Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite)

Blade Helicopters (eFlite) Blade Helicopters (eFlite) CP, CX, mCX CX II, CX III. and others

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2015, 01:21 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ironically I was talking to my an employee at my local hobby shop about the Cp. So he ducked in back, pulled one out of a box and said here you go. I know have a conversation piece that can sit out and my cat can chew on.
mototogo78 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-16-2015, 10:46 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has a problem with cats chewing on their helis!!

And I dodged the Blade CP days by a few years and had my nightmares with it's Blade SR predecessor. The design was still crap. I've had mine in the exact same spot on the shelf for 3 years now. Only now it has a Forza 450 beside it for comparison.
Heli's that I currently fly: Lynx Oxy3+ {Build In Progress!}, JR Forza 450 {hangar queen}, Blade 180CFX, Blade mCPX BL {work horse}, Blade NanoCPX - Blade Nano QX, Blade NanoQX3D - Phoenix 5.5 - Spektrum DX6 - - HeliFreak is great! -
Canadian_Jesus is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2015, 06:13 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

I actually learned to hover a Blade CP earlier edition that I bought used. The first downside was that it had a 9V NiMh battery for it that took 1.5 hrs to charge and would hover only 4 minutes. I mean literally only hover there was no extra power for flipping or hard punchouts.

The 2nd downside was that it had a 72mhz radio system.

I still have it and an SR but don't fool with them because the sticky pitch sydrome they both exhibit when you try and get some decent head speed out of them as you progress and won't to go inverted. SR and CP used the same head parts except the SR had a 4mm shaft and the CP has a 3mm shaft.

Those piss poor designed head with the sliding parts would not be good even if you spent the 80 bucks to get all the aluminium parts. It needs a real head similar to a Blade CFX 300 to fix its sticky picth and then the belted tail kit to get rid of the tail motors.

The SR was much nicer than the CP as you actually had a place to mount something but other than that it was a made over blade CP..
Old 05-30-2015, 07:10 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Pretty funny, I did what a lot of other people did. Never got it up so took a few years. First time I flew my MCPZ and it just took off and hovered and I z was hooked again
Old 06-08-2015, 11:32 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Guess I got a unicorn!
My Blade CP flew ok. dont remember major problems other than it was pretty fragile.. I had some nitro experience but it was probably 10 years in between. Re-learned to hover, Could fly circuits and stall turns but never had the guts to do a loop (still don't). Finnally getting a sim.
planks- Radian, mini crack yak, 32in Laser EPP, UM P-51, UM T-28, Umx beast,Stryker 180, plus more
Bigbadken is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-28-2015, 01:24 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

I still have a cp pro 2 and an sr, they get a handful of flights a season and i dont feel bad letting the kids have a go with them..lol.
tigger69 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2016, 08:41 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

The CP Pro was my first collective pitch heli. It was definitely a POS, but it did give me a glimmer of hope because I was still able to hover it a few times despite being as unstable.

XL Protos 380
Jomaba4308 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2016, 09:15 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

The blade cp was awesome for me. It was the first heli I could afford. Best yet it was a rtf, pull it out of the box, charge the battery and go fly and that's exactly what I did with it. I spent a couple years hovering it and eventually did a few crude flights with it. I didn't so much as have 1 problem with it in the 200 some odd flights I got out of it. Oddly enough it met it's demise from a cat knocking it off the top of a cabinet and I couldn't find parts for it at the lhs anymore so I threw it out.

It's what finally got me into the hobby at a price I could afford at the time. It worked good for me for until 2012 with my off and on flying, but by then I had a trex 450 sev2 that still serves me today. Without the blade helis I wouldn't be into helis today. I still have a weakness for blade helis and enjoy them to this day.
Old 04-17-2016, 09:40 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

My Dad bought my first 2 helis, partly because he wanted to try it too. A CX2 and the CP Pro. He did better with the CX2 but believe it or not I had better luck with the CP Pro, until my clutz dad knocked it off the table and stepped on it. Did enough damage to where it was cheaper to replace it but it flew so bad it wasn't worth it. A year later I got a clone Trex 450 pro, that and a Mini Titan I bought 6 months later helped me make the biggest jump in this hobby.

XL Protos 380
Jomaba4308 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2016, 11:59 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Blade cp pro was my very first heli and if not for it , i would never gotten into helicopters i successfully hovered and FFF mine. w/o ever having a mishap my father still has the 3rd one i owned. got used and converted to brushless main motor, he came up with a great tail holding motor gearing system for it once he got it. he flew it in the yard, not sure he ever flew it in FF it was something fun for a while, but i wish we would have had the 230s instead i would be lot better pilot now if so

Epoweredrc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2016, 04:40 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_Jesus View Post
I'm glad I'm not the only one who has a problem with cats chewing on their helis!!

And I dodged the Blade CP days by a few years and had my nightmares with it's Blade SR predecessor. The design was still crap. I've had mine in the exact same spot on the shelf for 3 years now. Only now it has a Forza 450 beside it for comparison.
My cat does too.

I got into the hobby when the SR was still around and pretty cheap too. I almost bought it. Went with a different dog instead: the 120 SR, and then to another, the mSR X. Third try did the trick with the mSR and I realized I didn't suck as much as I thought I did. The mSR was good for learning upright flight and orientations on, and eased the transition to collective pitch.

The Blade CP was before my time in the hobby. Sounds like a bad intro to it, but I don't think it had anything to do with Blade much later killing the Pro series. I think Sab, Gaui, and the many other companies with well deserved reputations with larger helis was what killed the Pro series.
Blade Scraper is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in