminum on such a small model. It's just aluminum, the particular alloy is not the issue. It's itty bitty pieces being subjected to lots of force.

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_gol View Post

Stickey is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2012, 07:45 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

So I have a little bit of an issue right now that I am trying to work out...

Turns out the Turnigy Trust 55amp SBEC is HUGE (http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ontroller.html)

It will not fit under the battery mount in any way, shape, or form... I am not sure this ****ing thing will fit anywhere inside the heli -- the capacitors on the end really stick out and not to mention it cannot sit flat due to a small protrusion coming out of the back...

On top of that, apparently the Walkera 2801Pro receiver is a little wider than the frames of the heli, so not 100% sure what I am going to do there either...

I am going to take a break for a day or two and look at some wiring threads to get some ideas... Any suggestions with the Trust SBEC or the Walkera receiver would be GREAT...

Syma S107G - Yellow Toy

Last edited by TaterTot; 01-01-2012 at 11:43 PM..

Tags
box, fbl, flybarless, pro, tarot

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in