Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 450

Blade 450 Blade 450 Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2011, 06:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Washout arms not level on one side at midstick

As per subject, it's confusing the hell out of me. All adjustments are done, swash is level. Servo horns 90. At midstick, washout arms are level on one side but not on the otherr side. Makes the flybar cage look tilted to one side : / don't think adjustable links can solve this. Anyone has any idea what the cause might be? Main shaft is new. Main blade grips are new.
Advertisement

Old 12-27-2011, 08:08 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I doubt this is your problem. However I went through hell and back fighting washout arms. Turned out it was my tracking was off. It looked good at mid stick, 0* pitch but in the air it was way off. Once fidiling around I finally got it. Just a thought..
bradharvy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2011, 08:27 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm not sure that the swash arms level or not would have anything to do with the links above it..

When doing setup, I work from the bottom up.

The swash arms level are strictly a function of the swash itself being at the proper height and level. So, level the servos at 90degrees, using subtrim as needed. then adjust the links between the servos and the swash so that the swash arms are level, throughout an entire revolution. This will also tell you that your swash is level.

Then with the swash level/swash arms level, adjust the upper links so that the blades are at 0 degrees pitch. When doing this, it is important that you manually hold the flybar level, otherwise your blade pitch readings will be off.

on edit: By 'level' I really mean 90degrees perpendicular to the main shaft. Note that the main shaft does have a very slight angle in the frame, this is normal to compensate for tail rotor thrust.
InFocus is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2011, 08:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by InFocus View Post
Then with the swash level/swash arms level, adjust the upper links so that the blades are at 0 degrees pitch. When doing this, it is important that you manually hold the flybar level, otherwise your blade pitch readings will be off.

I saw a video once where the guy was using the blade holder to hold the flybar and it works great. Put the paddle in the top slot and attach it to your boom. You may have to work at it a bit to get it level and tight, but it is as easy as 1, 2. I would have said 1, 2, 3... but it's easier than that.
Bananaslug is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2011, 02:17 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by polysheep View Post
As per subject, it's confusing the hell out of me. All adjustments are done, swash is level. Servo horns 90. At midstick, washout arms are level on one side but not on the otherr side. Makes the flybar cage look tilted to one side : / don't think adjustable links can solve this. Anyone has any idea what the cause might be? Main shaft is new. Main blade grips are new.
Er.. Can't say for sure, but if you are pretty solid from servo arms to swash, the problem probably lies higher up. And one part of the head that has a lot of parts (more likely to have issues I guess) might be the flybar/flybar cage.

Also check linkages for lateral slop, one may be vey loose.

spykez is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2011, 02:53 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

oh wells, kinda suspecting that the washout control arms might be slightly bent in relation to the washout base. Bought a aluminium set to try, will install it tonight and see how it goes. Got the b400 aluminium swashplate as well just for the fun of it :x
Old 12-28-2011, 02:58 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Deleted

Last edited by polysheep; 12-28-2011 at 02:59 AM.. Reason: double post
polysheep is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-13-2015, 09:09 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi,

I am experiencing the same.

The swash out arms are not the same up/down level on each side.
I had 1-2 crashes.

Therefore the flybar cage is not 100% level as well as one bell mixer arm and both main blades are far off (after fine tuning blade tracking).

So the head after my swashplate is far away from being "perfect".

The Blade nevertheless flyings with 8-10 down elev trims of 0.5 steps and about 5 right ail trims of 0.5 steps.

Did you find the solution?
Where the wash out arms bent?
Bent wash out screws?

Did a new aluminium wash out arm set help?

Threads got also to my attention talking about additional step washers for the pitch to be able to successfully tighten up the wash out arm screws (too tigthen with hard wash out base movement because of twist or too loose with too much play).

Greetings

Thomas
Thomas.Heiss is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-16-2016, 01:19 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Any update on this? I was therefore flying with front nick (works against pitch up in forward flight) and right roll trim.

Any RCGroups thread which describes this issue?

Have new alu washout arms fixed the issue for you?
Walkera Devo 10/DeviationTX (12CH DSMx & telemetry)...Ex-DX8...Blade 4503D...Walkera V120D02s...XK K110...Blade 200QX quad...Ex-NanoCPX...Ex-120SR...StrykerQ (LEDs, M2 tuning)...Ex-MPX EGP...PPZ P51-D...PZ Wildcat (searching fuselage-firewall)
Old 03-18-2016, 01:38 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Found links:
Washout arms not parallel: https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=51007
Blades go out of tracking: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1468317
Walkera Devo 10/DeviationTX (12CH DSMx & telemetry)...Ex-DX8...Blade 4503D...Walkera V120D02s...XK K110...Blade 200QX quad...Ex-NanoCPX...Ex-120SR...StrykerQ (LEDs, M2 tuning)...Ex-MPX EGP...PPZ P51-D...PZ Wildcat (searching fuselage-firewall)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in