Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > nano CP X

nano CP X Blade nano CP X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2013, 10:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Nano Settings

I am going to look at a used Nano Saturday and the seller doesn't have a transmitter to demo it with. I am going to bring my DX6i and it has MCPX settings in it. Will they work with the Nano? Will MSR batteries fit the Nano?

Thanks.
Hydros27 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2013, 01:10 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

The settings will "work" but you can always put the correct settings in before you go. There are plenty to be found online.

Yes the batteries will work.
Old 02-16-2013, 07:32 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Download the nano manual and put in the suggested settings; they have a table just for the dx6i. If you are not good with cp helis yet, just fly it in normal mode and have your rates around 40% instead of what the manual says. Truthfully, you might learn more about the bird and its history by watching the seller fly it though.

Good luck and welcome to the family!

Dustin Mustangs is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2013, 08:17 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Not formatted very well, but this is usable. From the manual, page 5:

DX6i

SETUP LIST
Model Type
HELI
Reverse
THRO N
AILE N
ELEV N
RUDD N
GYRO N
PITC R
Swash Type
1 Servo 90
Timer
4:00
ADJUST LIST
D/R & Expo
0-AILE 100% 30%
0-ELEV 100% 30%
0-RUDD 100% INH
1-AILE 85% 30%
1-ELEV 85% 30%
1-RUDD 85% INH
Travel Adj
THRO 100%
AILE 100%
ELEV 100%
RUDD 100%
GYRO 100%
PITC 100%
Thro Curve
NORM 0% 40% 60% 80% 100%
STUNT 100% 100% 100% 100% 100%
HOLD 10% 10% 10% 10% 10%
Pitc Curve
NORM 30% 40% 50% 75% 100%
STUNT 0% 25% 50% 75% 100%
HOLD 0% 25% 50% 75% 100%
Old 02-16-2013, 08:20 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Note the difference between these two binding modes. For computer radios, you hold the rudder RIGHT. For non-computer, you hold the rudder LEFT. With non-computer radios the 3-in-1 board has built in pitch and throttle curves, which you don't want with your DX6i

From page 7:

�� Binding Procedure for Computer Radios:

1. Disconnect the fl ight battery from the helicopter.
2. Power off the transmitter and move all switches to the 0 position.
3. Connect the fl ight battery to the helicopter. The 3-in-1 Control unit LED fl ashes after 5 seconds.
4. Push the bind switch/button while powering on the transmitter.
5. After 2–3 seconds, release the bind switch/button.
6. Move the rudder control stick to full right. Continue to hold the rudder control stick to full right until the
blue LED on the 3-in-1 control unit is solid.
7. Release the rudder control stick.
8. Disconnect the fl ight battery and power the transmitter off.

�� Binding Procedure for Non-Computer Radio (DX4e, DX5e)

1. Disconnect the fl ight battery from the helicopter.
2. Power off the transmitter and move all switches to the 0 position.
3. Connect the fl ight battery to the helicopter. The 3-in-1 Control unit LED fl ashes after 5 seconds.
4. Push the trainer switch or button while powering on the transmitter.
5. Move the rudder control stick to full left after the transmitter LED lights fl ash twice.
6. Release the trainer switch/button. Continue to hold the rudder control stick to full left until the blue LED
on the 3-in-1 control unit is solid.
7. Release the rudder control stick.
8. Push the trainer switch/button. The blue LED on the 3-in-1 control unit fl ashes to confi rm the helicopter
is in non-computer mode.
9. Disconnect the fl ight battery and power the transmitter off.
Old 02-16-2013, 08:23 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Get the whole manual here:

http://www.horizonhobby.com/pdf/BLH3300-Manual.pdf

I don't think the mCPX batteries will work, they are a bit larger and won't fit in the holder..
Old 02-16-2013, 08:46 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

All you people doing 3d with the Nano. Are you still using the manual pitch curve and throw settings? I know expo's is all personal feeling.

You people that can flip one a dime. Help us newbies out and maybe listing settings, blades(bullet or normal) used.

I notice between bullets and normal I can make a flip but loose the hold at end. With bullets I can make a roll but still loose it at end.

Lot more practice I know, but if there is some other settings more 3d friendly that would help that would be cool.

I have 3 more months before I get out side untill then I'm in a 10 x 12 living room with fly zone of 8 x 8, a flip/stunt zone of 5 x 5.
RichKnapp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2013, 09:09 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Wow, pretty impressive you've been able to learn to flip in that small a space. I tried it a few times in my basement and failed miserably. I've been able to practice in a sports dome the last 3 fridays. Second friday I got the flip down, but I'm still not reliable. I think sometimes I can keep it in a 10x10 area in the flip, but not every time.
Old 02-16-2013, 09:28 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoatRider View Post
Wow, pretty impressive you've been able to learn to flip in that small a space. I tried it a few times in my basement and failed miserably. I've been able to practice in a sports dome the last 3 fridays. Second friday I got the flip down, but I'm still not reliable. I think sometimes I can keep it in a 10x10 area in the flip, but not every time.
I can make my flips and rolls but its so tight here as soon as I don't nail the finishing hold (haven't yet) its a crash. So I'm at the piont of "Get ready to pick it up, I'm doing a flip or roll. " lol
To top it off My space is only a 8' ceiling. Wish I at least had vaulted ceilings that would help.
RichKnapp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2013, 10:56 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks for the help. I wasn't seeing the obvious right in front of me. I just put the Nano settings in the transmitter before I left.

I traded my old MSR that I haven't used in 2 years for the Nano. It was too windy to fly today so I have done nothing more than hover in the garage. I'll try to get outside Sunday and see what it can do.
Hydros27 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in