Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 700 Class Electric Helicopters

700 Class Electric Helicopters 700 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2015, 05:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default trex 700 speed fuselage

I love the way they look..so much. Amain hobbies has them right now for $173 with free shipping so it's tempting me.

I'm wondering though, already having a power eating 850mx in my heli, how much more flight time am I going to lose by adding a speed fuselage? Am I going to end up with 2.5 minute times? hah
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2015, 07:22 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thats a great question and one I have wondered myself for quite some time. Align has a promo with a speed fuselage included with a 700L kit. From the videos I've seen on Youtube.. guys are landing the Top in the 3-4 minute range already.

Align has the Speed fuselage spec'ed at 460 grams. Nearly exactly one pound. But we could also subtract the weight of the front canopy that was already there. So its probably not that much weight.

Here's a video of it with the 850mx inside- getting absolutely hammered and landing at 3 minutes. So I don't think you're gonna get 2.5 minutes. Probably around 4..
T REX 700 Speed Fuselage test flight (3 min 27 sec)
RC/DC_5000 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-24-2015, 09:14 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

I'm not anywhere near that skill level so I'm not hammering the heli like that lol!

Yeah I suppose 4 minutes is a reasonable expectation. Sucks, because I get a solid 6-7 minutes out of my trex 550, but you really can't compare the two performance wise ;]
Old 07-26-2015, 02:08 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

If the fuse is more streamlined than the canopy you might not lose time. Especially not on sport flying.
Only the ground is the limit!
LinusLarsson is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-26-2015, 10:57 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have the fuselage on mine, no time loss. There is a minimal weight reduction from removal of the boom supports, stabilizer fin & bracket, plus a couple of screws. Not tit for tat but the weight gain is quite minute. One possibility of "zero" time loss may be due to the reduction of drag, this addition really streamlines the unit.

CG does change though, a bit heavier on the tail side, so be aware of that.

The color scheme is a real hoot, reminds me of a flying light saber. The yellow/orange combo really stands out, cloud covered or blue sky, no mistaking orientation.

I don't fly smack 3D at this point in the game, flips & rolls, loops(forwards & backwards) tic-tocs, rainbows, inverted eights & such. Still pulling the same time with the fuse, no worries.
Old 07-27-2015, 01:05 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I could definitely see that the aerodynamics make up for some flight time and that sport flying could perhaps even improve.

But the big air collective lifting of smack 3D will probably not appreciate even a very slight increase in weight. Either way, it doesn't seem to be a problem.

I think I'm leaning towards getting it.
RC/DC_5000 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-28-2015, 02:29 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Agh, I know red and yellow is the visible way to go and I like it, but I like the red/white more, or possibly the recently released colors that I haven't see anybody have yet. (HF7009)
Old 07-28-2015, 07:03 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nitro too.
ticedoff8 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-29-2015, 08:45 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

I want a speed fuse on my 700e v2. But I have a couple concerns.
My Heli was built from a chp frame and nitro tail. I run a nitro canopy now.I've been told with a CF boom there is a chance of boom strike.I notice that everyone removes boom supports is there a brace that replaces the supports? If not will that not increase the chance of a boom strike?
Also I run a yge 160 ESC on the back top of my bird.it seems like the fuse wouldn't fit over it.

And last I don't know which fuse to order for my bird. Seeing it was built up from a chp frame and all aftermarket parts except tail housing and motor and cyclic servos.

Any advise would greatly appreciated by this newb.
rubhamusan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-29-2015, 06:41 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

yardner is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-31-2015, 01:15 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I want a speed fuse on my 700e v2. But I have a couple concerns.
My Heli was built from a chp frame and nitro tail. I run a nitro canopy now.I've been told with a CF boom there is a chance of boom strike.I notice that everyone removes boom supports is there a brace that replaces the supports? If not will that not increase the chance of a boom strike?
Also I run a yge 160 ESC on the back top of my bird.it seems like the fuse wouldn't fit over it.

And last I don't know which fuse to order for my bird. Seeing it was built up from a chp frame and all aftermarket parts except tail housing and motor and cyclic servos.

Any advise would greatly appreciated by this newb.
Start with a bucket of money and lots of time.

No one told me a Speed Fuse would fit a nitro.
I bought it and took a chance.

After some Dremal work, it fits okay.
ticedoff8 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-31-2015, 05:28 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubhamusan View Post
.I notice that everyone removes boom supports is there a brace that replaces the supports? If not will that not increase the chance of a boom strike?
The carbon boom cover acts as the boom support. The tail is bolted to one end and the other to the frame. Having both, I would say that the tail boom is supported as well, if not better, by the speed fuselage than the standard boom supports.
jakalope is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-01-2015, 10:47 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default trex 700 speed fuselage

850mx with 4400 mah 60c 14s.

3d setup with radix 690:
12,5 degrees collective pitch
2250 rpm
Remain 3,73 - 3,75/cell @ 4 min

Speed setup with 713 xblades :
2400 rpm
15 degrees collective pitch
3,72-3,76/cell @ 2min30

OXY rep/Lynx team pilot

T700EDFC-RAPTORE700-GOB570-550ULTIMATE-PROTOS500-OXY3
Stoparach is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-01-2015, 11:52 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

thanks .now i know.
rubhamusan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-06-2015, 12:01 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have a CF boom on mine as well, I don't know how that could possibly be an issue. And man, that aftermarket fuselage looks AMAZING.

My eyesight sucks so I'm hoping a fuselage will help a bit with that too. I think I'm going to go with the yellow/red or the newest colors that I have not seen anyone have yet.
Old 08-11-2015, 10:55 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I have the red n yellow one on the way from Amain for my 700 V2. I've already researched what needs to be done to get it on, no problem. I'm not worried about time, I fly for 5 minutes and use 4900ish mah out of 10,400 total mah so I think a little more weight won't make a rip. It's a stock V2 being run at around 1950 headspeed. I have the esc up under the canopy and it doesn't get hot so the fuse shouldn't make any difference but I'll check the logs to be sure. I fly sport and old man 2.5D, I just want the fuse cause it looks cool and will help with visibility.
700 size scale Bell Jet Ranger 206BIII, 450 size scale UH-1N, 180 size fpv race/freestyle quad w/Fatshark Dominator V3 goggles, mCPX BL, some edf jets and a plank or two, DX8, AMA# 923167, Clubs: Silver Hills RC, Coeur D Alene Modelers Association
JasonJ is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2015, 04:30 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

So I got the fuselage installed (pic in the Trex 700e pic thread). Flew 4 flights with it, zero difference in amount of juice consumed, flies about the same. I will say it sounds more quiet. I thought it might be placebo effect but my friend has a DFC with the same power train and it is noticeably louder. Visibility is outstanding, everyone commented on how visible it is. Canopy is a bit fiddly to get on and off but otherwise it's pretty cool.
700 size scale Bell Jet Ranger 206BIII, 450 size scale UH-1N, 180 size fpv race/freestyle quad w/Fatshark Dominator V3 goggles, mCPX BL, some edf jets and a plank or two, DX8, AMA# 923167, Clubs: Silver Hills RC, Coeur D Alene Modelers Association
Old 08-22-2015, 05:51 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Doesn't it make the heli tail heavy?
Old 08-22-2015, 08:21 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Nope, cg is perfect. In fact prior to installing the fuselage the helicopter was a bit nose heavy unless I put the batteries farther back on the tray.
Old 09-04-2015, 03:25 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoparach View Post
850mx with 4400 mah 60c 14s.

Where did you find this fuselage? I see it says fusuno on it, but they don't have that one anywhere. Limited run? Discontinued? Custom made?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in