Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Avant RC - Mostro & Aurora

Avant RC - Mostro & Aurora Avant Mostro, Aurora, Electric eAurora, RigidCore Flybarless Head, Avant EFX and Avant FX Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2012, 08:08 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default E Aurora , where to mount the BEC/vbar etc

I am at the stage of adding electronics, I am going to run a full size vbar and a castle bec pro. I would have loved to go high voltage but funds are just not allowing it right now. Looks like everything is going to be a very tight fit. I would love to see what others have done as far as mounting the vbar/bec and RX battery.
Trex 700L NEO / Mikado Logo 600SX Vbar 6.0/ Trex 470LM NEO, Oxy 2 CC Talon 25 NEO, 450 pro vbar 6.0pro/ Trex 700n DFC OS105HZR, Velocity50 Vbar 6.0pro -Oxy 5 NEO-/Trex 600efl PRO (Night Flyer) vbar/CC HV80 ......ALL VBAR CONTROL
Stevin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2012, 02:35 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I Run a BeastX with a Gryphon VR. Here is how I mounted everything.

rctazz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-05-2012, 04:11 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

nice and clean, did you cut your battery slots bigger? why didnt you take advantage of the cut out for the esc?
Trex 700L NEO / Mikado Logo 600SX Vbar 6.0/ Trex 470LM NEO, Oxy 2 CC Talon 25 NEO, 450 pro vbar 6.0pro/ Trex 700n DFC OS105HZR, Velocity50 Vbar 6.0pro -Oxy 5 NEO-/Trex 600efl PRO (Night Flyer) vbar/CC HV80 ......ALL VBAR CONTROL
Old 07-05-2012, 08:04 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevin View Post
nice and clean, did you cut your battery slots bigger? why didnt you take advantage of the cut out for the esc?
Thanks. No I didn't cut the battery slots out at all that is the sizes they came. I just put some rubber splicing tape around the edges to protect the batteries in the event of a crash. I didn't mount the ESC in the frames for two reasons. 1. It is very tight in there for the CC 120HV and not a lot of mounting options, 2. If the ESC went up in smoke, I wanted to be able to tear it off the Heli relatively quickly. I sort of ended up modeling most of my mounting of electronics after Jason Bell's Aurora

For reference, I have had NO issues with the ESC on my Avant or my Trex 700.
Old 07-06-2012, 03:14 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Here are the pictures rctazz is referring to.

Vbar sensor would mount where the Vbar is, I would mount the vbar main unit under the large hole on the right side of the frame where I have my receiver mounted. As for the BEC, possibly where the rx battery is mounted.

Representing:
AMain Hobbies, XNova Motors
Jason Bell is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-09-2012, 07:53 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

RCTAZZ just noticed you have a flybar head, why the beastx? Can you use it just as a plain tail gyro?
Old 07-09-2012, 01:23 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevin View Post
RCTAZZ just noticed you have a flybar head, why the beastx? Can you use it just as a plain tail gyro?

My Avant started out as flybarred with the intention of switching it to FBL. I wanted to try it out as a flybarred heli first. I used the BeastX as just a tail gyro and it worked great. My Aurora is now flybarless and flys good but I'm still tweaking it.
Old 08-14-2012, 02:04 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default My first 700 - and its going too be a e Aurora :-)

Made a new thread

Last edited by JOHA; 08-14-2012 at 08:18 AM..
JOHA is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2012, 02:58 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

The rubber grommets in the holes is a good idea. If you want to be really fancy, you can get yourself a servo wire crimper, and cut all of your wires to the exact length.
Kontronik Drives
Justin Stuart is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in